What was your favourite year for clanning?

Braden

Personally 2011 was my favourite year for clanning.

Activity was great, clans legit fought and was just before majority of the community became cancerous. 

Late 2012 brought lols with summoning/chaotics/brown sticky stuffty servers dcing but was really really frustrating some days.

Its really difficult to decide one year in particular, I have a few that each have their own factors that made it fun.

1.) 2005 - Was just so enjoyable as pures seemed to explode in popularity at this time. Clans didn't really have 'trips' but rather were more like groups of actual friends who PK'ed together at castle etc, almost solely in P2P until later on.  Not to mention, Mauls and Whips had just come out, with the bugged maximum or 0 spec hits, which is probably the most fun i've had in the wilderness.

2.) 2007- 30ish clans on the RAW list, packed wilderness, fairly decent 'honor' system that clans stuck to. Fairly tight knit community with clans with their own distinct personalities. Epic wildy fights almost daily if they were wanted. The clanning community was snowballing and growing bigger and bigger each day, until the wildy was removed which put a downer on it. 

3.) 2009 -  Started in 2009, but went into 2010. In my opinion the absolute pinnacle of competitive clan warring with the introduction of pvp worlds. The pure community was finally getting back on track after BH Craters and PCL era, and almost every clan could theoretically compete with each other, which meant fights and rivalries were really exciting and interesting.

4.) Pre EOC 2012'ish was pretty fun too in that the pure community was changing alot with 30 def becoming pretty normal. Lots of fun for what it was but realistically even at the time everyone realised the glory days were over.

Seems like peak years comes in waves, every 2 years by the looks of things.

To put an actual decisive answer out there, gotta be 2009 which extended a little bit into '10.

I would agree with IVP about the 2009-2010 part

If I had to pick one single year though, it would be 2009

Most of it will be remembered for how insanely competitive things got with the entire Epidemic-Mm, EoP-Foe, and to a slightly lesser extent one of the better MPC rivalries of all time with DP-CP and Fatality.. but even before that there was the entire E/Dv/Tlp/Eop/Dp/Ir giving each other hella competition as MPCs, with Foe/Mm/Fatality as the top 3

Great year for full outs too - Ascendency stealing round 1 off Dp down 17 ppl, Dv beating Ir in a P2P full out, Foe/Mm/Fi all having full outs with each other... and of course the first, biggest, and most successful RvB took place

I would agree with IVP about the 2009-2010 part

If I had to pick one single year though, it would be 2009

Most of it will be remembered for how insanely competitive things got with the entire Epidemic-Mm, EoP-Foe, and to a slightly lesser extent one of the better MPC rivalries of all time with DP-CP and Fatality.. but even before that there was the entire E/Dv/Tlp/Eop/Dp/Ir giving each other hella competition as MPCs, with Foe/Mm/Fatality as the top 3

Great year for full outs too - Ascendency stealing round 1 off Dp down 17 ppl, Dv beating Ir in a P2P full out, Foe/Mm/Fi all having full outs with each other... and of course the first, biggest, and most successful RvB took place

This guy nailed it

These were the best times of clanning :')