Pure Community: A New Future

Adam

The Pure Community  

112 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do, if the pure community changed as stated in this post?

• Embrace The Change
    • I Like Way Things Are

Community is way too immature for that.

Also I took at look at Hormone's topic as well and i must say that I like the fact that hes keeping his clan 1 defence only. One thing I don't agree on, is his image of creating a perfect scene for the lower tier pures. We've tried this many of times, there is a reason why the MPC scene split from the HPC scene on 07. Doom might be the honorable clan but their rivals may not be. Once other clans feel like they're at a disadvantage, getting defence will start to be discussed and bam.....we're all back at square 1.

Would work perfectly if jagex could be convinced to implement def restricted wilderness worlds, 1-5 def specifically for pures. I don't see that happening any time soon. Without that, people will use 88 combat 20/30/40+ def accs just like they did as mpcs a little while ago.

Basically it's a great idea, but without support from jmods it isn't feasible. The pure leadership can't be trusted to work together to eliminate even just the mains. That was tried, clans broke it almost immediately, and once a clan breaks the rules everyone else does the same to "even the playing field".

The only clans that can do that is the LPC Scene bracket. Even some still have 1-20 defense.

It's been 1-20 defense since 2007, I think if every clan focuses on realizing that LPC is where the change can be made.

But sadly, all the responses you'll ever get is (Who cares about LPC anyway, fucking retards).

Beautiful topic man.

For us Oldschool clanners that have been around since the beginning it's a shame what the pure community has become.  I remember back in the day you were shunned for even having 20 Defense.  

We need to go back to our roots and embrace 1 defense and having high combat stats at low lvl.  I believe ALL the Leaders of every clan come to the decision to keep a defense requirement in their clan it will be for the best.

Lets be honest... the HPC scene is cancer and we all know it.  It wouldn't have to be like that if we didn't all push for defense just for an advantage. 

I'm not just saying this either, I have a maxed 110 combat and have been through it all, there is no reason to get that high combat unless you want to get hit by maxed 120s @ 10+ wild... There just isn't a point to it and it's not how pure clanning was intended to be...

That's the sole reason I made Doom to try and shape a new pure community for the better.

~ Ryan\Hormone

@@Adam this topic is amazing and well thought out, I appreciate all of the work that you put into this. Myself and others tried doing it before but you have really went over the top and excelled.

I believe that the current LPC scene could be a restart for the pure community. HPC trips have become so cancer, even to the point of MPC's being basically forced to go HPC so everyone can get action once again. The utterly poor leadership between all clans is what got it there, and I think now is a chance for everyone to start over. LPC will be action packed and full of fire, while HPC will continue to stagnate, hopefully causing more and more people and clans to flood to LPC.

The pure standard is no longer around or even thought of, and thats what needs to change. The pure community is currently making an embarrassment of itself and its history with countless 30+ defence accounts and enormous amounts of mains each weekend. It's even gone far enough to make Jagex allow 30 defence in the Jagex cup for PURES...WITH NO TURMOIL...just think about that for a second. Also, FOE, one of the greatest clans and known to be proud of being mainly 1-10 defence has even caved in and encouraged its members to get 30 defence.

Everything needs to change, and I honestly and hopefully believe it will start with this new wave of pures.

Would be great but unless the server happens to get reset or it closes & we all go to private servers, This change will 99% never happen simply because the ranks wouldn't want to grind new accounts, the members wouldn't want to aswell, especially the ones who previously were maxed out 88 combat pures & were told to get 39 defence and they did it for their clan.