30-39 Def is pure, accept it. Adapt or die.

Imperial Spartan

the crux of the matter is because there's two definitions of what a pure is currently

one is as much offensive power packed into as low combat as possible. This generally maxes out between 77-88 combat. And then there's the clanning definition which is "as long as you're under x def you're a pure" which has for the most part been 40 def.

Curses were a technicality that people saw as legal (even though for the def levels it wasn't worth the combats for anything under 40 def) because by clanning standards everyone was still under 40. it broke the definition of being 'pure' in the sense that people mindlessly got combat levels through prayer and ~28+ def that took you outside your effective combat bracket. But now there are no curses and there are people getting def because Jcup said 25, so why not 30, and then the def and prayer is just overkill, taking us way, way outside the limits of the first definition. MM was the only clan that even attempted to uphold a pure standard.

I am aware of how much 30 def is in my clan and I don't support it, I don't even like that I have 25 def but what can you do, every other clan supports 25 at the very least. Frankly if you have 25 def, high prayer, high attack you have no right to complain about 30 def because your account is part of the problem anyway.

Too much effort bro

the crux of the matter is because there's two definitions of what a pure is currently 

one is as much offensive power packed into as low combat as possible. This generally maxes out between 77-88 combat. And then there's the clanning definition which is "as long as you're under x def you're a pure" which has for the most part been 40 def. 

Curses were a technicality that people saw as legal (even though for the def levels it wasn't worth the combats for anything under 40 def) because by clanning standards everyone was still under 40. it broke the definition of being 'pure' in the sense that people mindlessly got combat levels through prayer and ~28+ def that took you outside your effective combat bracket. But now there are no curses and there are people getting def because Jcup said 25, so why not 30, and then the def and prayer is just overkill, taking us way, way outside the limits of the first definition. MM was the only clan that even attempted to uphold a pure standard. 

I am aware of how much 30 def is in my clan and I don't support it, I don't even like that I have 25 def but what can you do, every other clan supports 25 at the very least. Frankly if you have 25 def, high prayer, high attack you have no right to complain about 30 def because your account is part of the problem anyway. 

Again my clan supports 30 def and I myself have 25 def so I can't really argue or slam you or your clan for their decisions, but that logic is fucking awful. Where do we draw the line? Why should I have a problem with CP for example having someone with 39 def if I have 33 def in my clan? Where do we draw the line? While we're at it we may as well all become 1-45 defence and revive the zerker clanning scene.

Again my clan supports 30 def and I myself have 25 def so I can't really argue or slam you or your clan for their decisions, but that logic is fucking awful. Where do we draw the line? Why should I have a problem with CP for example having someone with 39 def if I have 33 def in my clan? Where do we draw the line? While we're at it we may as well all become 1-45 defence and revive the zerker clanning scene.

I don't think there's enough of a playerbase to support zerk clans, and I can no longer comment on cp's defence levels. At the time of us getting 30 the current leader and high council made decisions I didn't agree with but what could I have done.

If you really want to be specific after roughly 88 combat there are no levels to be gained for a pure that aid them offensively - it is entirely defensive gains that we're all 'okay with' (lets be real 30 def is good as fuck) even though it's not 'pure'

Whatever. Nothings going to change

I don't think there's enough of a playerbase to support zerk clans, and I can no longer comment on cp's defence levels. At the time of us getting 30 the current leader and high council made decisions I didn't agree with but what could I have done.

If you really want to be specific after roughly 88 combat there are no levels to be gained for a pure that aid them offensively - it is entirely defensive gains that we're all 'okay with' (lets be real 30 def is good as fuck) even though it's not 'pure'

Whatever. Nothings going to change

Unfortunately you're right its not going to change, if anything it'll get worse. If the playerbase dwindles further clans will push the bar to remain competitive. 

Actually fi is slumping cause they don't accept 30 def there trying to be like MM but failing hard.

EoP doesn't, Fi doesn't, FoE doesn't and pretty sure supremacy doesn't do it either.

Its only TLP and and CP mostly...