So what about the lpc cb cap?

Fuzz

Back in the 'golden age' of clanning 88 combat was considered a high leveled pure for the top 3 clans. Guess definitions of LPC changed a lot. In my opinion (and from what I remember from clanning back in 2008) a LPC is a clan with an average combat of 50-60, medium 61-75, and high above 75. Then there are people saying it stands for 'low/medium/high pulling clan'. Guess it's much easier to train these days? But a cmb cap of 88 seems about right, but calling yourself 'LPC' seems weird/wrong to me. Ah well, guess we'll just have to ignore that term and keep the cap at 88. Interesting to see if the def and cmb cap will hold.

Also: making exceptions to the rule will lead to more clans making exceptions, and thus the scene will end up with addy.

Back in the 'golden age' of clanning 88 combat was considered a high leveled pure for the top 3 clans. Guess definitions of LPC changed a lot. In my opinion (and from what I remember from clanning back in 2008) a LPC is a clan with an average combat of 50-60, medium 61-75, and high above 75. Then there are people saying it stands for 'low/medium/high pulling clan'. Guess it's much easier to train these days? But a cmb cap of 88 seems about right, but calling yourself 'LPC' seems weird/wrong to me. Ah well, guess we'll just have to ignore that term and keep the cap at 88. Interesting to see if the def and cmb cap will hold.

Also: making exceptions to the rule will lead to more clans making exceptions, and thus the scene will end up with addy.

Yep I know but I think they call it low pure clan nowadays, back then it was free for all, nowadays its all about these cauliflower brackets god knows who made up lol.

Im happy pure clanning is going back to its roots instead of clans masstraining 30+ def to "compete", not going to call out names:)

Yep I know but I think they call it low pure clan nowadays, back then it was free for all, nowadays its all about these cauliflower brackets god knows who made up lol.

Im happy pure clanning is going back to its roots instead of clans masstraining 30+ def to "compete", not going to call out names:)

From what I remember there were unofficial accepted brackets. Especially during the PCL period. Clans such as VD, Dy, Malice, Ascendancy (if I remember them correctly) were sort of in the same bracket, all around lvl 55-60. Then there was a scene for clans such as IR, Dv, and others that I forgot, and finally the HPC scene with MM, Foe, Fi, TLP, Eop, CP, etc.

So it wasn't that 'free for all'. But it makes sense that people consider cmb 88 to be low today since most 'pures' are maxed with 39 def... It is funny to think that most of those people meet the cmb req of many main clans. But if everybody accepts that 88 cmb is LPC, clans will sooner or later progress to MPC and HPC again. That would entail the increase of defence, since I believe pures with 1-5 def are pretty much maxed around 88, so how does one become a MPC or a HPC? By training defence and maxing attack and pray. I guess these new bracket definitions might be partially the cause why clans get defence. It is all intertwined with clans losing their competition and clans making exceptions, so other clans do the same. Once the mith and addy ball starts rolling there's no turning back for the clans that leave the 'LPC' scene behind. 

From what I remember there were unofficial accepted brackets. Especially during the PCL period. Clans such as VD, Dy, Malice, Ascendancy (if I remember them correctly) were sort of in the same bracket, all around lvl 55-60. Then there was a scene for clans such as IR, Dv, and others that I forgot, and finally the HPC scene with MM, Foe, Fi, TLP, Eop, CP, etc.

So it wasn't that 'free for all'. But it makes sense that people consider cmb 88 to be low today since most 'pures' are maxed with 39 def... It is funny to think that most of those people meet the cmb req of many main clans. But if everybody accepts that 88 cmb is LPC, clans will sooner or later progress to MPC and HPC again. That would entail the increase of defence, since I believe pures with 1-5 def are pretty much maxed around 88, so how does one become a MPC or a HPC? By training defence and maxing attack and pray. I guess these new bracket definitions might be partially the cause why clans get defence. It is all intertwined with clans losing their competition and clans making exceptions, so other clans do the same. Once the mith and addy ball starts rolling there's no turning back for the clans that leave the 'LPC' scene behind.

Even though there were the unofficial brackets, I remember the lower tier clans calling out the higher ones during PCL too. These low-mid-high scenes are just for the defence levels people have, I never ever understood that people would gain 20+ defence levels and still call their account a pure. That being said, pure clanning will never be the same as back then, but I don't even care about it no more hehe.

If new people want to change everything what once was an exciting game and they get away with it, so be it. The only time I play rs is for single pking and sometimes a few preps/trips but now it's mostly not the clan's succes the leaders (with their slave ranks) worry about, they worry about their own succes (so they can brag on a forum like this) and the people in the clan are just +1's helping them out.

Times change!

Even though there were the unofficial brackets, I remember the lower tier clans calling out the higher ones during PCL too. These low-mid-high scenes are just for the defence levels people have, I never ever understood that people would gain 20+ defence levels and still call their account a pure. That being said, pure clanning will never be the same as back then, but I don't even care about it no more hehe.

If new people want to change everything what once was an exciting game and they get away with it, so be it. The only time I play rs is for single pking and sometimes a few preps/trips but now it's mostly not the clan's succes the leaders worry about, they worry about their own succes (so they can brag on a forum like this) and the people in the clan are just +1's helping them out.

Times change!

I guess so! And yeah sometimes a clan in a lower bracket would fight one above if they had a few more numbers. 

So LPC/MPC/HPC are now based on defence levels, and not combat levels? Would explain why clans with a 88 cmb and 1-5 def cap say they are a LPC.

I guess so! And yeah sometimes a clan in a lower bracket would fight one above if they had a few more numbers.

So LPC/MPC/HPC are now based on defence levels, and not combat levels? Would explain why clans with a 88 cmb and 1-5 def cap say they are a LPC.

Yep I guess it's based on defence levels, I used to do a few trips (as maxed ags pure) with a HPC but that was just sad. Like almost every "pure" in there is 39 defence and full of raggers.

I used to be in an MPC (impact) too and those cb levels were around 70-92 so it was quite good but then most of the MPC clans have gotten 30+ def so they went HPC and so on.

Now in my opinion, the only real "pure scene" is lpc as most of the prep cb caps are 88 (1-4 def) as stated above.

But yeah it's still based on cb levels too though, as in a maxed 99 att/pray pure will never be able to take part in an lpc prep.

combat level isn't the problem, defence level is

attack/pray level shouldn't mean brown sticky stuff anyway, there's been pures pking with higher than 75 atk since like 2005 lmfao

To be fair theres also always been pures with 10-20/25 def too, idk why clans would even cry about mith, but i guess its better to start low than go straight 20.

clans can have a cb cap, clans like misfits didnt open as an LPC/MPC/HPC but rather just as a pure clan with 1-4 def so we see 101s with them because those are pures that meet the 1-4 def req

personally the aids that is 20 def is much more hurtful to the scene than 90 cb 1 deffers running around, but most clan leaders nowadays are too fucking cauliflower to acknowledge this fact so we will see cb caps from these inbreds clans often in preps