Your Runescape Reputation

Sith-

Why do certain people want to maintain a Runescape reputation? Most of it is in the LPC scene (minus trauma and outbreak) or the lower ranking clans, or occasionally a new rank of a old clan that will try to act cool when in reality they had nothing to do with getting the clan they rep anywhere... What I am getting at is why do you care if you lose a prep, lose a Pkri in the Wildy, lose a mini? Does it really matter in the end of the day? If you were to walk out of this small community of Pures on the small community of the Oldschool sector of the dying game of Runescape and say to a girl, I am a leader of a Runescape clan they are likely to laugh at you. You are not cool for playing Runescape, so why do you try to act like you are?

As a fellow nerd, (which anyone reading this would be one) I can say that at least I don't care if we win or lose. We have prepped the #1 matched clan more times than anyone, losing every one, sometimes 2-1 sometimes 3-0, but either way were doing it. Along with that we have declined zero preps from anyone, and we have gotten better by doing it. The reason being is we want to have fun on the game of Runescape, not try to prove something to some kid that spends his life trying to figure out how to hack someone because he is mad about Runescape.

So my question to the LPC community, The lower tier clans (The ones that just don't seem to prep anybody), and to those new ranks of older clans who seem to only prep certain clans in fear of losing is why do you care about what the nerdiest people in the world think about you? No one thinks you are cool for playing runescape. So can you please step up and actually enjoy the game and feel free to lose every time, because losing is better than spending your life on a game doing nothing. Trust me you look worse as a clan doing zero events than you do if you lose 100 events, because at least your noticed.. Which is what you want right?

A lot of people weren't known for "achieving" anything pre-eoc so they feel as if they have to try overcompensate to be idk.. remembered? A lot of people forget it's a game as well as the internet and this brown sticky stuff really doesn't matter irl, you may be able to gain several positives from clanning on rs such as developing social skills and brown sticky stuff (if you're that socially awkward.. looking at you @@ultama ) but for the most part your online rep won't really count towards your irl at all lol

perhaps they're trying to be worthy of something important and acting relevant online because they have a bad life irl

who knows 

I get what you mean, but this can be answered with a simple sentence. Because people want to win. It's more fun to win, and therefore some clans/people will literally do anything to win (yes even act as twelve year old gangsters on forums and ingame).

I remember Bob's post when Epidemic closed as a top pure clan. The title was: What are we fighting for? You're fighting to have fun. But is it really fun to flame someone over Runescape? To hack, scam, ddos and bring mains? What if you're at the top and no-honour tactics increase, making you have less and less fun? Why continue playing if your fun is degrading? I believe that on the end of the day most of us feel silly for taking a game so serious. When we were little - and pretty much innocent - we all seemed to have more fun. There were almost always clean fights, but still intense rivalries without ddosing and what not. Sure it did happen once in a while. But now it happens daily. Partly because we've grown older, with less worlds to pk in. The list goes on and on..

On the subject of mini's and preps: To become the best you have to beat the best, simple as that. So yeah: I do encourage clans to take on that clan you look up to :)!

Edit: I do know there are a lot of people that genuinely enjoy flaming others because it makes them feel superior and more manly/tough (lol).

Edited by Sandra

I get what you mean, but this can be answered with a simple sentence. Because people want to win. It's more fun to win, and therefore some clans/people will literally do anything to win (yes even act as twelve year old gangsters on forums).

I remember Bob's post when Epidemic closed as a top pure clan. The title was: What are we fighting for? You're fighting to have fun. But is it really fun to flame someone over Runescape? To hack, scam, ddos and bring mains? I believe that on the end of the day most of us feel silly for taking a game so serious. When we were little - and prety much innocent - we all seemed to have more fun. There were almost always clean fights, but still intense rivalries without ddosing and what not. Sure it did probabaly happen once in a while. But now it happens daily. Partly because we've grown older, with less worlds to pk in. The list goes on and on..

see this is the right mentality brown sticky stufflord only prep and fight if u can win for sure in the end ur rep all u got and writing this bringing ur rep down my man

A lot of people weren't known for "achieving" anything pre-eoc so they feel as if they have to try overcompensate to be idk.. remembered? A lot of people forget it's a game as well as the internet and this brown sticky stuff really doesn't matter irl, you may be able to gain several positives from clanning on rs such as developing social skills and brown sticky stuff (if you're that socially awkward.. looking at you @@ultama ) but for the most part your online rep won't really count towards your irl at all lol

perhaps they're trying to be worthy of something important and acting relevant online because they have a bad life irl

who knows 

you suck and will never achieve anything other than being capable of playing your PC games with one arm.

Decent discussion topic if people don't just troll.

Some clans just have egotistical leaders as overarching figureheads ,and if there's no other rank who can be a solid voice of reason the clan's going to be reluctant to take on serious challenges as it might damage the appearance of the clan if it goes tits up. 

It really does amaze me how huge some people's egos can get on this game, lol.