What is the biggest problem facing the pure community at the moment? Well if we ignore that the community won't vote anything related to pures into the game because of just prejudice, regardless of game balance, then that would have to be:
There are two glaring issues. Mains are the obvious one, but they aren't the biggest issue. Even in pre eoc, we had clans pulling half mains but the scene was alive and healthy.
The actual biggest issue is that every weekend trip is always a complete mess for numerous reasons. And because these trips mean nothing, the only reason to go to these trips is for the lulz which gets boring after awhile and most people cycle out.
Reasons weekend trips are a complete mess:
1) World trackers. World trackers single handedly kill any chance you ever have of a clean fight. Now that there are 30 f2p worlds, you could get a clean 1v1 fight if it wasn't for world trackers, minus spies.
2) Teleporting. Being robbed of a kill is not fun.
2) Throughout the years, Jagex have made returning even easier. 2004-2013, f2p fights were fuck as fuck. it wasn't just always mass return fights, that was for p2p. you would usually clear one team. that doesn't happen anymore because you can return in 30seconds. The removal of hop timer (34 seconds x2), more teleports, more bank options, spawning in edge, etc, have made returning way too fast.
3) The meta is just fucking stale. There's been no progress since 2012. Well there was a regress in 2013-2016, but we aren't ahead of where we were in 2012.
4) the mindset has shifted for the osrs community. It's about being efficient now. and sacrificing money every death to gain nothing is against that mentality. Many people make pures dreaming of hitting the big loot and becoming rich. Clan fights are the total opposite of that.
What suggestion do you have that could fix this said problem?
Short term Solution is to make things fresh. The long term solution is to add QoL updates to clanning so clanning is more appealing.
What comes to mind instantly:
1. Make pking profitable for everyone. just like how skilling and pvm is profitable for everyone, regardless of how good you are. Things like loot keys (which auto go to your looting bag), spawning statues, unlocking more rewards in the bh shop or something like a bh shop could work
2. We need the fucking clan chat. Seriously, nothing makes people not want to play more than not having a feature you previously enjoyed. Clan chat is important for 2 reasons. It's a lot easier to manage, and the clan hiscores were huge for competition. K/d for fights was an amazing update. If it were to come again, i'd make it so you could see how many kills were gained by X player in Y hours and how many deaths too.
3. Clan wars revamp. Switch up the meta, stick in overloads as an option. Clan wars was designed to one day have clan staking which is why we have that stupid delay on the 2nd screen. Add more options such as "no returning for 60/90/120/150/180seconds" so we can have return fights that end with a clan getting cleared. Add a dangerous option so we can pk a clan for their stuff and make loot just go to your bank. I'm from MM where we despised clan wars, and now I see the wilderness is just outdated. Crashing is still good fun but every single time it's just annoying. Add CC locks so more people can't join (so you could lock it to 40v40 of only the same 40 people). oddball and koth don't even function properly and it would take 5minutes to fix it (dropping oddball to your team / needing 51% more people to get hill time instead of simply having majority), not that I think they would ever be used, but more pvp options is never a bad thing. Add common gear cap rules for mains. A "pure only" world is good for community growth but it will only solve one problem and create another. IF pure clan A has 5 more than pure clan B with no mains, pure clan B simply won't enter that world. Clan wars revamp would solve the problem of world trackers for 1v1 fights, teleporting (as long as you can't leave CC), mains, and meta
4. Run another Clan cup. The clan cup is a staple of the clan world and Jagex has just been in hiding for the past 3 years.
5. You can solve world trackers by just making worlds update population every 10minutes.
6. The pure community could use more advertising. Jagex is hosting an all star event which features pures so hopefully people can see how fun pures can be. A 1 defence only DMM for 1 season I feel like would also help, assuming every clan here actually participates and tries to win. another cool update would be if you could spectate clan wars in any world. say foe vs eop is in w5, but you hit "scry" in world 69, you could see that foe vs eop was happening in w5 and hop there to watch
How should the unified council or committee decide on which suggestion to push for?
The only possible way would be for slush puppy to be the dictator. A council of clan reps would never work. Clans only look out for themselves. People who aren't in clans can be bribed. A Council where people can discuss ideas would be fine, but slush would have the final say or can be overruled with 85% in favor (I laughed typing something this serious).
P.s. pure worlds should be 1-9 defence. cleanse the cancer fully, not with a band aid.
also this forum being the toxic hub that it is doesn't help our problems either. but then we'll have a purewarfare vs pure community situation as soon as a few clans don't like how the site's censored.
if we push for clan chat, we can get it...
edit: if you could just reset your stats at will at an npc in lumby, BOOM, growth fucking explodes. pking fucking explodes. just make it so the items/abilities requiring certain quests hard req the quest reward xp level to use. (so veng would require 40 def to use). also solves the problems of pures getting hacked for def, getting def from a bug, or just messing up.