Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Lenin

Changes To Media & Art Section

Recommended Posts

9i97GP8.png

A lot of changes are going to be coming through to the media section all-together.

Primary Changes

  1.  The designer and senior designer ranks will both be removed have so far been either pointless or abused. For example, after getting designer rank most people abandon these sections and focus primarily on their shops (the benefit of having your topic stickied). A new rank will be devised to simply have moderator power in this section - no benefits.
  2. The entire section has been categorized into the artist/member interests. We hope to uplift the video section as it is a huge demand here.
  3. Topics created more than a year ago will be archived. When entering a new year, categories will be cleaned on february.

Signature of the Month

  1. To increase healthy competition, skill, and artistic interest, we will be sparking up what many communities do; SOTM. The concept is simple. We announce a theme in a topic throughout the first (1-2 weeks) of the month and let artists submit their designs. After the submission is locked the community gets to vote and decide who wins.
  2. If you win a SOTM, you get an icon next to your name for a period of one month until the next winner. If you win the SOTM x5 you get to keep it forever (unless you leave the community, are banned or your activity greatly deteriorates).

Marketplace

  1. The media shops section will be moved to the marketplace once the area is made public. The media section will be kept clean from services/trading. This section will be devoted to Art and related interests.
  2. Shop topics will no longer be stickied. If you want to get services from the community, you need to keep your topic alive and participate in the community - put effort.
  3. Selling and trading standards will come into effect when the marketplace is made public.

 

This is the short verison ^.^

If you are interested in supporting this section or have any questions feel free to contact me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Tuk @CalumGFX @Kidjohnz @Making Rice @MelbourneBitter @Maxx @Phixs @Its_citral @Izad

Please read this carefully. There are a lot of upcoming changes to this section and the marketplace all-together.

If you are interested in volunteering to support us handle monthly signatures, or this area, or the SOTM, please let me know through a pm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CalumGFX said:

Ye, can't wait to see your senior and designer rank removed :) Don't where that senior rank came from to be honest 

I got it from making slush a personal sig! But yeah its useless & unjustified. Imo some sort of visible designer rank is good tho. New people can see who makes gfx and is atleast semi trustworthy. I've got alot of orders with people starting "contacted you because you have the rank" 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Tuk said:

I got it from making slush a personal sig! But yeah its useless & unjustified. Imo some sort of visible designer rank is good tho. New people can see who makes gfx and is atleast semi trustworthy. I've got alot of orders with people starting "contacted you because you have the rank" 

Thats the problem. The owners of most shops are very inactive. These ranks are seen as a means to boost services. From this point on, people will have to stay on top of their topics and seek out work ACTIVELY.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Lenin said:

Thats the problem. The owners of most shops are very inactive. These ranks are seen as a means to boost services. From this point on, people will have to stay on top of their topics and seek out work ACTIVELY.

Tbh i think the shops don't really matter. I rly don't think i've got any customers from having my topic up there, its about posting arounf and having stuff at ur sig and the designer rank!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tuk said:

Tbh i think the shops don't really matter. I rly don't think i've got any customers from having my topic up there, its about posting arounf and having stuff at ur sig and the designer rank!

I'll be making a topic on how to boost your services based on my experiences, and I'd like you to post there as well dude. Hopefully it will help newcomers settle in properly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm happy to see you're bringing SOTM to SB, this will bring more activity to the graphics section of the forum and give a chance for artists to showcase their skills based on the monthly themes. I don't mind helping you situated the SOTMs, though I might be busy at times with juggling between college and commissions. I'm more than happy to help whenever I can @Lenin

We can probably make a Skype/Discord group and schedule events there with all the volunteers that wants to help out.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kidjohnz said:

I'm happy to see you're bringing SOTM to SB, this will bring more activity to the graphics section of the forum and give a chance for artists to showcase their skills based on the monthly themes. I don't mind helping you situated the SOTMs, though I might be busy at times with juggling between college and commissions. I'm more than happy to help whenever I can @Lenin

We can probably make a Skype/Discord group and schedule events there with all the volunteers that wants to help out.

 

Sounds good man I'll hit you up soon. We will be setting up a Discord in the near future so I'll keep everyone updated on that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/10/2017 at 9:05 AM, Tuk said:

Tbh i think the shops don't really matter. I rly don't think i've got any customers from having my topic up there, its about posting arounf and having stuff at ur sig and the designer rank!

False, how I found both you and @Lenin was through the Shop Section. You were also most up to date and most recently active on it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Evan said:

False, how I found both you and @Lenin was through the Shop Section. You were also most up to date and most recently active on it. 

Thats just from you though. Before we spoke about services I had never came into contact with you or IR. A good portion of my services comes from elsewhere (not through the shop area). When all the changes are active I will be making a guide on improving selling rates, services and quality etc. and reveal my personal methods.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Recent changes/notes:

  • Attempting to awaken MIA designers or threads that are a few months old. Any threads older than that have been archived.
  • Deleted Designer Rank. Senior Designer has been renamed to Media Manager (section moderator) and only I have it for the time being. Others will be offered based on their activity (for now).
  • The section Rules & Guidelines for the Media Marketplace are finalized for now. They all to all in the section.
  • Once the actual Marketplace opens, the Media Marketplace will be moved over there.
  • Started working on a template for the SOTM (private). Will begin immediately next month.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...