Fullouts

Deep Thought

Why does no one do fullouts anymore?

Pre-EOC there were a handful of fullouts every year. Further back in time, there were Raw List and later PCT (Pure Clan Tournament) fullouts for most clans in both servers. I don't believe too many clans these days would be able to get 100 (when did that even become a prereq to fullout) and it would be interesting to see more 60 v. 60+ clan wars fights. 

58 minutes ago, Shadows said:

Several issues with those two these days. Raw list was an idea, which didn't go through. SB host tournaments which are similar to PCT, just not as big as there aren't that many clans to pull 50+ to cw consistently 

The raw list was KING way back in the day, people just make sad excuses as to why it wouldn't work today.

As for SB tournaments vs. PCT do not tell me clans used to be able to pull 50+ more back then. There were tons of MPCs and that routinely pulled maybe 30-45 each weekend and 25-35 for preps (very similar to now) who would get together for the matched fights (no limit, just had to sit to the lower clan) and fullouts (Only top 3 or so clans pulled 100) during PCT. Most MPCs pulled in the 45-70 range to fullouts, but they still did them. 

There is some fake rational floating around here that if you cannot pull 100 to a fullout, then why do one. I simply do not understand it. Beyond that people keep just defaulting to "that will never work" rather than giving it a real shot. Ultimately, we have 10-12 open clans who can all reasonably pull 30 to a prep. It comes down to whether the ranks in the previously mentioned clans can sack up and make something work or if they would rather avoid action all together. 

6 minutes ago, Lenin said:

But what is the list?

I will be implementing some concepts of the RAW list in my upcoming thread about improving clw competition, until then you can read about it here: https://www.sharkbrew.com/topic/16641-raw-list-re-posted/

basically it made #1 contestable and was the final word on clan standings - declarations were on clans better than your own and it determined your effective ranking based upon this list. instead of constantly prepping other clans to be considered better than another, you actually had to fight that other clan and beat them to take their spot. 

@Lenin basically a list based off performances and results that is updated (at the end of every month is good)

Clans within 2 spots of another clan on the ladder can declare on the clans above to try and take their spot

the only thing is you need to make it for certain rules that accommodate all clans but implement a challenge for the lower ranked clans and lower pulling clans aka in this era of clanning maybe 40v40 as the minimum.

then you have a ranking of clans from best to worst

19 minutes ago, holydreams said:

no, you can make it so if a clan below you declares on you then you are forced to fight if you want to keep your spot

19 minutes ago, Tyendinaga said:

I will be implementing some concepts of the RAW list in my upcoming thread about improving clw competition, until then you can read about it here: https://www.sharkbrew.com/topic/16641-raw-list-re-posted/

basically it made #1 contestable and was the final word on clan standings - declarations were on clans better than your own and it determined your effective ranking based upon this list. instead of constantly prepping other clans to be considered better than another, you actually had to fight that other clan and beat them to take their spot. 

13 minutes ago, holydreams said:

@Lenin basically a list based off performances and results that is updated (at the end of every month is good)

Clans within 2 spots of another clan on the ladder can declare on the clans above to try and take their spot

the only thing is you need to make it for certain rules that accommodate all clans but implement a challenge for the lower ranked clans and lower pulling clans aka in this era of clanning maybe 40v40 as the minimum.

then you have a ranking of clans from best to worst

o.O This actually seems like a solid idea but I'm guessing theres a lot of integration between CW and Wildy. The only problem as you guys have mentioned is dodging or ignoring which is a current problem we face with the COTM and declarations as well.

7 minutes ago, Lenin said:

o.O This actually seems like a solid idea but I'm guessing theres a lot of integration between CW and Wildy. The only problem as you guys have mentioned is dodging or ignoring which is a current problem we face with the COTM and declarations as well.

you'd have to separate clw and wildy

14 minutes ago, Lenin said:

zero integration. wild is to have fun. clw is matched opts and should always be the standard.