ingame banter vs irl banter

Josh

The only salvation WAS Sharkbrew, a community site for all clans to come together, but it seems that backfired big time. It's not going how it's suppose to be going, they can't seem to control this community and just went along with it. 

Usually I enjoy your posts and 90% of the time you're correct but this post really grind my gears that I'm holding myself back from tearing you a new asshole. 

Sharkbrew can't control this community? They never wanted to control the community, they wanted to amplify the tension between clans to make the forum more active. In fact sharkbrew love it when clans ddos/hack each other , the whole purpose of this site is to flame the clan you beat/are beating in a rivalry.

This isn't a place to congregate about clan politics.

Whoever you are, you're one of few that actually understand to a degree as to what WE'RE REALLY HERE FOR.

Majority of our moderators, including myself may seem we 'lack' or let too much go but for me, personally, I hate it when people circle jerk each other off within the community. I remember when Pure Warfare died and there were no real actually competitive website where clans could go at each other and begin a rivalry just over some good old brown sticky stuff talking, instead we had clans like Fatality and Eruption of Pures TEAMING, yes I said TEAMING against clans (primarily MM) - any newbundle of twigs EOP member can quote me and try to tell me otherwise but I remember the days of you guys jerking each other off of how good your fights were until MM shoved their big dicks into play. When Clan Warfare opened up from the Fatality members, I was quite amused and impressed by the balls that they think they could lead half the website that we are today. Reading their admin boards of how they wanted a friendly community while seeing members of community thanking each other for fights, without a doubt someone will tell me flaming is cancerous or 'ruining' the community but how the fuck else do we survive? leave someone permanently at #1,#2,#3 etc without any change or movement within the food chan? hell no, that makes the community a bunch of girls.

I may be having a semi-rant right here but without sharkbrew, majority of clans these days wouldn't have the excitement of fighting each other in a rivalry, everyone would be keeping to themselves to their own clan and having no in-sight to other clans behaviour (hence why Sharkbrew opens this up for other members)

tl;dr thank sharkbrew for everything, im god.

you are clearly directing this at SV so why not just mention them

Majority of our moderators, including myself may seem we 'lack' or let too much go but for me, personally, I hate it when people circle jerk each other off within the community. I remember when Pure Warfare died and there were no real actually competitive website where clans could go at each other and begin a rivalry just over some good old brown sticky stuff talking, instead we had clans like Fatality and Eruption of Pures TEAMING, yes I said TEAMING against clans (primarily MM) - any newbundle of twigs EOP member can quote me and try to tell me otherwise but I remember the days of you guys jerking each other off of how good your fights were until MM shoved their big dicks into play. When Clan Warfare opened up from the Fatality members, I was quite amused and impressed by the balls that they think they could lead half the website that we are today. Reading their admin boards of how they wanted a friendly community while seeing members of community thanking each other for fights, without a doubt someone will tell me flaming is cancerous or 'ruining' the community but how the fuck else do we survive? leave someone permanently at #1,#2,#3 etc without any change or movement within the food chan? hell no, that makes the community a bunch of girls.

I may be having a semi-rant right here but without sharkbrew, majority of clans these days wouldn't have the excitement of fighting each other in a rivalry, everyone would be keeping to themselves to their own clan and having no in-sight to other clans behaviour (hence why Sharkbrew opens this up for other members)

tl;dr thank sharkbrew for everything, im god.

Yeah to piggyback off this I feel SB's existence isn't to control or politicalize the pure community so much as it is to facilitate and incubate its continual existence. Rivalries are sharkbrewed from posts on here and clans are literally defined and ranked based solely on weekend topics and the personas representing the clans (what do you think of when you think of RD, Sith and co's post on here right?).

Part of both the appeal and peoples deterrence from SB is the flaming and the lenience but at the same time having a place to facilitate rivalries and chaos is also incredibly healthy for the continual survival of the pure world.The reason v9000 of warfare didn't work among other things is because there was very little tension between clans due to the smallest bit of rivalry/flaming would be shut down in an instant. Imagine how dead the PC would be if every clan got along lol.

Realize that i'm not trying to glorify mm and i complete agree with you cause they used nh tactics as well im talking about when they booted members who were hacking ddosing back in 09 or 08. they even made a public apology on pure warfare about it. Im sure they later succumbed to the other nh tactics such as ddosing and bringing mains as you said. My point of the post wasn't glorifying one clan, just using them as an example of one good thing for the community.

They didn't boot 13th r4nger when he hacked Solo K1ng

tl'dr everyone does it and really you can't stop something nh in a setting surrounded by anonymity. There really is no way from an outside source you are able to change a clan and how they feel is the right way to deal with things.

And honestly if people spend all their time brown sticky stuff talking online, it becomes quite amusing when someone does something back to them

Half this thread is actual discussion and the other half is nimrods posting cats.

The average age of the standard runescape clanner isn't enough to harbor maturity and responsibility. Nothing will change as the brevity of a players actions is beyond them; a majority of the players simply lack the intelligence or grasp the concept of mutual respect for another human being.

When Clan Warfare opened up from the Fatality members, I was quite amused and impressed by the balls that they think they could lead half the website that we are today. Reading their admin boards of how they wanted a friendly community while seeing members of community thanking each other for fights,

It was also due to the fact that any anti-FI/FI-BFF content was heavily moderated.

Half this thread is actual discussion and the other half is nimrods posting cats.

The average age of the standard runescape clanner isn't enough to harbor maturity and responsibility. Nothing will change as the brevity of a players actions is beyond them; a majority of the players simply lack the intelligence or grasp the concept of mutual respect for another human being.

You're permed. 

Flaming my cats. 

It was also due to the fact that any anti-FI/FI-BFF content was heavily moderated.

Sv was banned even before the hacking just for anti-fi. when cp-eop-rd would flame or bait fi they would get banned, but anything posted by fi or flame comments by them were just kept up or slightly edited, no bans for them lmao