Best fully customisable screen recorders?

Dom

Looking for: fully customisable fps and compression bit rates as well as option for raw uncompressed output.

I like OBS for fps but being limited to the compression type puts me off as it has a lower quality output, the problem with it being a streaming software I guess ;\

Camtasia is good until it comes to FPS. Outcome feels like it has fps drops in the raw recording, not a problem with my computer but feels more like a software issue.

Bandicam doesn't seem to allow me to record raw uncompressed, not sure why but the output feels like it has a lot of colour shifting.

CamStudio seems to be very buggy, will experiment with it more later and find how comparable it is.

Anyone got suggestions?

Note: this is for screen recorders, this doesn't include programs like Fraps \ Dxtory which rely on DirectX \ OpenGL source

What application are you trying to record? screen recorders always have a performance hit over direct graphic card hooking, that is use directx,ogl,ocl,gfx recording softwares are used when gamers are trying record high res gameplay footage

rs

have camtasia record .avi not .camrec and edit with sony vegas.

camrec itself do records around 60fps but the render settings for wmv or flash do not support it, thats where your quality and frames tank.

I believe the quicktime movie settings do support it(can't recall the specific name) but for that you need mac, I think.

Camtasia or fraps seem like the best ones.

osrs has a custom graphics engine that fraps doesn't understand ty tho

@@dom my recent videos i've been using Hypercam 2 and rendering in 1080p 60fps in sony vegas, fraps for league:

i'll look into hypercam 2, aint tried it yet.

ty

edit: not rly that good compared to something I've came across, still experimenting though

cf0a0cd64e6f6f29a0d44a8a86ae3522.png

18.4mb lol