Standardized prep rules & feedback from communit

slushpuppy

If you still haven't read my original topic: http://www.sharkbrew.com/community/index.php?/topic/29125-new-pure-clan-classification-the-solution-to-mains/

I am pleased with the response to the original update. Organically, 1 def is currently the best PVP build below 80~ combat, and I am delighted that majority of you are on the same viewport as Sharkbrew.

While the clan classification update solves the problem of mains in the wildy by naturally reducing the combat levels, thus making LPCs/MPCs less susceptible to mains at mid-tier wilderness, there is the issue of clan wars events.

The goal is to standardized prep/mini guidelines that will make it easier for clans to get events with each other(These guidelines are not absolute and clans are free to negotiate their own rules)

For the following:

XLPC(Extra Low Defence Pure Clan) 1-5 Def(<60 avg CB)

LPC(Low Defence Pure Clan) 1-5 Def
MPC(Middle Defence Pure Clan) 1-20 Def
HPC(Higher Defence Pure Clan) 1-30+ Def

I'll need your feedback on what should be the standardized rules

Use the below template:

**********************EDIT THE VALUES BELOW*********************************

@slushpuppy

XLPC:

1. No overs, =<60 combat cap, 1 def armor

LPC:

1. No overs =< 60 combat cap, 1 def armor
  2. Overs on =< 75 combat, 1 def armor
  3. Overs on, 5 def armor

MPC

1. Overs on =< 75 combat, 1 def armor
  2. Overs on, 20 def armor

HPC

1. Bring Pz604vM.png

If you still haven't read my original topic: http://www.sharkbrew.com/community/index.php?/topic/29125-new-pure-clan-classification-the-solution-to-mains/

I am pleased with the response to the original update. Organically, 1 def is currently the best PVP build below 80~ combat, and I am delighted that majority of you are on the same viewport as Sharkbrew.

While the clan classification update solves the problem of mains in the wildy by naturally reducing the combat levels, thus making LPCs/MPCs less susceptible to mains at mid-tier wilderness, there is the issue of clan wars events.

The goal is to standardized prep/mini guidelines that will make it easier for clans to get events with each other(These guidelines are not absolute and clans are free to negotiate their own rules)

For the following:

I'll need your feedback on what should be the standardized rules

Use the below template:

XLPC:

Seems okay for me

LPC:

1-5 defence

MPC

1. Overs on =< 75 combat, 1 def armor
  2. Overs on =< 88 combat and 1 -20 defence.

HPC

Everyone < 39 defence.

Personally I have some doubts towards this classification since you put a maxed out 1 defence (cb level 101) under the LPC / MPC community in terms of wilderness pking.

For clanning caps can be used as stated by slushpuppy

Classification by defence instead of combat level doesnt just seems the answer for me. 

We used the classification by combat since the beginning so why changing it?

And if you change it what other problems will turn up?

It looks like it's a cure for a sympthom rather then facing the actuall problem.

I know in the past huge efforts and attempts have been made to keep the pure scene clean and keep the mains at home.

XLPC:

LPC:

3. Overs on, 5 def armor

MPC

1. Overs on =< 83/89 combat, 1 def armor
  2. Overs on, 20 def armor

HPC

1. Everyone GO main refresh the scene ezpz
  2. If not ^ then make it main free and bring none of them.
  3. and stick to 1-39 defense only.

Personally I have some doubts towards this classification since you put a maxed out 1 defence (cb level 101) under the LPC / MPC community in terms of wilderness pking.

For clanning caps can be used as stated by slushpuppy

Classification by defence instead of combat level doesnt just seems the answer for me. 

We used the classification by combat since the beginning so why changing it?

And if you change it what other problems will turn up?

It looks like it's a cure for a sympthom rather then facing the actuall problem.

I know in the past huge efforts and attempts have been made to keep the pure scene clean and keep the mains at home.

Classifying clans via their def level is a natural def limiter.

The only advantage a 99 attack/99 prayer 1 def pure would have over his 75 attack ags pure counterpart is the ability to keep prayers up for longer & maybe a slight increase in accuracy. At such high CB, the 101 will be extremely vulnerable to mains in the wilderness.

Additionally, if the 101 attacks the 87, both accounts have the same max hit and low def so it is fairer than the current system where an 87 1 def pure may have to deal with a 30 def who will have agloves, finished MM2 and can use OP weapons like ballista.

Noted the rest of your recommendation, will shortlist the results and poll it later this week

This won't work. The problem stems from various sources.

Off the top of my mind:

1. The categorization of pures appears counterintuitive (e.g. MM would be considered an MPC?)
  2. Assume a member of an MPC clan was hacked to 30 defence. Also assume that the clan keeps him in. It seems odd to say they are now an HPC because of 1 instance of a 30 def pure. I also do not think that the member's defence will outweigh his ties to the clan he wants to be a part of.
  3. The fact that clans will be labelled something different from what they currently are now does not change the fact that clans will bring mains. For example, how will classifying EOP, CP (or whomever) as an HPC stop them from bringing mains?

It's not a matter of classifying pures differently, it's about motivating the community to change their standards. It's a matter of each clan agreeing to abide by certain norms and conventions. But what incentives do they have? Given that they have pures already over 20 defence, I don't think they want to create other accounts. 

There seems to be three ways to proceed:

1. Work with Jagex to enforce standards (whatever they may be)
  2. Embrace the fact that the state of affairs dictate "pure" clans ought to become mains.
  3. Change standards to a hybrid clan (1-99 defence).

XLPC:YES

No overs, =<60 combat cap, 1 def armor

LPC:YES

No overs =< 60 combat cap, 1 def armor

Overs on =< 75 combat, 1 def armor

Overs on, 5 def armor

MPC- should not exist. Affects lpc(overleveled invites for wildly trips aka maxed 60/75att pures ). This should just be merged with hpc or be used to replace useless 30-39 def accounts (after 6-12 months of mpc to transition people out of their 39def accounts into real pures

HPC- 39def is not a pure. That's why everyone brings a main for trips(including myself)