[Need Feeback] How should we fix clan advertisement channels on Discord?

slushpuppy

currently, clan advertisements on sb discord are handled by posting a message containing the clan's forum, discord link, and an optional banner:

image.png

One of the issues we have noticed is the lack of equitable access where older clans have their recruitment message bumped off completely. New people looking for a clan would tend to choose the latest few clans. Additionally, this has led to instances of popup clans scamming new members.

We are thinking of simply redirecting to the site advertisement forums, but that also has its own set of issues, where this latest generation of clanners aren't inclined to visit 3rd party fansites

just replace it with the clans sharkbrew recruitment thread. The position of a clans recruitment thread depends on how popular it is on sharkbrew recruitment thread. if you have 1000 posts on your recruitment thread and the second highest has 900. Your link will be displayed above the other one. Best and fair way to do it. Sharkbrew benefits from the activity too.

I'd recommend a channel called #lpc-information, #main-information etc etc.

In those channels have a bot where you can say +info

the bot will then populate a list to choose from i.e

1 - foe

2- fi

3- rage 

etc, after selecting a number to receive info from, it'll post the section of text you want them to see. i.e:

[Clan Name]

[Discord Invite]

[SB Recruitment Topic Link]

[Clan Forum Link]

[Uniform]