As the days go by

WeaselMaker

This community, 

this fucking community.

is doomed.

@@slushpuppy

This topic is not intended to discredit you by any means, do not take it that way. You are one of the few in this age of clanning that actually ATTEMPTS to keep this community alive.

Moving on to more pressing matters at hand.

I have been thinking about the nature of the pure scene, and about the history of it. I cannot come to any other conclusion other than the pure community, in all its greatness, has democratized itself with community forums like this. Clans come in here, witht heir brown sticky stuff members, their brown sticky stuff ideals, their brown sticky stuff opinions, and what do they get? They get economics! Marketing, Services, Tools, promotions, they get to exchange services with other clans, which, ultimately benefits them. What else do they get? For the most part (although this will obvious as obamas muslim heritage be disputed) they get fucking treated fairly. A complete fairness in the form of rights in relation to every other clan on here. If one clan wants to create disarray amongst another, there is a neutrality to the removal of the disputing off these boards. This community is built to keep you guys here and living obediently with each other. Kinda like the UN for you tomatos who dont understand (mainly aussies).

What is my fucking point??? Well i will tell you now. There is a complete as slush put it "Self-destructive" nature to this community. My sound and logical theory as to why is simple. There is a conflict of interest in each clan when they use these public forums. Clans in this day and age go from their own forums, their own home, with their own leaders, to community forums like these. They then proceed to make complete fucking asses of themselves. It is because of the change of governance from their own clans, to a free-for-all-fuck-it-do-what-u-want community. It is fucking toxic (PUN is INTENDED).

You pures are like little fucking brats. Brat fucking children who expect everthing to be given to them. Constantly having arms wide open, ever-deserving of anything you see fit. Your brown sticky stuff parents who put up with your bullbrown sticky stuff are your clans, your clans forums, your clan ranks. Sure youll be good boys and girls with your parents, but the moment you come on these community forums, you loose your fucking brown sticky stuff, and that little cunt-brat-ass character of yours comes right out.

How do we fix this self-inflicted anemia in our community? We destroy community sites. We send you fucks back to your parents, this isnt day care. As long as we have community sites like these (again no offense @@slushpuppy ) this community will constantly bite its tail. Go back to your fucking homes, play with your brothers and sisters, worry about your own clan on your own forums (hell your leaders should like this--ACTIVE FORUMS), and fucking remain there. Its obvious that we dont need these sites because all they are used for is flaming/baiting/trolling/fuck-all. CLEARLY we cant bring you guys together and play nice, nor can we do any sort of fucking events on these forums because it goes to fuck-all.

When clans go back to their homes, when these community sites stop fucking welfaring this community then we may see growth. These sites arent used for bringing new pures into this community anymore. Theya rent used for events either. If you want to contest me then go ahead but you know deep down im fucking right. Everything you use to setup fights with other clans and interract with other clans has NOTHING to do witht his site.

Go back to IRC, go back to TS. This is the only option slush and co. i hope you heed my words because i do know what i am talking about.

@@Ivp

tl;dr

• youre not welcome here, 
  • go back to your own clans forums and remian there. 
  • No more community 'oneness' it is a false ideal placed upon us from an archaic time of clanning long ago. 
  • None of you have it in you to bring this type of order back to light. So fuck off.
  • You dont deserve these type of sites.
  • no community sites

You have a great point there. The point of these community forums is to bring people together and it's done quite the opposite "conflicting interests and ideals". Plus it's the internet so nobody really cares. This community site has turned into a place where people can flex their macho internet skills and see who can troll/bait their enemies the best and the community administrators actually support it because "it's funny". People turn into complete dickheads on the internet. Seriously, nobody acts like this in real life. It seems like people only want to get along if they are trying to get that person into their clan or if they have been in the same clan in the past together and hit it off pretty well. If it's anything else it's complete hostility. Nobody acts like this in real life because there are no rules here. People get hurt and lies are fabricated just to hurt someone's internet status. There is no respect for the other person's feelings whatsoever. It's all an agenda in this community. In the end what's the point? You become hash1 runescape pure clan and then you proceed to slump down losing that status or closing once you reach it. There is no real goal here. Just manage your clans and base them around a community that enjoys competition. It's nice trust me. People just need to chill out and be real with themselves for once. I've come across a lot of really cool people in this community that I've really liked. But if I was a different person that same person could be the one i bash on forums daily just because he's from another clan or whatever. Everybody here is human just like the rest of you guys yet you yap at each other like you're all dogs fighting for a chew toy. It's disheartening really.

You have a great point there. The point of these community forums is to bring people together and it's done quite the opposite "conflicting interests and ideals". Plus it's the internet so nobody really cares. This community site has turned into a place where people can flex their macho internet skills and see who can troll/bait their enemies the best and the community administrators actually support it because "it's funny". People turn into complete dickheads on the internet. Seriously, nobody acts like this in real life. It seems like people only want to get along if they are trying to get that person into their clan or if they have been in the same clan in the past together and hit it off pretty well. If it's anything else it's complete hostility. Nobody acts like this in real life because there are no rules here. People get hurt and lies are fabricated just to hurt someone's internet status. There is no respect for the other person's feelings whatsoever. It's all an agenda in this community. In the end what's the point? You become hash1 runescape pure clan and then you proceed to slump down losing that status or closing once you reach it. There is no real goal here. Just manage your clans and base them around a community that enjoys competition. It's nice trust me. People just need to chill out and be real with themselves for once. I've come across a lot of really cool people in this community that I've really liked. But if I was a different person that same person could be the one i bash on forums daily just because he's from another clan or whatever. Everybody here is human just like the rest of you guys yet you yap at each other like you're all dogs fighting for a chew toy. It's disheartening really.

oh god chesty

the time of fucking EMPATHY and cuddling and daycare phaggot brown sticky stuff is OVER.

There will be no reform, there will be no great awakening or lost brotherhood relived

Nobody will give two-fucks of a pie tomorrow about this topic or about each other.

No, there is only one way chesty. That is complete removal of this site.

oh god chesty

the time of fucking EMPATHY and cuddling and daycare phaggot brown sticky stuff is OVER.

There will be no reform, there will be no great awakening or lost brotherhood relived

Nobody will give two-fucks of a pie tomorrow about this topic or about each other.

No, there is only one way chesty. That is complete removal of this site.

I think people just need to come back to reality and realize that this is just a game. We don't have to be so hateful towards each other. Let's make this game fun again. No need to stress over pointless brown sticky stuff.

After the 2 sentences I didn't read anything else.

Nobody fucking cares what you think man. This whole pure community is keeping theirselves alive, we don't need a kid like you to come here and tell us what to do. If you don't like something then don't be in it.

When clans go back to their homes, when these community sites stop fucking welfaring this community then we may see growth. These sites arent used for bringing new pures into this community anymore. Theya rent used for events either. If you want to contest me then go ahead but you know deep down im fucking right. Everything you use to setup fights with other clans and interract with other clans has NOTHING to do witht his site.

This community isn't exclusively targeted at pures, hence the reason why I chose a more generic name "sharkbrew", not "pure-XXXX". All I can say at the moment without promising too much is..

this site will become the de-facto place for pkers(pures included). The homepage(guides/calc) & ClanHQ system will become a big factor or the site.

Pures are called pures simply because they have somewhat low defense. They are the subset of a larger community(pkers). My ultimate goal of this site is to reach out to the larger pker community.

Keeping this site online doesn't cost me any more $, however if SB goes down, another community site will take its place. There is always a demand for a community site. If you look at the previous community sites started up in the past 4-5 months, none of them have any sort of future long term game plan like sharkbrew.

I don't think the problem with the pure community is community sites like this, in the past they've worked very well and this website continues to be an efficient place for pures of all clans to have some common ground. Despite the downward spiral that the pure community is in and has been in since Pre EOC, Sharkbrew and before that Clan Warfare have continued to grow in the "07 era".

What these sort of websites are, however, are symbolic of the state of the community as a whole. Case in point; when the peak of the pure community was ongoing, community sites like this were exciting and entertaining to be a part of. I'll explain with pictures;

iYBKoTO.png

Note, the #6 ranked Pure Clan that weekend "only" pulled 50 people and is considered a low pull (keep in mind that after CP in the "rankings" that week were clans such as Fi, IR et cetera who also pulled 50+) - in todays community that would be an astronomical pull for a week to week PK trip and enough to comfortably take the #1 spot. 

Due to the high octane and enjoyable nature of the community, this displayed itself on the community forums in a very visible way; 

LRvOSgG.png

15k views and almost 500 replies, displaying just how interested people were in pure clanning in general. If we compare that to the interest in the PK trips of THIS era, where clans pull around 30 people for the most part...

2HWwZLJ.png

...It shows that there is definitely a correlation between the state of the pure community and the state of the community forums associated with that community. Its the same for Zybez Clan Discussion, and any other clanning forums, you'll find exactly the same results if you went and looked at oldschool ROT/DI/VR/DF topics and compared them to topics of today.

So now that we've established that community forums such as this are effectively mirrors of the pure community, what does THIS forum tell us about the community?

There are many things this forum tell us about the pure community, but I'll leave that to you guys to make your own judgements as the post would extend far too long if I was to name them all. An example of one point. Clans members are not interested in representing their own pure clan and use fake names etc so that they can troll and make other clans look cauliflower, but also as a defense mechanism so they don't get flamed. Using the mirror symbolism, this is shown by the fact that these same clans will then sit in single for their weekly PK trip so they can't possibly lose, so they don't get flamed. Its the same thought process.

Rather than working to win or beat other clans, the clans of today actively work the opposite way round so that they would rather they didn't lose, even if that comes at the cost of having no chance of winning.

The pure community will never live up to the dizzying heights of the past, because its a new generation of children leading clans and being members of clans who simply don't understand how pure clanning works and look at the clans of the past and think "hay dats cool, ill lead a clan too" without any semblance of what is required to build a community and clan. We were all kids once, even leading clans, but for the most part the clans of the past understood how to make and maintain a decent pure clan, taking notes from the clans that came before them. As the years have gone on, the pure clanning ideology has become diluted year by year (Starting with MM/FOE, moving onto clans like EOP, Fi, moving onto clans like E and DP, moving onto clans like Zenith etc, moving onto now with clans like BV and CV - the clans have progressively got less successful when using the same "MM Formula").

Back to the topic at hand, I believe clan sites like this do have a place, yet they evolve to mirror the pure community. And in a community like this, the banter and intelligence levelsis always bound to be terrible. There will always be a spot for forums like this as its the nature of competition to want to see how everyone else is doing. If it's that bad I guess people can just simply stop using the forum; its not as if its necessary to do so. 

Longer than I'd have thought, but hopefully I made my point; sites like this are mirrors of the pure community.

As much as I think you are an tomato, I agree. Forums like this is what brings more competition to the table, people flame and call other people/clans out and that is what fuels the rivalries. Having a community site like this is what tears the community apart as a whole. Without community sites, there would be alot less flame and bullbrown sticky stuff going around the communities, but there will always be that one person who wants to make another community site, and people will follow/register on it just because they enjoy the banter on the forums.

Back when community forums were first created, clans still respected each other and all pures were kind of in it together, it was a much different community forums than what we see nowadays sadly. I guess it doesn't help when theres not really any moderation on the forums to delete all the flame either. Like you said, these forums are basically a free-for-all, we could weed out the retards but it just won't happen because half of this community is retards, and these forums would probably be 2x less active without all these bundle of twigsgots.

I don't think the problem with the pure community is community sites like this, in the past they've worked very well and this website continues to be an efficient place for pures of all clans to have some common ground. Despite the downward spiral that the pure community is in and has been in since Pre EOC, Sharkbrew and before that Clan Warfare have continued to grow in the "07 era".

What these sort of websites are, however, are symbolic of the state of the community as a whole. Case in point; when the peak of the pure community was ongoing, community sites like this were exciting and entertaining to be a part of. I'll explain with pictures;

iYBKoTO.png

Note, the #6 ranked Pure Clan that weekend "only" pulled 50 people and is considered a low pull (keep in mind that after CP in the "rankings" that week were clans such as Fi, IR et cetera who also pulled 50+) - in todays community that would be an astronomical pull for a week to week PK trip and enough to comfortably take the #1 spot. 

Due to the high octane and enjoyable nature of the community, this displayed itself on the community forums in a very visible way; 

LRvOSgG.png

15k views and almost 500 replies, displaying just how interested people were in pure clanning in general. If we compare that to the interest in the PK trips of THIS era, where clans pull around 30 people for the most part...

2HWwZLJ.png

...It shows that there is definitely a correlation between the state of the pure community and the state of the community forums associated with that community. Its the same for Zybez Clan Discussion, and any other clanning forums, you'll find exactly the same results if you went and looked at oldschool ROT/DI/VR/DF topics and compared them to topics of today.

So now that we've established that community forums such as this are effectively mirrors of the pure community, what does THIS forum tell us about the community?

There are many things this forum tell us about the pure community, but I'll leave that to you guys to make your own judgements as the post would extend far too long if I was to name them all. An example of one point. Clans members are not interested in representing their own pure clan and use fake names etc so that they can troll and make other clans look cauliflower, but also as a defense mechanism so they don't get flamed. Using the mirror symbolism, this is shown by the fact that these same clans will then sit in single for their weekly PK trip so they can't possibly lose, so they don't get flamed. Its the same thought process.

Rather than working to win or beat other clans, the clans of today actively work the opposite way round so that they would rather they didn't lose, even if that comes at the cost of having no chance of winning.

The pure community will never live up to the dizzying heights of the past, because its a new generation of children leading clans and being members of clans who simply don't understand how pure clanning works and look at the clans of the past and think "hay dats cool, ill lead a clan too" without any semblance of what is required to build a community and clan. We were all kids once, even leading clans, but for the most part the clans of the past understood how to make and maintain a decent pure clan, taking notes from the clans that came before them. As the years have gone on, the pure clanning ideology has become diluted year by year (Starting with MM/FOE, moving onto clans like EOP, Fi, moving onto clans like E and DP, moving onto clans like Zenith etc, moving onto now with clans like BV and CV - the clans have progressively got less successful when using the same "MM Formula").

Back to the topic at hand, I believe clan sites like this do have a place, yet they evolve to mirror the pure community. And in a community like this, the banter and intelligence levelsis always bound to be terrible. There will always be a spot for forums like this as its the nature of competition to want to see how everyone else is doing. If it's that bad I guess people can just simply stop using the forum; its not as if its necessary to do so. 

Longer than I'd have thought, but hopefully I made my point; sites like this are mirrors of the pure community.

But you can not deny that he has a point. If community forums like this were gone, people would stop worrying so much about the status of their clan. Leaders will start worrying about their own clans and communities. There wouldn't be so much pressure about losing because who else is going to know aside from the other clan? This community site has just turned into a virtual playground where kids try to flex their muscles at the jungle gym, it's really unecessary. Some part of me just wishes that clans would stop worrying about their sharkbrew image and start worrying about their own clans. Nemesis has been doing this and we've only recently started posting our stuff on Sharkbrew yet we have a GREAT friendly community that is constantly active in all fields of the game yet we still manage to be incredibly competitive in both servers despite the opinions others have about us. Clans just need to worry about creating a nice hostile free community that manages itself, that constantly grows, and only worries about the state of their own clan, not the other clans.