FO bends the knee to the true P2P kings

Hazardous

@@slushpuppy

[15:56] <14slushpuppy> <slushpuppy> so now leaving is acceptable reason for nulling a round
[15:56] <14slushpuppy> <slushpuppy> i find it quite hard to null a round based on leaving..
[15:56] <14slushpuppy> those r my issues

Ever since I have been around the pure clanning scene, there has always been the common agreement that in order for a clan to "win" a prep, there must be the legitimate completion of the prep, with the victor clan having 2 victorious rounds in a best of 3 WITH battle.

There have also always been cases where clans have left the portal PRIOR to the fight beginning in the respective round, asking for a simple rechallenge that is expected to be given. There has NEVER been the consistent notion of clans earning "free" round wins if a clan leaves the arena to ask for a simple rechallenge to actually fight it out. In the case of scummy clans who wish to gain every little advantage they can without fighting, they will most likely more than not try to find reasons not to cooperate and win without fighting, and so that is the small case where it exists.

In the case of the Foe vs Eop prep today, the first two rounds saw battle from both sides. Before the 3rd round, the score was tied at 1-1 and we were ready to see who would win the prep in the final round. Both sides were at a disadvantage for the first two rounds, but we continued nevertheless. We entered the arena, Eop walked to their portal to defend while we waited in the centre. Now, BEFORE the fight began, we left the portal to get a rechallenge which in the history of pure clanning has NEVER been a problem. Eop obviously didn't care so they decided it would be time for them to claim a 2-1 victory and walk away. We sat there waiting for 10 minutes for them to ACTUALLY FIGHT US, spamming "Challenge". They didn't want to complete the prep so they left.

Now, my argument is that the prep is classified as unfinished because there was NEVER a battle to decide a victor for the 3rd round. 

Now, onto your concerns. Nulling the round because we left is not the entire argument. There was never a battle which ensued to crown a victor, and so us leaving the portal before the fight began is not a valid representation of a forfeit because it was not an act of preventing the entire battle from taking place. We stayed there waiting for that final battle which they didn't want. They took the easy way out, trying to in fact cheat the system, victory without actually winning.

Now, historically, it has never been a problem to ask for a rechallenge BECAUSE both sides know that the prep is unfinished until there is one clan that has two clear round wins WITH battle. That did not occur today, and that's why this specific prep should be nulled.

They could have simply accepted to fight in a legitimate R3 battle and finish the prep, but they chose not to. Therefore, the fate of the prep finishing was in their hands and they decided to walk away with a WIN without actually earning the victory and finishing the prep. Seems like a flawed system to me if you award them the win.

The majority of clans do not prep with the idea of trying to cheat the system at all times, except for the ones THAT walk away from an unfinished prep. In any case, if clans start continuously leaving like you mentioned to me, then maybe set a rule that you are unable to leave more than once per round of the prep?

Ah jeez I feel like I'm back on gamebattles in like 2010

Don't pull enough for the agreed minimum opts (which was 50 and not even absurd for an HPC): Check

Bitch about us not sitting below agreed upon: Check

Get wiped out round 1: Check

Break out the booters for round 2: Check

Take round 2: Check

Hit people off before round 3 even starts: Check

GIF the member #s as we leave CC once members get hit off: Check

Claim the win on sharkbrew: Check

Mass highlight and spam #clan-eop and #finalownage: Check

Pretend like you won the fight 2-1: Check

Start convincing members you can actually compete in a fair p2p fight: No Check

Create propaganda sharkbrew topics: Check

Actually convince anyone you can compete with FOE in p2p: No Check

Pretty much expected Hanuman would jump ship to EoP and you guys would try and convince the feeble minded you can keep pace with FOE...

Ditch the booters, try being able to pull 50 people to an arranged prep, and beat us in a fair round. Until then I'll be sitting here with the crown reminding you that Hanuman is not the answer.

Gl selling. 

Don't pull enough for the agreed minimum opts (which was 50 and not even absurd for an HPC): Check

Bitch about us not sitting below agreed upon: Check

Get wiped out round 1: Check

Break out the booters for round 2: Check

Take round 2: Check

Hit people off before round 3 even starts: Check

GIF the member #s as we leave CC once members get hit off: Check

Claim the win on sharkbrew: Check

Mass highlight and spam #clan-eop and #finalownage: Check

Pretend like you won the fight 2-1: Check

Start convincing members you can actually compete in a fair p2p fight: No Check

Create propaganda sharkbrew topics: Check

Actually convince anyone you can compete with FOE in p2p: No Check

Pretty much expected Hanuman would jump ship to EoP and you guys would try and convince the feeble minded you can keep pace with FOE...

Ditch the booters, try being able to pull 50 people to an arranged prep, and beat us in a fair round. Until then I'll be sitting here with the crown reminding you that Hanuman is not the answer.

Gl selling. 

you should write a novel bro

@@slushpuppy, no foe rank fucked up lol.

not sure why you would expect anyone other than a foe rank to argue the case anyway? that's part of the responsibility of having the rank. Wouldn't expect a new member or someone out of the clan to argue my case this hard, though there are clearly other people that share my thoughts.

in any case it's a shame there's a massive flaw to the system if clans are able to earn a victory without actually winning 2 rounds of battle, when something like today happens and the opposing clan doesn't give a brown sticky stuff to do a proper round 3 when they are able to. You are technically allowing them to walk away with a free round win without fighting because of your rules.

lmfao what a joke

Just gonna quote this because it's pretty bants;

Where's our round 1 redo then? Quit your whining buddy, you lost on runescape.com and now you've lost on sharkbrew.com. If you're going to attempt to dispute something you really have no chance at disputing, at least make the arguments practical and not based solely off of your theoretical claims that four people were ddossed before the gate dropped (which evidently wouldn't have mattered in the fight considering the gate dropped 3 minutes before you left).

A strong argument is a good argument, a holymemes argument... not so strong