The difference between MPC-HPC, and this whole topic of merging/moving up

Lenin

I have been saying this for 2 years now, the whole point of the MPC bracket is not to sit there and do nothing, it's to grow and expand until you can move up to HPC clanning.. 

If you want to actually have a clan succesfully move up, close and merge two clans into each other who are specifically good in one aspect.

IE: imperial is good in clan wars and pretty decent in the wild, and rage/op are both good in the wild with a strong member base, merge those 2 of those clans into an HPC and you just might find that you have a solid HPC that wont close after 2 months. Just my 2 cents. 

pretty sure aao and sd merged into impact. I just see 3 clans who have potential to move up. Impact, OP, and Rage. The rest are full of multy clanners who will pick their hpc over their mpc.

Idk if you were in a pure clan back when it was pre-eoc, but mpc's & hpc's shared the same trip times. The only bracket that was isolated from the other brackets was the "LPC" bracket. LPC's cmb max was like 65 cmb.

we can't really call you guys mpc's anymore since your stats are similar to ours,  its legit a duplicate of the hpc scene. Only difference is we attend trips at a different time.

Why not merge trip times & boost up clan activity for both brackets? school is starting up for most people and activity is only going to get worse. We seen it happen in 2014 & this time we don't need to wait until there is only 3 hpc's & 3 mpc's left ..

Theres actually some solid discussion going on for once

Topics that I start tend to have that <3

I think you may be ignoring the fact that the MPC scene was originally 78-/83- with 1-10 defence(?). That was rather high, but still low/distinct enough to create a separation. Nowadays the 30 def motto is very clear with accounts between 75-95 combat in that scene (as well as combat, tendency for 92 combat cap (which is a maxed account), as well as the mass amount of HPC accounts that attend those trips. All it is right now is HPC division 1 (HPC) and HPC division 2 (MPC). They will refuse to move up for reasons such as cancer, regardless of having the same if not more issues in terms of mains etc. 

For the core of most MPC's, the averages would tend to be relatively similar to HPCs. The difference is the Attack and Prayer levels. Considering the majority of events are F2P, the real disadvantage is the prayer levels wihich, if MPC's moved up, would end up being trained regardless. It's not like your average joe in the MPC is 85 str/range these days. It is feasible that they could move up, however as I have stated over and over, they seem to be content with being in a 2nd division HPC scene in order to utilize HPC invites and vice versa. 

There really is minimal difference between the two scenes

First paragraph; "Originally" is a different case. Its hard enough to get people to remain 92- combat cap in MPC, its another to try to regain 80 combat cap. We can't ask them to scrap their accounts.

You can still max with 30 defence at 92 combat cap. People opt for this to have a stronger wildy game, we can't control all individuals. We will try the best to keep 30 defence at 30 and not higher.

Please read the original post on the various reasons why MPC and HPC distinction should remain.

Second paragraph; Attack, Prayer and Defence*. Majority of HPCs now encourage members in some way to get defence. This can be said for some MPCs as still some have majority remaining at low defence levels. Attack and Prayer are valuable skills too. Again, for the distinction and disadvantages of MPCs moving up please read the original post.

obviously mpc clans like Rage that has addy should be able to compete with hpc clans, but clans like Ruin, Impact, Imperial which has the most 1-20 defence won't be able to compete with maxed 39 defence accs. and no a website isn't going to force people to get 39 defence just to compete

note i didn't mention Apex because they are the most irrelevant mpc clan in the scene just above SF which is not an accomplishment. 

Idk if you were in a pure clan back when it was pre-eoc, but mpc's & hpc's shared the same trip times. The only bracket that was isolated from the other brackets was the "LPC" bracket. LPC's cmb max was like 65 cmb.

we can't really call you guys mpc's anymore since your stats are similar to ours,  its legit a duplicate of the hpc scene. Only difference is we attend trips at a different time.

Why not merge trip times & boost up clan activity for both brackets? school is starting up for most people and activity is only going to get worse. We seen it happen in 2014 & this time we don't need to wait until there is only 3 hpc's & 3 mpc's left ..

Are the conditions exactly the same right now?

Another important topic is also fixing this defence issue that people keep getting, if HPCs move down to MPC times then MPCs would be forced to get higher defence.

Its not a legit duplication of HPC accounts, half the replies on this thread including my original post covered that. Read it through.

& again, read my original post on your last paragraph.

Second paragraph; Attack, Prayer and Defence*. Majority of HPCs now encourage members in some way to get defence. This can be said for some MPCs as still some have majority remaining at low defence levels. Attack and Prayer are valuable skills too. Again, for the distinction and disadvantages of MPCs moving up please read the original post.

so according to this logic foe went 23-5 as an mpc vs tlp as a hpc with 30-39def/high pray/99attack ? yikes were that damn good son

difference between mpc/hpc is the gap in ingame quality and leadership skills, nothing more so please don't make it out to be.

the more the defense average raises for mpc clans the less they deserve to stay in their own bracket. 

alot of people have made the argument to me that 'anything goes' under the 92 combat limit but if that's truly the case then the only distinction between hpcs and mpcs are attack levels. your accounts function literally the same as ours and in an era of adamant that is once again grossly undermining the monk robes we all used to wear there is a point where mpcs truly aren't staying lower combat for the sake of function - they now have the same accounts that hpcs do and simply want to be treated differently which is hilarious

nevermind the fact that there are still 1 def 80-90's in hpc clanning. the fact of the matter is these hpcs whether you like them or not were here before the mpcs and they will be here after. mpc bracket is volatile and fluctuating to the degree that clans open and close after some months time, frankly i used to be impressed that olympus/cd have been mid tier for so long but when you see that they bring addy/mains/hpc accounts for a vast majority of their lifespan what's the difference? they aren't serving their purpose of introducing new people to clanning, or operating at a tier below hpcs. 

@@Robbyy was having this exact discussion on ts the other night. boy does my buddy robbyy have an opinion on rs or what

so according to this logic foe went 23-5 as an mpc vs tlp as a hpc with 30-39def/high pray/99attack ? yikes were that damn good son

difference between mpc/hpc is the gap in in game quality and leadership skills, nothing more so please don't make it out to be.

Can't comment much on the first line.

The second though, thats a bit inaccurate.

HPC ranks are full of it and make bad decisions.

• FOE ranks and influential members encouraged defence.
  • TLP ranks fought each other over who gets to sit in the leadership role.
  • RD ranks gave up on a clan that was pulling consistent 40-50s as a low-tier HPC.
  • CP ranks initiated a demeaning recruiting tactic giving elder to anyone.
  • FI getting rid of their ranks and core on what a monthly basis?

You go up to a well established HPC with ideas for events etc. and they turn back and say brown sticky stuff like 'yo, we're the best clan to exist, idc about your system, fuck all of you'. Then you approach MPC ranks and they're willing to compromise and accept all forms of events so that their members get action. The quality is a different matter. I'm positive if the MPCs had the same stats, they would challenge every HPC including FOE & may I remind you that Imperial managed to beat FOE too with that combat difference.

HPC is definitely overrated. Just because your clan has been open for a long time doesn't make you gods. Instead of attacking anyone who's not in your clan, how about you all try to make and encourage your members and the community towards action & clanning. I think some of these clans think they're actual clans irl and forget that this is a game.

Can't comment much on the first line.

The second though, thats a bit inaccurate.

HPC ranks are full of it and make bad decisions.

• FOE ranks and influential members encouraged defence. 

they would challenge every HPC including FOE & may I remind you that Imperial managed to beat FOE too with that combat difference.

Foe doesnt ask people to get 30 def, the people who were 25def/100cb+ wanted it and the 1def members stayed the same.

all the other HPC brown sticky stuff i agree with though.

Imperial beat foe ? im assuming you grave digged back to when foe hadnt done f2p for 1year+ (2015>6 month ago) and used to fight imperial for practice (they had similar levels to us btw)

Put 58 foe 1defs youtube hybrid heroes against any mpc we'll brown sticky stuff on them and prove that mpc quality in leadership+ingame is subpar to hpcs

guess we'll see hpcs camping mpcs on mpc trips telling them to move up or die as an mpc  :)

no it isn't but without any of the prayers/gear that warranted any kind of remotely feasible build, and judging by the response on my feedback thread there is a decently sized portion of the community that also thinks that this is out of hand, yet again.

the problem is i cannot expect people to throw away their clanning accounts to go back to 1-20 again, the def cap will only go higher and higher as people keep slipping

Tyen you're showing everyone you're a noob. Pure clans had 30 def before the introduction of any prayers/benefits of it besides addy. When osrs came out clans went back to 20 def but it soon changed again because nobody gives a fuck about being a "real" pure in 2016

@ I don't think you understand that multi clanning is the problem

and you also don't realise that HPCs can and will move down to hit mpcs when the time is right and there is nothing that can be changed, so essentially there wil be no distinction and mpcs will be forced to either fight outleveled or train up to max -39 def accounts no longer being mpc.

expect it

hpc scene isnt fun, the purpose of a game is to have fun, mpc had midweeks pkri almost every week before clans getting good amount of 30 def, why? because its actualy fun when 1 - 25 def clans fight each other, why hpc has no midweek besides cw, huge majority of hpc is 30 - 39 def, you guys realize how boring and cancer this is? its basicaly who rags for longer, you dont even see binders at hpc anymore, every 1 is 30 def, why get off that addy to bind with wiz? wonder why hpcs r asking for mpcs to move up or pk at same time, so every 1 can get 39 def and close a month afther together cuz sht became boring as fuck, you guys brought this upon yourselfs mass training to 39def and encouraging 90% or more of your clans to have 30+ def, want to have fun, let the hpc scene die because of that, and built a new hpc out of the current mpc as there not every clan mass trains to 30 - 39 def, or get all the money u hpc guys have and make a level 88 - 92 maxed real quick and then go to hpc as it should be, not a addy v addy ragwar, but a whole bunch of monk/mith motherfuckers getting 1 banged, binding, and all that sht we like, cuz we all play runescape for fun, and winning at all costs at a game sometimes can cost you the fun

@ also i think you underestimate great quality of clans.

high stats (defence/attack/prayer) doesnt mean everything

last year our clan consisted of around 80+ 1 defence pures with maxed strength/range with which we beat every HPC convincingly in CLW going up against 30 defence and 100s+.

Our prep record ended at 110-25 in 2015 against these clans.

if we were to fight every MPC back then also we'd easily destroy them all probably on losing under 5 preps and winning over 50 because leadership and quality of MPCs is just generally worse, otherwise they'd easily be able to compete in the HPC scene too.

hpc scene isnt fun, the purpose of a game is to have fun, mpc had midweeks pkri almost every week before clans getting good amount of 30 def, why? because its actualy fun when 1 - 25 def clans fight each other, why hpc has no midweek besides cw, huge majority of hpc is 30 - 39 def, you guys realize how boring and cancer this is? its basicaly who rags for longer, you dont even see binders at hpc anymore, every 1 is 30 def, why get off that addy to bind with wiz? wonder why hpcs r asking for mpcs to move up or pk at same time, so every 1 can get 39 def and close a month afther together cuz sht became boring as fuck, you guys brought this upon yourselfs mass training to 39def and encouraging 90% or more of your clans to have 30+ def, want to have fun, let the hpc scene die because of that, and built a new hpc out of the current mpc as there not every clan mass trains to 30 - 39 def, or get all the money u hpc guys have and make a level 88 - 92 maxed real quick and then go to hpc as it should be, not a addy v addy ragwar, but a whole bunch of monk/mith motherfuckers getting 1 banged, binding, and all that sht we like, cuz we all play runescape for fun, and winning at all costs at a game sometimes can cost you the fun

if mpcs do not move up, it is inevitable that hpcs will move down with their current account builds, because at corp they can essentially attack everyone

then all mpcs are fucked unless they adapt