Regarding COTM/WCOTM GFX

موني

My 2 cents on this.

Sure, you don't make a lot of money with this as much as you would with providing services to others but half of you that post on here are semi/largely active on here. You actively use the community and expect things from it but never want to give something in return. Esp. the first page I see those retards using award graphics from SB in their signatures but got a problem with how its made? Really fucking ethical people. It takes what a few hours to do 1 award graphic that will be repeatedly used until it becomes old. & yes you do get rewards from it, not just by the high-ranks recommending you but in other ways too.

I did a few free graphics work here and there for people (first times), spreading some of my work around, and soon people started to contact me, and now I get atleast 3-4 people contacting me a week for some graphics work - the point is I'm very active with this and the word gets spread quickly. I even tell them to seek other options too such as @@Maxx and @@CalumGFX and if you think I'm lying go ask pretty much most LPC ranks e.g. Axis, Impact, Vanquish, Fallen, Invictus - I tell them to check out other artists before they take my services so they have various options. You don't get contacted that much anymore because you aren't active anymore or very expensive for not a lot of work, I'll elaborate. Not everyone will remember you do graphics after some time esp. if you dont have any show-off/recent work topics, so expecting to get more work is difficult. & in terms of being expensive, I was talking to an LPC rank (cant remember which one) but apprantly Calum offered $120 for a forum revamp and graphics package. Thats extreme dude, esp. knowing that the headers and bars get changed to some background image and the entire thing takes 1-2 hours max. You're expecting too much for too little esp. considering how much you use this community.

@@Moni

Get someone good to do it for $10-20 and I'll pay half alongside someone else - make sure you get PSD file too.

yes ofc those arent the "actual" layers but you can see from them how it works 

text

motion blur

text

and it kinda "reveals the way he's doing it"

Anybody with a small brain can realise that, now I have yet to see you do it and make it look good.

And that doesn't makena difference to the part he doesn't want to share it publicly.

I did like every clans GFX when I wanted to be active in this community both RSPS / OSRS, and you can't even spell sythe, so how would you know how many customers I've had there lmao.

I still get weekly PM's for clans even though I don't try at all or advertise here.

Do my fucking Gfx I've been asking for like a week damnit

To address all the comments posted above, 

I don't see any issue notifying the SharkBrew team a month in advance informing them I won't be continuing the awards. 

Don't doubt that creating the awards might have possibly increased interest towards my store, but I simply don't believe it's been as 'beneficial' as it might appear. 

To put in perspective, I've achieved over 100K views onto my website according to analytics. On further study, it appeared less than 3% was directed from SharkBrew. 

Obviously, I appreciated the terms for the promotion via the topic on the basis of the graphics provided. 

& yes, Slushpuppy has been directing his customers of hosting towards my service, as of late. Same goes when someone asks regarding IPB, directing them towards Slushpuppy. (If it's a noticeable difference? probably not)

None-the-less, I'm thankful. 

Funny because 90â„… of his work comes through the fact he does the gfx for sb. We always recommend him. He's made from my clan alone over 50 bucks for simple ass gfx lmao

Don't find this professional, and even accurate at all. Honestly, if you consider my work 'simply ass gfx' then I'd advise against using my service for the near future. Perhaps look towards using other designers from the community. 

If the client wasn't happy with the original work, then a request should have been placed in the 'revision' stages of the order. 

We provide a lot of benefits with doing them but that's between us and the gfxer

No comment. 

or you can get paid $30-50 for a 10 min color/background image change job template.

Lastly we actually paid for the COTM & WCOTM sigs. Calum insisted on doing 1 every month instead of handing us the raw files and letting the SB staff modify it ourselves

Each forum project can exceed roughly 8-12 hours of work. At $50, it's extremely lower than any of my standard pricing. 

Proposing it's a '10 min' job, I am happy to pay you to do it at that rate, or hire you. 

With regards to payment. Simply addressing it without revealing figures. 

As far as am aware to my records; I've received a payment for WCOTM, Banner and divider. I don't have any records for last year so wouldn't be able to confirm any payment on the cotm. 

- Regards to providing PSD.

No project I do, comes with the PSD as standard, unless it's agreed prior to the order. 

Simply not going to provide SB with a PSD of work I've created for it to be shared amongst other designers/team. 

WCOTM (8 months? -2-3 hours/month)

Banner

Divider

I don't think I've ever been paid for the following and was expected to create. 

Legion award

COTM (12 months straight - 1-2 hours/month) 

Tournament winners (2015)

SharkBrew TS icons

Rank recolour icons

Re-designed the wcotm award

As a note. I think anyone consider the placement should ensure that the staff handling the system improve before-hand. 

To slushpuppy, your staff are very nonprofessional, impolite, and honestly in most cases, rude. 

Each month, I'd get blunt message requesting gfx. With no regard of manors or any help providing colour schemes, or spam pictures.

(I'd need to go look for them each time, * roughly 16+ good images/month - an hour or so)

2a94993a60f58615c4933d503bafba19.png

Some system

I would like to note, thanks to @@Braden and @@Kim for the support and actual assistance with the awards when they did it. 

Also big thanks to Braden for the tips he made on the awards (out of his own pocket I believe). 

To address all the comments posted above,

I don't see any issue notifying the SharkBrew team a month in advance informing them I won't be continuing the awards.

Don't doubt that creating the awards might have possibly increased interest towards my store, but I simply don't believe it's been as 'beneficial' as it might appear.

To put in perspective, I've achieved over 100K views onto my website according to analytics. On further study, it appeared less than 3% was directed from SharkBrew.

Obviously, I appreciated the terms for the promotion via the topic on the basis of the graphics provided.

& yes, Slushpuppy has been directing his customers of hosting towards my service, as of late. Same goes when someone asks regarding IPB, directing them towards Slushpuppy. (If it's a noticeable difference? probably not)

Don't find this professional, and even accurate at all. Honestly, if you consider my work 'simply ass gfx' then I'd advise against using my service for the near future. Perhaps look towards using other designers from the community.

If the client wasn't happy with the original work, then a request should have been placed in the 'revision' stages of the order.

No comment.

Each forum project can exceed roughly 8-12 hours of work. At $50, it's extremely lower than any of my standard pricing.

Proposing it's a '10 min' job, I am happy to pay you to do it at that rate, or hire you.

With regards to payment. Simply addressing it without revealing figures.

As far as am aware to my records; I've received a payment for WCOTM, Banner and divider. I don't have any records for last year so wouldn't be able to confirm any payment on the cotm.

No project I do, comes with the PSD as standard, unless it's agreed prior to the order.

Simply not going to provide SB with a PSD of work I've created for it to be shared amongst other designers/team.

WCOTM (8 months? -2-3 hours/month)

Banner

Divider

Legion award

SharkBrew TS icons

Rank recolour icons

As a note. I think anyone consider the placement should ensure that the staff handling the system improve before-hand.

To slushpuppy, your staff are very nonprofessional, impolite, and honestly in most cases, rude.

Each month, I'd get blunt message requesting gfx. With no regard of manors or any help providing colour schemes, or spam pictures.

(I'd need to go look for them each time, * roughly 16+ good images/month - an hour or so)

2a94993a60f58615c4933d503bafba19.png

Some system

I would like to note, thanks to @@Braden and @@Kim for the support and actual assistance with the awards when they did it.

Also big thanks to Braden for the tips he made on the awards (out of his own pocket I believe).

Might I remind you that it was you yourself who PM'd me back in 2015 asking for assistance to get your GFX shop off the ground.

Jul 29 18:27:28 <Calum>    Not really, the community isnt that big

Jul 29 18:27:37 <Calum>    All the people I've heard of

Jul 29 18:27:41 <Calum>    have already posted shops

Jul 29 18:29:09 <slushpuppy>    mmk

Jul 29 18:29:23 <slushpuppy>    but they don't get much visibility per se

Jul 29 18:29:40 <Calum>    per se?

Jul 29 18:31:18 <slushpuppy>    by themselves

Jul 29 18:31:41 <Calum>    Yeah it's very difficult to advertise my work to the community

Jul 29 18:31:47 <Calum>    that's why I like your site

Jul 29 18:31:52 <Calum>    it connects everyone together

Jul 29 18:31:53 <Calum>     :)

Indeed there are not many, but those clans who purchased your GFX & my hosting generally tend to be one of the longer lasting ones, so win-win for both of us.

I am not sure how does this take 8 hours:

http://eop-rs.org/community/

It's basically black/red shading with an rs picture.

Some of the clan sites I hosted and GFX'd by you got their forum skin up within a day, including the hooks and applications. They were pretty basic but the ranks were happy about it since they didn't really care too much about fancy GFX and wanted to get the forums up ASAP.

I don't think you should even get defensive anyway, for $30, the max anyone should spend their time is 1 hr or even 30 mins. Going market rate for irl GFXers is around 45-100 phr.

I thought it was font licensing?

eDbrULZ.png

Legion award

SharkBrew TS icons

Rank recolour icons

Well for most part, all of those could have been prevented if you just gave us the .psd

I liked the original WCOTM sig.. you took it upon yourself to redesign it based on some feedback by broccolied clan members

All this would have been solved if you sent me 1 PM and I would have KYP'd my ranks instead of bitching to everyone else except the dude who could have solved your problem.

Anyway photoshop has a way to export layers as 1 single image layer that we would then be able to just insert the clan name while denying any1 from being able to use your design for other purposes

Regardless, I appreciate your contributions for this 1 yr+ and I sorta knew that you were just using this site as a spring board after you kick started your GFX shop.

However, I wouldn't have anticipated you smearing me and my ranks to garner all the credit for yourself.