Clan Wars & Exilent Client

Remy

** Just a little note for you, this topic isn't directed towards any clan and isn't meant to start flame but I'm just curious what you guys think.

Is the Exilent client "too good"?

-- Marks a dot in game on whoever the listed caller is attacking.

-- Shows you where your caller is in game.

-- Enemy callers account's show up in red in-game resulting in them permanently being sniped and camped.

-- Shows where on the map/in-game people are binded and a timer for when the bind is over.

-- Automatically spams who you are attacking in game.

-- Shows how many scims/bows the enemy clan is using in game.

In my opinion it kinda makes prepping really easy and less competitive.

F2P is already easy as it is so having this client kinda defeats the purpose of communication and organization. 

Obviously there's no way of monitoring who is using it but yeah.

Once again, I'm not trying to come at anyone for utilizing it and taking advantage of a public client that anyone can use, but at some point is it ever too much?

I think it's a cheat code. You can know a whole clans caller list. Kill 4 callers and practically win. I love it for PKING as it shows you the single and multi lines, whos praying what and such but for preps I think the only feature thats op is the snipe list/caller list where you can see the enemies callers and see exactly who your caller is hitting

Honestly pretty disgusting to watch

Similar to having like an aimbot or wallhacks in CSGO, yea its open to anyone to use but its still cheating and the developers have consequences in place if you get caught.

Difference in osrs is that there is no real incentive to regulate it since the game doesn't revolve around 30v30 clan wars.

You shouldn't be able to gain an unfair advantage like this from a 3rd party client, but with how osrs is w/ all the borderline cheat clients, Konduit, Osbuddy etc, it's just the way it is and it doesn't make a clan unbeatable.

however i still really think it would be a great thing if winnetou just got rid of the features that make clan wars easier, but doubt he really cares as he's making money off it and can do so.

tbh only good for f2p preps and weekend trips for multi lines and freeze timers. But when it comes to f2p preps it is really strong. It basically makes anything less than 40v40 not a prep. If you honestly think it's fair then that's you're own opinion. Just because anyone can use it doesn't mean you should. tbh one day winnetou will quit this game or decide he wants to screw everyone over. Nothing this good lasts forever.

I'm not saying it's not fair game.

I'm just asking if you think it makes the game less competitive and less fun

You shouldn't be able to gain an unfair advantage like this from a 3rd party client, but with how osrs is w/ all the borderline cheat clients, Konduit, Osbuddy etc, it's just the way it is and it doesn't make a clan unbeatable.

however i still really think it would be a great thing if winnetou just got rid of the features that make clan wars easier, but doubt he really cares as he's making money off it and can do so.

The only people here to blame is the apparent collusion between jacmob and jagex

Back in 2010-2011, Jagex made a big hooha about swiftswitch. Fast forward today, Jagex basically implicitly supports osbuddy by not updating their own client so that OSbuddy has an niche in the market. In the meantime, they stopped enforcing the 3rd party client rule.

Additionally, despite all the investment into the clusterflutter/bot busting update, the osrs gamepack didn't have the same level of protection as before, presumably to make it easier for OSbuddy to hook onto updates.

This is one of the reason why we seen a wealth of 3rd party clients because the entry points in gamepacks are so easy to decipher now.

Why shouldn't winnetou or anyone else take advantage of it?

Honestly pretty disgusting to watch

Similar to having like an aimbot or wallhacks in CSGO, yea its open to anyone to use but its still cheating and the developers have consequences in place if you get caught.

Difference in osrs is that there is no real incentive to regulate it since the game doesn't revolve around 30v30 clan wars.

basically this