Do you change your opinions about clans based on clan discussion topics?

nice guy

What are the reasons for clan discussion topics?  Realistically it's all just flaming another clan, why don't we have actual discussions?

lmfao all ur clans suck my ass

Let's change it up a bit instead.  What's your favorite aspect of the clan community?

because it is discussion, you just don't like people opinions

Most of it isn't discussion, it's just the latest propaganda some people have to spew out.

http://www.sharkbrew.com/community/index.php?/topic/7318-who-will-be-victorious/

That's a discussion topic (albeit still tons of flame).  It'd be nice to have an actual discussion topic without heated flame and people's egos flying around.

34b55f5eb24bf7854641ffdf01c1261c.png

na jk

you can't have a community without flame, cant have discussions, because other clans piss others off, claim wins they won this or that. or w/e

I agree, but the RuneScape community (at least for clans) is one of the most toxic things I've taken part in, and unfortunately I've been and still am apart of the toxicity.

Clans flame because they're insecure.

Look at Foe for example they rarely flame and they're undisputed #1.

Foe has actually been very clean since reopening. No drama, no ddos accusations or forum hackings. A little flaming here and there but a lot less than other clans. No mains.

A refreshing change from eop.

Clans flame because they're insecure.

Look at Foe for example they rarely flame and they're undisputed #1.

That's a pretty bold statement

If you're flaming because you're insecure I feel bad for you lol, isn't necessarily always the case. That's just an assumption you're making about a group of people and assumptions are more usually than not ignorant.

OT: I don't mind having civil discussions, they're fun and you can take away a lot from them. And for the topic question, if I have a pre-existing opinion and knowledge on said clan then no not really. I like to have my own opinions.

But when ppl ask for the flame they will be flamed

My favorite part about pure clanning is the hand holding, ass grabbing, cupcake eating friendships that we form when we fight each other and everybody hugs and kisses after the fights and we go on our merry ways.

I love being a part of a group of fucking vaginas, it's awesome.

I find it hard to believe that there are large groups of people on this game that go out in real life and flame people for no reason.  This is RuneScape at a competitive level.  Look at other competitive level games such as League of Legends, you see banter between teams but after a match you don't see a team such as TSM say "lol CLG get fucked you're all fucking orphans".

It's generally just respecting one another.  You don't act like a hard ass in real life so calm the fuck down.

My favorite part about pure clanning is the hand holding, ass grabbing, cupcake eating friendships that we form when we fight each other and everybody hugs and kisses after the fights and we go on our merry ways.

I love being a part of a group of fucking vaginas, it's awesome.

whats that like

I find it hard to believe that there are large groups of people on this game that go out in real life and flame people for no reason.  This is RuneScape at a competitive level.  Look at other competitive level games such as League of Legends, you see banter between teams but after a match you don't see a team such as TSM say "lol CLG get fucked you're all fucking orphans".

Because TSM/CLG are professional league teams with paid sponsorship. They have to adhere to some level of match conduct. No-one is going to sponsor a clan/team who is spews  homoerotic insults after match end.

Until Coca Cola starts sponsoring return sets for a clan, we are free to act however we want. If you think Runescape is any dif, wait till you see those bf4 or age of empire clans. They are equally, if not far worse.

It's generally just respecting one another.  You don't act like a hard ass in real life so calm the fuck down.

Only people without a point reference real life when it's not a relevant point in a conversation. I'll be sure to dismiss everything you say from now on due to the fact you contradicted yourself in a matter of one post, compared RuneScape to League of Legends, and completely misinterpreted my post to the highest extent.

Whoever you are, and where ever you came from... Go back, obviously the internet isn't for you.

Because TSM/CLG are professional league teams with paid sponsorship. They have to adhere to some level of match conduct. No-one is going to sponsor a clan/team who is spews  homoerotic insults after match end.

Until Coca Cola starts sponsoring return sets for a clan, we are free to act however we want. If you think Runescape is any dif, wait till you see those bf4 or age of empire clans. They are equally, if not far worse.

Basically this... One of the few intelligent posts that I've seen in the past 24 hours that isn't just straight flame. Soothing, @@slushpuppy - thank you.

People don't like each other and moderating childish behaviour has no benefits since there is no strict rules to adhere to. If there was stricter rules people would just find ways around it by baiting people and subtly implying brown sticky stuff.