[ARCHIVED] First attempt @ banners

cassidy69

Wanted to try and make a banner before i ask @@Maxx  how to blend backrounds with rs images with a different style, this is basically what i learned from Textures/fonts and brush's over the past day. I threw a reflection in it however I tried to make it blend it with the smoke as much as possible so it didn't look completely cauliflower from the brush. what you think?  :ph34r:

AFENnqg.png

bCw0yR7.png

I'll help you out tonight, be in ts

I feel like there is way too much going on and i'm not sure what you did with the text.

kinda figured it out in my edit just working on the text part, the text on that i fucked up with the beveling however i figured it out by playing with it a lil bit, stumbled upon a huge texture pack on the way 

AFENnqg.png

10/10

wKT3MVo.png lol

Give this kid some time Kierann, 

Once he gets the hang of blending modes etc etc, Wont matter how much is happening, It will all flow nicely and that same image, With the proper guidance and a better font/text style, Would look amazing. 

@@Maxx

i showed him some techniques on teamviewer ;)

For your fist attempt it isn't bad ill people being quite harsh

Its not being harsh, granted a few people have been, but notice the designers have been harsh, then offered suggestions and tips on how to correct to make it more appealing.

People like you annoy me; you seem like the kind of person who'd rather be comforted with a lie than told the truth.