Would you attend a tribrid tournament with prizes?

Nixon

Would you participate in a tribrid tournament?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Would you participate in a tribrid tournament with the following conditions?

• Free entry for established members of Sharkbrew
  • 1 defense gear
  • Point-based system working on Best Of 3 rounds
  • Random pairings until semi-finals
  • 6 gear slot MINIMUM (See picture below)
  • Rewards to be determined, likely items geared towards clanning/a cash reward (TBD) PLUS a signature.

Please keep in mind this is not going to be an "Everybody gets a trophy" tournament. It will be impossible to make it 100% fair for everybody. It will be aimed at the higher echelons of the pure community, 85+ combat preferred due to HPC participation. Depending on how many of you plan on attending, I will adjust the system to make more sense. This is not a sign-up, I'm simply gauging interest.

39 DEF MAX

6 Gear Slot Minimum explained: Below is a typical inventory setup for PKing at graves. As of right now it is undetermined whether there will be a brew limit or not, as too many brews becomes an inconvenience. Focus on the gear - six gear switches minimum will prevent people from using all three attack styles with one setup. We want to encourage bridding, not ragging! A fire cape will be required.

iWTKMgh.png

I have the general bracket and rules set up and ready to go, minus some tweaking depending on the outcome of this poll. Both will be released in a couple days after aforementioned tweaks are made.

have low brew limit, but i dont quite understand "six gear switches minimum will prevent people from using all three attack styles with one setup"  also a firecape should not be required 

I don't want some broccoli showing up in full ghostly with an Ava's and MSB chucking barrages and firing off his MSB without changing his gear. Additionally, one of the ways to gain points will be dropping a melee spec against your opponent without their melee pray up, and it's pretty hard to judge when they don't have a fire cape. Regardless, good feedback, the more the better.

I don't want some broccoli showing up in full ghostly with an Ava's and MSB chucking barrages and firing off his MSB without changing his gear. Additionally, one of the ways to gain points will be dropping a melee spec against your opponent without their melee pray up, and it's pretty hard to judge when they don't have a fire cape. Regardless, good feedback, the more the better.

Just require everyone to have the same weapons, ancient staff, rcb, dds. Also why a point system? Invy checks to make sure exact same then dm

Edit: Checking same invys would be very easy if you decided to have the dms in duel arena

I don't think you quite understand the difference between someone with 1 def using brews and someone with 39...

I get what you're saying, but if you look at my poll regarding combat levels, the overwhelming majority are 30 defense.

I get what you're saying, but if you look at my poll regarding combat levels, the overwhelming majority are 30 defense.

As long as I can attend on my Primal pure then idc. There's 1 def accounts that are made to pk and hybrid, not brown sticky stuffty 39 def accounts made to clan. Make 2 brackets if nothing else.