ingame banter vs irl banter

Josh

First, I want to acknowledge that I know this topic isn't gonna solve any problems in fact from what i know about this site its just gonna be troll replies.

and let me be clear this is not directed to any clan in particular in fact most clans are guilty of this.

I understand that when you fight a clan you win, sometimes you lose. Its part of playing a game. However i don't understand the use of hacking, ddosing, doxing that most clans on here use in order to give their clan victory/advantage. Did we forget that we are playing a video game or something? If you get flamed etc its fine its just banter/trash talk thats just part of competition. All you gotta do is practice/get better pulls and organization and beat the other clan and u can give them the banter back. Thats how competition works.

I realize that its nothing new and its been a part ever since the community took the nh route. 

I remember back in 2009 when 2 mm members were caught scamming and ddosing, you know what happened to them? they got the immediate boot because brown sticky stuff like that was not tolerated in their clan at that time, they even made a public apology about it. I know that there are still alot of clans that also are still honorable, but those are very few.

I understand that you play a game to win, however we all have to remember that this is simply a video game. We shouldn't be going around hacking each other, ddosing for wins or any other dirty irl tactics. You should be playing to improve your clans organization and pulls so you can beat each other without having to resort to such silly tactics.

you tried to exemplified MM as the shiny beacon of virtuous behavior, yet they were probably one of the first major clans to bring mains & zerks to their trips when they were getting smashed

Realize that i'm not trying to glorify mm and i complete agree with you cause they used nh tactics as well im talking about when they booted members who were hacking ddosing back in 09 or 08. they even made a public apology on pure warfare about it. Im sure they later succumbed to the other nh tactics such as ddosing and bringing mains as you said. My point of the post wasn't glorifying one clan, just using them as an example of one good thing for the community.

Not talking about any clan in particular yet you have in your signature a post by an sv leader in your topic .

tjeIcEq.png

sorry about that that was a sig earlier that i found funny mostly because we were making fun of tom for it it wasn't intended to be malicious to ur clan il remove it so it doesn't cause bias. Like i said earlier almost all clans are doing this.

you tried to exemplified MM as the shiny beacon of virtuous behavior, yet they were probably one of the first major clans to bring mains & zerks to their trips when they were getting smashed

in addition i want you to know that even tho u lead this site you can't control ddosing/doxing and other nh outside of the game tactics used. You are just one man so im not blaming u you or this site or anything, just making it clear that its up the community to change.

in addition i want you to know that even tho u lead this site you can't control ddosing/doxing and other nh outside of the game tactics used. You are just one man so im not blaming u you or this site or anything, just making it clear that its up the community to change.

Nobody is going to change, so go cry elsewhere lil virgin broccoli and poor attempt at flaming sv lmfa0.

Nobody is going to change, so go cry elsewhere lil virgin broccoli and poor attempt at flaming sv lmfa0.

im sorry you got the impression i was flaming your clan. Your clan has nothing with my post, my post was directed at the community as a whole as almost all clans are doing these things. I repeat i was not attempted to flame your clan at all im glad that your clan is part of the community since it makes it bigger and more active.

And i realize that nobody is going to change, but you never know people have a change in heart =]

go 2 sleep

is that ur suggestion to the community because i think its a fantastic one. If we all went to sleep and rethought our actions and realized we are playing a video game maybe some change might happen. Thanks for the suggestion man :)

Welcome to clanning 2k15 nothing new, in the past those things was hidden now their public. 

I agree that since i started clanning in 08 there were still nh things going on back then and they weren't as transparent as they are now. However,  I know its hard but together as a community we can make a change. i believe in this community :)

im sorry you got the impression i was flaming your clan. Your clan has nothing with my post, my post was directed at the community as a whole as almost all clans are doing these things. I repeat i was not attempted to flame your clan at all im glad that your clan is part of the community since it makes it bigger and more active.

Hey buddy, I completely understand what you mean. I think everyone who have been playing for a couple of years pre-eoc will understand you as well. But honestly, nothing, and I really mean it, nothing will solve this based on the current community of ALL clans. The only salvation WAS Sharkbrew, a community site for all clans to come together, but it seems that backfired big time. It's not going how it's suppose to be going, they can't seem to control this community and just went along with it. Personally, no offence, I just think Slushpuppy cares about the advertisements on his site, meaning that he wants traffic and those troll posts/replies are doing a great job ;)

Hey buddy, I completely understand what you mean. I think everyone who have been playing for a couple of years pre-eoc will understand you as well. But honestly, nothing, and I really mean it, nothing will solve this based on the current community of ALL clans. The only salvation WAS Sharkbrew, a community site for all clans to come together, but it seems that backfired big time. It's not going how it's suppose to be going, they can't seem to control this community and just went along with it. Personally, no offence, I just think Slushpuppy cares about the advertisements on his site, meaning that he wants traffic and those troll posts/replies are doing a great job ;)

Sharkbrew can't control this community? They never wanted to control the community, they wanted to amplify the tension between clans to make the forum more active. In fact sharkbrew love it when clans ddos/hack each other , the whole purpose of this site is to flame the clan you beat/are beating in a rivalry.

This isn't a place to congregate about clan politics.

hmm i agree with alot of your points and i think you might be right tbh.

Sharkbrew can't control this community? They never wanted to control the community, they wanted to amplify the tension between clans to make the forum more active. In fact sharkbrew love it when clans ddos/hack each other , the whole purpose of this site is to flame the clan you beat/are beating in a rivalry.

This isn't a place to congregate about clan politics its place to tear chunks out of the clan your smash

I completely agree with you that sharkbrew is a place where as you said amplify tensions and flaming and tearing chucks out of clans that are smashed, however, unless im giving @@slushpuppy too much credit i didn't think that his intention was to take things into irl lvls such as hacking/ddosing/doxing.

i also agree with your second sentence all though unfortunately its the only place where such discussions can happen.