The difference between MPC-HPC, and this whole topic of merging/moving up

Lenin

Keep seeing this go around and its especially some HPCs (who suggest this) that will greatly be disadvantaged from this.

Here's the thing that you've ignored.

Unless clans move up from from LPC, a good percentage of an MPC will have multi-clanners i.e. people in both MPC and HPC. If they move up your (HPC) pull will drop significantly.

Also, MPC combat cap is 92 with an average defence level of 1-20 for clans. If they move up most people will be forced to get higher defence which ruins the idea of being a pure. Whether you like it or not, there are more actual pures in MPC than there are in HPC (esp. when FOE decided to get defence).

Besides, even if they move up, you'll still have separate categories of low-tier HPC and high-tier HPC. You think that the action might increase, but you're also forgetting that MPC hours are additional clanning hours, and people will be restricted to a single clan rather than two - less action for your members overall.

With that being said its clear MPC is a lot more active right now esp. with the recent clans closing. This doesn't mean MPCs shouldn't move up, tbh if they are consistently strong in clan wars and wilderness for about a month or more they SHOULD move up. Imperial is currently the strongest in clan-wars, but wilderness changes each weekend one clan dominates saturday, another dominates sunday, and that changes each week so none of them would make such a move right now.

the more the defense average raises for mpc clans the less they deserve to stay in their own bracket. 

alot of people have made the argument to me that 'anything goes' under the 92 combat limit but if that's truly the case then the only distinction between hpcs and mpcs are attack levels. your accounts function literally the same as ours and in an era of adamant that is once again grossly undermining the monk robes we all used to wear there is a point where mpcs truly aren't staying lower combat for the sake of function - they now have the same accounts that hpcs do and simply want to be treated differently which is hilarious

nevermind the fact that there are still 1 def 80-90's in hpc clanning. the fact of the matter is these hpcs whether you like them or not were here before the mpcs and they will be here after. mpc bracket is volatile and fluctuating to the degree that clans open and close after some months time, frankly i used to be impressed that olympus/cd have been mid tier for so long but when you see that they bring addy/mains/hpc accounts for a vast majority of their lifespan what's the difference? they aren't serving their purpose of introducing new people to clanning, or operating at a tier below hpcs. 

the more the defense average raises for mpc clans the less they deserve to stay in their own bracket. 

alot of people have made the argument to me that 'anything goes' under the 92 combat limit but if that's truly the case then the only distinction between hpcs and mpcs are attack levels. your accounts function literally the same as ours and in an era of adamant that is once again grossly undermining the monk robes we all used to wear there is a point where mpcs truly aren't staying lower combat for the sake of function - they now have the same accounts that hpcs do and simply want to be treated differently which is hilarious

nevermind the fact that there are still 1 def 80-90's in hpc clanning. the fact of the matter is these hpcs whether you like them or not were here before the mpcs and they will be here after. mpc bracket is volatile and fluctuating to the degree that clans open and close after some months time, frankly i used to be impressed that olympus/cd have been mid tier for so long but when you see that they bring addy/mains/hpc accounts for a vast majority of their lifespan what's the difference? they aren't serving their purpose of introducing new people to clanning, or operating at a tier below hpcs. 

"your accounts function literally the same as ours" How about attack and prayer?

e5b3a88971f21a9462dd87e489265653.png

First sentence I agree completely.

Second paragraph; you can still be maxed with 30 defence and yeah the difference then is the attack and prayer levels. People just take advantage of this. I mean, each MPC thats been in the tier for a few months now has 100% complained about defence yet they are alright with accepting 30 defence in their clan, its just bad decision making from ranks.

Third; Olympus coudn't compete in HPC, they tried. CD, afaik, had relations with either SV or another clan, but they don't clan wars. All MPCs besides Impact (for the time being) actually simulates low-tier HPCs imo but none of them would last for a good time. Couple of us are going to try to increase action in MPC for both servers, but I can't really say much about HPCs since most of the time when they dont get their way they're just like fuck it we're the best we don't care about your system without any desire to improve it.

"your accounts function literally the same as ours" How about attack and prayer?

e5b3a88971f21a9462dd87e489265653.png

does attack directly increase your damage output?

does prayer directly increase your damage output?

does defense directly increase your damage output? 

no, they don't. You are so thoroughly disillusioned with what it means to be pure, i'm actually sorry for you. 

no, they don't. You are so thoroughly disillusioned with what it means to be pure, i'm actually sorry for you. 

"does attack increase your damage output?" Having 60/70 attack in p2p mfw

"does prayer directly increase your damage output?" Pray in f2p preps mfw

Yes it does lmao attack brings your dps up and so does prayer with longer 15s

"does attack increase your damage output?" Having 60/70 attack in p2p mfw

"does prayer directly increase your damage output?" Pray in f2p preps mfw

Yes it does lmao attack brings your dps up and so does prayer with longer 15s

holy brown sticky stuff, this is what pure clanning has come to. sometimes i wonder why i bother with this place

mfw tlp brought 10+ mains to trips