EOP Re Opens

del

http://eop-rs.net/index.php?/topic/75633-heres-my-story/

3 days ago, I made a decision to close the clan Eruption of Pures. To reiterate, I made that decision because I wanted to move on with my life and wasn't willing to pass the torch to anyone in the leadership. In fact, I told nobody about the closure. It just happened, just like that. I was ready to put that chapter behind me and move on.

This was a shock to everyone in EOP and people from other clans. No one was expecting something like this to happen. Usually clans close due to dying out but EoP's case was different, we closed whilst on top of the pure community. Our legacy was written in history and engraved in our memories. We had nothing to prove to anyone anymore... Except proving to ourselves that we could let go and move on. And for the first time in a long time, we were unsuccessful. All of us were.

Upon our sudden closure, I received phone calls, text messages, forum PMs, e-mails, IRC PMs and TS PMs from virtually every EoP member on our memberlist voicing their dissatisfaction and expressing their emotions (Seriously, some of you didn't need to cry to me on TS, you know who you are). Those people aren't the regular +1's you find in a typical clan in today's community, they were core members. They were people I knew from 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 years ago.. They were EoP.

I was convinced what I did wasn't a mistake. However, upon hearing out those EoP members, I felt as if the guilt was destroying my conscience. I had to make things right. I couldn't sleep knowing that I didn't have a clear conscience. It wasn't about me, it was more about the EoP members who reached out to me.

In order to make things right, I put my emotions aside and told myself that I was going to approach this situation logically. So I decided to propose that EoP members sign up and voice their opinions to decide whether the clan should re-open or not. While some have decided that enough was enough, the majority wanted to continue. These EoP members know that the expectations are to be #1 and #1 only, however, that wasn't why they wanted EoP to live again. It was the community. It was the friends. It was the laughs. It was the drama. It was the joy. It was the nerd screams. It was the laid back PK trips. It was the legacy.

The outcome was amazing, in under 24 hours, we've managed to have nearly 100 people sign up whilst ensuring that atleast 85% of our ending ML would be committed to EoP again. To me, that was the decider. People were contacting EoP members via text messages, facebook, Runescape, IRC, TS to make sure they voice their opinion. You did all this on your own. YOU decided to keep the legacy going.

With that being said, I'll end my story here. Yes, as promised, EoP will be reopening its doors as a runescape pure clan. Nothing will be different, we will still run things as we did prior to closure. We will still have the expectations of being #1 and dominant, and we will do all of this while making sure we remain a family. We will continue where we left off.. as Kings, forever and always.

On a final note, I decided to re-structure the "Leader" rank and promote @@Murd to Co-Leader to run the clan alongside myself. Murd, I have witnessed your growth over the years and I'd be lying to myself if I said you weren't one of the best ranks in the years I've been clanning. As I've said before, I am no longer going to have excess time to devote to EOP during the week, however, I'll have enough to run the clan and ensure it remains #1. However, this cannot be done unless I had someone who is willing to learn and eager to take the clan to new heights, hence the promotion.

EoP Members: We will not be having trips this upcoming weekend, we will spend the week re-organizing the clan and making sure everyone is onboard. This is a group effort and will require all of us to contribute. Our first mandatory weekend trips will be on the May 9th/May 10th, which happens to be that one brown sticky stuff clan's anniversary. Let us hope Fi members are spending their weekly allowances on bibles because they'll need to pray for themselves for the beating they will receive will be fatal.

See you soon, and long live the red giant.