Congrats to supremacy on moving up to main clanning!

nawe

5 hours ago, Pigwrestler7 said:

The fact that you’re suggesting you’re hosting this site out of the goodness of your heart?

You have the power to decide who is/isn’t a staff member, and keeping those that promote the use of mains IS NOT for the good of the community. What about that don’t you understand? 

Absolutely, because I know the value I put into creating features for the site far exceeds the $30-50 a month in google ads I get monthly. The market rate for typical site features like those on Sharkbrew go for around $500-$1,000. More if I am keeping them updated. Moreover I host clanning forums for a relatively low fee of around $18 a month while giving them the security support that rivals commercially available 3 figure solutions. Go ask clans who host themselves- how much it cost to harden the forums against DDOS attacks.

Promoting mains isn't good for the community?! Holy smokes why is everyone bringing them then? Seems like clan leaders decided that mains are good and Sharkbrew shouldn't get involved right

1 hour ago, puppyslush said:

Maybe they were active in EOP,  but they were non contributory to sharkbrew when they were demoted. I don't see how u can know otherwise when you were not a rank at that time

I know where you are getting at but I don't see the point of trying to police the community or twist people's hand over mains anymore. Everyone brings them now. Maybe if there is a brand new system or if clan leaders are willing to work together on that aspect to discourage main usage- sure...

Well I can agree with you on that point. I'm pretty sure since the EoP anni both EoP and FO are doing what's needed to remove the use of mains. The next step for other clans such as Sup and IR would be for them to remove their use of mains and to get their respective moderators to work on sorting out the whole use of mains etc. Sharkbrew staff should have the mentality that mains are not okay, and if they can't change that mentality then they shouldn't be representing the community on the platform.

I'll reiterate what I've posted previously which is relevant to this issue as well as general toxicity; with the integration of the main community, sacrificing a few cancerous/toxic people is more than accounted for.

3 minutes ago, Murd said:

Well I can agree with you on that point. I'm pretty sure since the EoP anni both EoP and FO are doing what's needed to remove the use of mains. The next step for other clans such as Sup and IR would be to get their respective moderators to work on sorting out the whole use of mains etc. Sharkbrew staff should have the mentality that mains are not okay, and if they can't change that mentality then they shouldn't be representing the community on the platform.

I'll reiterate what I've posted previously which is relevant to this issue as well as general toxicity; with the integration of the main community, sacrificing a few cancerous/toxic people is more than accounted for.

Yet again I see the recent FOE aftermath topic showing a bunch of EOP caped mains.

So are clans willing to give us the support if we impose on clans for bringing mains? You know we tried a couple of mains to stem the tide of mains including; punishing them for COTM, organizing community-wide meetings to advice clans to drop the mains. Every single instance was shot down by clan ambassadors.

Heck even in the instance where FOE was successfully disputed, afterwards, even more clans came to help them. Same for EOP where despite you bringing 70-90 mains to hit people during trips, your allies still teamed with you and your mains

5 minutes ago, puppyslush said:

Yet again I see the recent FOE aftermath topic showing a bunch of EOP caped mains.

So are clans willing to give us the support if we impose on clans for bringing mains? You know we tried a couple of mains to stem the tide of mains including; punishing them for COTM, organizing community-wide meetings to advice clans to drop the mains. Every single instance was shot down by clan ambassadors.

Heck even in the instance where FOE was successfully disputed, afterwards, even more clans came to help them. Same for EOP where despite you bringing 70-90 mains to hit people during trips, your allies still teamed with you and your mains

To be fair, if we're going to have community-wide meetings again it should be hosted and dealt with by more certified people than the likes of holydreams (like the last one that occurred) or tyen where it became a bit of a joke, btw no flame to either of them because they did try at least!

And again, I agree the biggest issue is/will be getting clan leaders to take part and support. The challenge I see with this is the individuals who represent a clan as a member who are known raggers (cubie, swag of tank, tannie, etc and I know there's people in every clan who do) who would, despite their clan having the no main mentality, snipe with a number of tanks with either their own or another clans' team cape and the leadership being unwilling to punish for said actions.

And regarding the whole 'clans coming to aid those who bring mains', I assume that would be because of clanning politics. Clan A brings mains, clan A fights clan B. Clan C has beef with clan B, so clan C also kills clan B. The issue is hard to stop, but it should be worked on and attempts made at clearing out the problems rather than letting them go by unchallenged. Even though there's a cancerous mentality among clans, I guarentee when talking to any clan leader individually (no clan politics involved) they will all prefer to have no mains in the fights.

12 minutes ago, puppyslush said:

Absolutely, because I know the value I put into creating features for the site far exceeds the $30-50 a month in google ads I get monthly. The market rate for typical site features like those on Sharkbrew go for around $500-$1,000. More if I am keeping them updated. Moreover I host clanning forums for a relatively low fee of around $18 a month while giving them the security support that rivals commercially available 3 figure solutions. Go ask clans who host themselves- how much it cost to harden the forums against DDOS attacks.

Promoting mains isn't good for the community?! Holy smokes why is everyone bringing them then? Seems like clan leaders decided that mains are good and Sharkbrew shouldn't get involved right

?????

You choose your ranks, stop acting as though you don’t have any responsibility. Having someone like that, promoting cancerous use of mains, in a position of power on your forums is your responsibility. 

2 hours ago, Murd said:

To be fair, if we're going to have community-wide meetings again it should be hosted and dealt with by more certified people than the likes of holydreams (like the last one that occurred) or tyen where it became a bit of a joke, btw no flame to either of them because they did try at least!

And again, I agree the biggest issue is/will be getting clan leaders to take part and support. The challenge I see with this is the individuals who represent a clan as a member who are known raggers (cubie, swag of tank, tannie, etc and I know there's people in every clan who do) who would, despite their clan having the no main mentality, snipe with a number of tanks with either their own or another clans' team cape and the leadership being unwilling to punish for said actions.

And regarding the whole 'clans coming to aid those who bring mains', I assume that would be because of clanning politics. Clan A brings mains, clan A fights clan B. Clan C has beef with clan B, so clan C also kills clan B. The issue is hard to stop, but it should be worked on and attempts made at clearing out the problems rather than letting them go by unchallenged. Even though there's a cancerous mentality among clans, I guarentee when talking to any clan leader individually (no clan politics involved) they will all prefer to have no mains in the fights.

We would be down to support any initiative, but it has to come from the clan ambassadors themselves. Talking is easy but actually doing it is whole dif ball game

2 hours ago, Pigwrestler7 said:

?????

You choose your ranks, stop acting as though you don’t have any responsibility. Having someone like that, promoting cancerous use of mains, in a position of power on your forums is your responsibility. 

And this site is suppose to be representative of the pure community correct? The same pure community where every clan bring mains to the wilderness fight?

Scroll up and see my points to Murd. You can't possibly expect me to set standards where you yourself don't follow them. Sharkbrew is not some convenient paper target where you can throw your own deficiencies onto us.

2 hours ago, puppyslush said:

We would be down to support any initiative, but it has to come from the clan ambassadors themselves. Talking is easy but actually doing it is whole dif ball game

And this site is suppose to be representative of the pure community correct? The same pure community where every clan bring mains to the wilderness fight?

Scroll up and see my points to Murd. You can't possibly expect me to set standards where you yourself don't follow them. Sharkbrew is not some convenient paper target where you can throw your own deficiencies onto us.

What kind of a fucking excuse is that? How is someone that threatens to bring mains representative of the pure community? That’s contradictory in its own right.

Yeah sure feel free to have some retards in your staff team that have some outrageous beliefs but to have individuals that literally represent the antithesis of the community that they’re in is the dumbest fucking thing ever.

2 minutes ago, Pigwrestler7 said:

What kind of a fucking excuse is that? How is someone that threatens to bring mains representative of the pure community? That’s contradictory in its own right.

Yeah sure feel free to have some retards in your staff team that have some outrageous beliefs but to have individuals that literally represent the antithesis of the community that they’re in is the dumbest fucking thing ever.

Correction:

How is someone that threatens to bring mains representative of the pure community that routinely bring mains to suit their own conveniences?

Am I defending his actions? Absolutely not. I would demote crafted in a blink of an eye 6-12 months ago, but considering the hypocritical nature of the community, forgive me I am less than enthused or if I am apathetic to this situation. You guys sleep in the bed you made.

17 minutes ago, puppyslush said:

Correction:

Am I defending his actions? Absolutely not. I would demote crafted in a blink of an eye 6-12 months ago, but considering the hypocritical nature of the community, forgive me I am less than enthused or if I am apathetic to this situation. You guys sleep in the bed you made.

What are you talking about? You’re generalising and suggesting the entire community is toxic lmfao. “You guys”, referring to the minority, and is clearly not what the majority of the pure community wants. You’ve got Supremacy who initiated because they were losing a rivalry, and IR who are retaliating because they can. Where is this idea that there is some sort of main epidemic at the moment? If you’re in a pure community and think it necessary to bring mains then you don’t deserve to be in that community. 

Tl:dr the pure community DOES NOT and SHOULD NOT bring mains, only a few within it actively support and do that 

1 hour ago, Pigwrestler7 said:

What are you talking about? You’re generalising and suggesting the entire community is toxic lmfao. “You guys”, referring to the minority, and is clearly not what the majority of the pure community wants. You’ve got Supremacy who initiated because they were losing a rivalry, and IR who are retaliating because they can. Where is this idea that there is some sort of main epidemic at the moment? If you’re in a pure community and think it necessary to bring mains then you don’t deserve to be in that community. 

Tl:dr the pure community DOES NOT and SHOULD NOT bring mains, only a few within it actively support and do that 

image.png.89585267a23fcddd1d84e8c9747238eb.png

image.png.4630f6d9fcd5118cb61536228ac6255b.png

Very bold words spoken without substance. The above 2 screenshots are lifted from 2 weekend videos(not from sup or IR). I am sure the community doesn't want mains but what happens when push comes to shove? When you are down opts or losing a rivalry? Out come the mains.

27 minutes ago, puppyslush said:

image.png.89585267a23fcddd1d84e8c9747238eb.png

image.png.4630f6d9fcd5118cb61536228ac6255b.png

Very bold words spoken without substance. The above 2 screenshots are lifted from 2 weekend videos(not from sup or IR). I am sure the community doesn't want mains but what happens when push comes to shove? When you are down opts or losing a rivalry? Out come the mains.

Without substance? To try and argue that even 1/4 of the pure community would be in support of this mentality win or lose would be ludicrous.

You haven’t proven anything with the above pictures, the top one has a dude in mith (I.e. well with his rights atm, unfortunately..), and there’s literally only one main in the latter pic.

Cherry picking specific fights from a Saturday trip doesn’t prove anything - did you watch today’s trip? There were next to no mains there at all.

2 hours ago, Pigwrestler7 said:

Without substance? To try and argue that even 1/4 of the pure community would be in support of this mentality win or lose would be ludicrous.

You haven’t proven anything with the above pictures, the top one has a dude in mith (I.e. well with his rights atm, unfortunately..), and there’s literally only one main in the latter pic.

Cherry picking specific fights from a Saturday trip doesn’t prove anything - did you watch today’s trip? There were next to no mains there at all.

I took those from last saturday trip topics. And yes top dude is indeed in rune, I just shaded out the cape to avoid bringing the clan name into argument.

8 hours ago, puppyslush said:

Correction:

I have never seen a main / main team geared as Misfits, Apex, or Fatality member. It seems to be those with rivalries use mains consistently once they're introduced to the rivalry, i.e. Foe vs EoP, IR vs Sup. This 4 teams are 100% guilty of BRINGING MAINS WITH THE INTENT OF USING THEM TO FIGHT FOR/AS THEIR PURE TEAM. When the non-main using clans have to fight teams with half as many mains as we have pures, plus their own pures, it's not fair or right. Denial and saying "you guys bring them don't be hypocrites" isn't fair to all of us. That's all I wanted to say. There are people affected by them that have done, and do nothing wrong/to support them.

8 hours ago, RNG said:

I have never seen a main / main team geared as Misfits, Apex, or Fatality member. It seems to be those with rivalries use mains consistently once they're introduced to the rivalry, i.e. Foe vs EoP, IR vs Sup. This 4 teams are 100% guilty of BRINGING MAINS WITH THE INTENT OF USING THEM TO FIGHT FOR/AS THEIR PURE TEAM. When the non-main using clans have to fight teams with half as many mains as we have pures, plus their own pures, it's not fair or right. Denial and saying "you guys bring them don't be hypocrites" isn't fair to all of us. That's all I wanted to say. There are people affected by them that have done, and do nothing wrong/to support them.

Which is also an extension of my other point that I made to Murd, whats the point of Sharkbrew taking punitive measures on clans or individuals for main bringing when even if your own clan doesn't bring mains, you still ally or team with clans that do? If there was a community boycott against supremacy tomorrow- I can guarantee you they would drop the mains in an instant.

14 hours ago, puppyslush said:

Which is also an extension of my other point that I made to Murd, whats the point of Sharkbrew taking punitive measures on clans or individuals for main bringing when even if your own clan doesn't bring mains, you still ally or team with clans that do? If there was a community boycott against supremacy tomorrow- I can guarantee you they would drop the mains in an instant.

The 30% can't starve the 70%. Let's be honest, those are 4 out 5 of the highest pulling clans. We can't boycott it if every major opponent is participating. I am not putting any blame whatsoever on you or sharkbrew.com, I am just saying if you wanted to even act like you're attempting to help, you could with ease by letting a rank in SB help. Fatality, Apex, Misfits, Siege, and Vendetta are the innocent clans, and let's be honest those 5 clans don't have "allies". I know you think we're contributing to the problem, but we don't support it, and it's just not true. We have to tolerate it because no one of greater power is taking action. Would anyone give a fuck if Misfits said "We're not prepping or fighting any teams that use mains, we will starve ourselves to death if we have too!"? No. Would Any of the 4 problematic clans stop using mains to compete with their rivals because Misfits said too? No. What if they got put in their place in our public meeting/talking place?-- Sharkbrew.com. What if big figures from these clans were disciplined/punished for their actions and held accountable to them?

People would say "Wow I can't be in COTM, or have a rank on SB, or get away with bringing mains anymore, because they report all our main activity on SB. I can't say we beat so and so matched anymore, because the 20 mains we had got reported to Sharkbrew. Man I can't lie about our clan slumping and our numbers on the weekends anymore, because I will be put in my place on Sharkbrew." If you're on SB and a big fan of the pure community, their's only 3 reasons you would leave--

1) A big community wide problem that's not being addressed you want to protest.

2) You are embarrassed because of losing, low pull, being bullied etc, and don't want to show your face.

3) You are banned from SB and still go to the site every day to at least read about it.

Reason 1 has happened before, and will always happen. But as a good moderator/host you will always at least try to resolve these issues-- (like this one).

Reason 2 will happen much more frequently assuming clans are publicly held accountable / laughed at for using mains, which in turn teaches them hey, if I fight fair I can go back on SB where I like to be and I can't get flamed for shit!

Reason 3 would happen to egotistical members who ignore rules put in place, and they too would likely learn, okay, I guess I really can't use mains anymore because it got me banned from SB, and I really like being on SB.

Point being with the reasons-- 2 & 3 are normally temporary, as a form of formal/informal punishment. These people will return after learning a lesson. Reason 1 however, is much harder to fix when it happens. Like lets say you do nothing about mains and allow these clans to falsify their pulls and wins/losses. That is not okay. We don't take time to go out, make our honest topics, just to be blown over by lying number inflating clans trying to seem better then their rival. If someone posts any form of proof they had mains there, their topic could easily be deleted, or marked with a MAINS PRESENT marker, and they would have 0 glory. If I have to keep seeing these clan's topics completely ignoring their own use of mains, I'm not going to spend time reading horseshit lol, I'd be leaving for reason 1.

WHICH BRINGS US BACK TO THE BEGINNING, YOU COULD AT LEAST ATTEMPT OR HAVE A STAFF MEMBER ATTEMPT TO FIX IT. IT'S NOT YOUR FAULT BUT WE NEED YOUR HELP.

9 hours ago, RNG said:

The 30% can't starve the 70%. Let's be honest, those are 4 out 5 of the highest pulling clans. We can't boycott it if every major opponent is participating. I am not putting any blame whatsoever on you or sharkbrew.com, I am just saying if you wanted to even act like you're attempting to help, you could with ease by letting a rank in SB help. Fatality, Apex, Misfits, Siege, and Vendetta are the innocent clans, and let's be honest those 5 clans don't have "allies". I know you think we're contributing to the problem, but we don't support it, and it's just not true. We have to tolerate it because no one of greater power is taking action. Would anyone give a fuck if Misfits said "We're not prepping or fighting any teams that use mains, we will starve ourselves to death if we have too!"? No. Would Any of the 4 problematic clans stop using mains to compete with their rivals because Misfits said too? No. What if they got put in their place in our public meeting/talking place?-- Sharkbrew.com. What if big figures from these clans were disciplined/punished for their actions and held accountable to them?

People would say "Wow I can't be in COTM, or have a rank on SB, or get away with bringing mains anymore, because they report all our main activity on SB. I can't say we beat so and so matched anymore, because the 20 mains we had got reported to Sharkbrew. Man I can't lie about our clan slumping and our numbers on the weekends anymore, because I will be put in my place on Sharkbrew." If you're on SB and a big fan of the pure community, their's only 3 reasons you would leave--

1) A big community wide problem that's not being addressed you want to protest.

2) You are embarrassed because of losing, low pull, being bullied etc, and don't want to show your face.

3) You are banned from SB and still go to the site every day to at least read about it.

Reason 1 has happened before, and will always happen. But as a good moderator/host you will always at least try to resolve these issues-- (like this one).

Reason 2 will happen much more frequently assuming clans are publicly held accountable / laughed at for using mains, which in turn teaches them hey, if I fight fair I can go back on SB where I like to be and I can't get flamed for shit!

Reason 3 would happen to egotistical members who ignore rules put in place, and they too would likely learn, okay, I guess I really can't use mains anymore because it got me banned from SB, and I really like being on SB.

Point being with the reasons-- 2 & 3 are normally temporary, as a form of formal/informal punishment. These people will return after learning a lesson. Reason 1 however, is much harder to fix when it happens. Like lets say you do nothing about mains and allow these clans to falsify their pulls and wins/losses. That is not okay. We don't take time to go out, make our honest topics, just to be blown over by lying number inflating clans trying to seem better then their rival. If someone posts any form of proof they had mains there, their topic could easily be deleted, or marked with a MAINS PRESENT marker, and they would have 0 glory. If I have to keep seeing these clan's topics completely ignoring their own use of mains, I'm not going to spend time reading horseshit lol, I'd be leaving for reason 1.

WHICH BRINGS US BACK TO THE BEGINNING, YOU COULD AT LEAST ATTEMPT OR HAVE A STAFF MEMBER ATTEMPT TO FIX IT. IT'S NOT YOUR FAULT BUT WE NEED YOUR HELP.

I do appreciate you writing up your concerns. I am not holding anything to you personally, but every single time I try to elevate this issue to the key decision maker in clans, it almost always be met with apathy. Regardless I'll take your concerns and speak to my rank team about it

10 hours ago, puppyslush said:

I do appreciate you writing up your concerns. I am not holding anything to you personally, but every single time I try to elevate this issue to the key decision maker in clans, it almost always be met with apathy. Regardless I'll take your concerns and speak to my rank team about it

Much appreciated.