Plans for Project MLG

Control Pker

Good or Bad Idea  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Would you do this?

• Yes
    • No
    • If there was progress towards the project

So, Im undergoing a project of mine called "MLG" basically what im going to try to do is contact Game battles which is a site hosted by MLG that does all their tournaments. Ive done some research to find that we could use Game battles to set up fights sorta like what people do on irc/sharkbrew site except we could schedule it on Gamebattles. The idea is to come up with rules and guidelines so that clans can follow these in which Game battles would enforce. This Project will only work if people want to take brown sticky stuff serious. Reality is ill be contacting the company's director's and be contacting them in regards to small tournaments that have money offers for the winners. The rules ive been hearing so far are 90 combat caps or 88 combat caps. Just a combat issue which is fine but this would be extremely competitive if everyone was on board to give it a shot. Im here to just start in small steps and eventually have a team that is very knowledgeable in explaining how this runs to everyone on a specific date to actually make a movement. 

The Ladders would consist of  25v25 tournaments or 30v30 tournaments. Clans can do more tournaments but it'll have to be at an Opt count suitable for all clans that are competing in the tournament.More clans the better but this would be pretty sick even for as low as a 100$ Tournament win to push websites/gfx and teamspeak payments. However, Most tournaments are free to enter with big prizes which is something we should take advantage of. But there are ways of putting "bids" on tournaments from each player. Fun part about this is we could easily setup a "seasonal" ladder to give it a shot and have people's records recorded. Seasonal Tournaments are with 10,000$ prizes but for now we'll need to just take it in small steps and in the future this could get big where you could be getting more money then you ever thought of. I only used 25v25 and 30v30's as good examples but we can also add in smaller ladders to have more people signing their teams/clans up like 5v5's 10v10's 20v20's 30v30's etc. Im looking to add brackets in their to make more people sign up. Im sure people who don't even clan would start to form these teams and this could really spread. 

Let me know what you think. If i see positive comments and actual level headed responses ill def do it. But i will need some help to run ideas past. 

IF YOU SAY "NO" I WOULD LOVE TO SEE A RESPONSE AS TO WHY YOU WOULDNT WANT TO MAKE FREE MONEY? 

IF THERES 50+ YES'S ILL FURTHER THE PROJECT. 

would be dope. idk if they would do it

They would, but id make a huge topic towards it. It'll have to be reviewed alot. But we have to make a huge proposition. Plus, all the benefits etc. They have a runescape Tournament ladder on their already its just having people on board. But i want to open more brackets then just 1v1's on there. 

didnt read therefore cannot vote on something ik nothing about 

I feel sorry for your future. 

aren't u supposed to stop playing this game

Not completely but i have time on the weekends what you expect me to do when my money is all gone to debt collectors? didnt think you had a response for that either. 

ya sike you just want us all to participate so you get a share u broke boy 

Not really, ive heard people talk about betting/bidding on tournaments so why not have a body behind it making that do-able when its free? Idk where you get this "share" idea from when i havent even talked to game bets about this, Just looking for votes and small level headed comments.

Yes and no

Yes since competitive matched clanning is what some people have wanted for ages. I remember back in pre-EOC when it was first suggested.

No because Pure Clans are not the most liked and are not the largest community so a esports like type of event would most likely go to the main scene. Unless I understood wrong and you are talking about a completely private sponsor, most sponsors would like to see a majority being the ones involved in their hosted event. This being said not even the main scene is big enough for an esports type event anyways imo.

Can't say I actually believe you'd be able to pull it off either. I will remain doubtful to see what happens next as I am not the most knowledgeable regarding the company you mention.

You're cauliflower. The reason MLG can host events for prizes is because of sponsors. Each team that enters MLG are backed by major sponsors like Red Bull. You're literally cauliflower if you think you can get this from MLG on a game that you can't be a "professional" at. It's not an e-sport like FPS games/league etc. The only reason Jagex get away with it for deadman mode for their game series in studios is because they are the major sponsor. So unless you're willing to sponsor your clan with thousands of $$, isn't happening anytime soon.

Before you say "Sponsors aren't needed" or w/e, sponsors are needed because MLG requires a large amount of advertisements to be able to enter. Good luck affording it, I don't mean a forum post or a gif image on a forum.

Also MLG would need a sponsor themselves to be able to afford the payout (They get sponsored per game by different companies, I don't think somebody is going to sponsor them for Runescape unless it's Jagex themselves).

- Former MLG Cod 4 Player.