Thoughts on this new COTM System?

موني

Any broccolied comments will be removed/warned (Trying to get some real feedback)

9i97GP8.png

Ok so we're changing COTM to a point based system instead of the brown sticky stuff W/L thing which we always do. it'll be based more off of who gets the most preps and how many points you can rack up doing F2P or P2P preps! 

Points Gained

For both F2P And P2P Preps they're worth 1.5 Points for both.  After the first prep you'll receive -.5 from the prep beforehand. 

For Example.

Clan X Vs Clan Y (3-0 F2P) 1.5 Points

Clan Y Vs Clan X (3-0 P2P) 1 Points

Clan X Vs Clan Y (3-0 F2P) .5 Points

Clan X Vs Clan Y (3-0 F2P) Points

Anything above a 40v40 in either F2P or P2P (For MPC's and HPC's) = Extra +1 Point

Anything above a 40v40 in either F2P or P2P (For LPC's) = Extra +2 Points

Fullout Win = +5 Points 

Side Information

• To Win COTM, 6 Points is the minimum (For MPC's and HPC's
  • To Win COTM, 5 Points is the minimum (For MPC's and HPC's
  • Anything below a 40v40 doesn't involve gaining extra points it's just a regular win!

These are the timeframes in which preps will be counted in

• Start: The first day of the month at 1 P.M EST
  • End: The topic must be posted before 11:59 on the last day of the month

What counts as a prep?

This applies to All Clans : Anything below a 25v25 wont count as a prep unless one clan is forced to sit down below 25 in which they will provide a picture of their pull. The lowest a clan can sit down to is 20.

First To 100's Etc. Doesn't count as a prep or towards COTM in anyway.

COTM Tie-Breaker Prep

If two clans come within 2 points of each other for COTM there will be a tie-breaker prep to decide who's going to be Clan of the Month. The rules of this prep can be deicded by the two clans such as (Opts,Server Etc.)

iWhat happens if more than 2 clans are second place for COTM?

We'll do the preps based on points for example (The two second place clans will fight it out and than the winner will fight the first place clan) 

Side Rules for the COTM Tie-Breaker Prep

• The winner off this prep will receive the points for the next month
  • If you get DDos'd at all during this prep we don't take responsibility so change you IP's
  • If your clan doesn't pull to the agreed minimum your clan gets DQ'd
  • If your clan brings invites you get DQ'd

DzFixGs.png

#post-1-0-77736400-1402374178.pngAmbassador #UyO5XIc.pngRespected #Member #aedcdf27df0683997f813fad73af2e0b.pngVIP #Mediator 

Not liking it, if clan X were to prep clan Y and lose by a small margin (1.5+ points to clan Y) then what's the incentive for clan X to try and rematch clan Y in the weeks after if they can only gain 1.0+ points from winning?

I understand you need to consider the issue of 'farming' wins, but scaling down the points after just one prep between two clans, regardless of servers, seems flawed.

Not liking it, if clan X were to prep clan Y and lose by a small margin (1.5+ points to clan Y) then what's the incentive for clan X to try and rematch clan Y in the weeks after if they can only gain 1.0+ points from winning?

I understand you need to consider the issue of 'farming' wins, but scaling down the points after just one prep between two clans, regardless of servers, seems flawed.

There's no actual correct way to make in which I can make COTM completely fair because some clans dislike the farming wins aspect which clans like FOE/SUP complained alot about 

Do you think I shud keep the old way and make the 4th prep 0 points? I need to make 3 preps max in between clans because it forces clans to prep others more aswell.

There's no actual correct way to make in which I can make COTM completely fair because some clans dislike the farming wins aspect which clans like FOE/SUP complained alot about 

Do you think I shud keep the old way and make the 4th prep 0 points? I need to make 3 preps max in between clans because it forces clans to prep others more aswell.

Clan X beats Clan Y and gets full points. 

Clan Y then beats Clan X and gets full points 

Any further wins by either X or Y against Y or X in that month see reduced points like Moni suggested. This was the score can be settled. Your first win against a clan in the month should see full points regardless. 

• To Win COTM, 6 Points is the minimum (For MPC's and HPC's

• To Win COTM, 5 Points is the minimum (For MPC's and HPC's

I am not sure I follow here.

For an overall idea it looks okay, I believe you should not eliminate points if a clan rematches on a different server though.

Clan X win F2P prep vs Clan Y (1.5 point)

Clan X win P2P prep vs Clan Y (1.0 point)

I think Clan X should receive full points if the preps are on different servers. If they prep only on 1 server though then the deduction can be activated.

so hypothetically a clan that went like 3-7 can get cotm

Unlikely but yes I suppose assuming they're all 40v40 wins (the 3).

COTM is promoting more activity and less actual record and whos best from what i can tell, honestly they're overcomplicating it.

OT:

1 point for victory, .25 or .5 for loss is good since it promotes activity. 40v40 should be 1.5, not worth 2 preps but this still promotes overall activity. 2 point difference for tiebreaker is way too much. That's like telling me a 6-3 clan and a 8-1 clan are tied. I can see a point or less for tiebreaker otherwise it gets too complicated. Your system with farming wins was good before. A clan shouldn't get 0 points for participating in a prep because action is still action - some clans aren't as active as others. 

Unlikely but yes I suppose assuming they're all 40v40 wins (the 3).

COTM is promoting more activity and less actual record and whos best from what i can tell, honestly they're overcomplicating it.

OT:

1 point for victory, .25 or .5 for loss is good since it promotes activity. 40v40 should be 1.5, not worth 2 preps but this still promotes overall activity. 2 point difference for tiebreaker is way too much. That's like telling me a 6-3 clan and a 8-1 clan are tied. I can see a point or less for tiebreaker otherwise it gets too complicated. Your system with farming wins was good before. A clan shouldn't get 0 points for participating in a prep because action is still action - some clans aren't as active as others. 

Hm... Should we give them .25 for the 4th prep+, also for COTM decider prep I should move it to 1 point different 

The decider should only happen if clans are within .5 of eachother. First win against opponent should be full points, second win slightly less. If both clans win one fight against eachother (out of two preps) then both should receive full points.

What happens in regards to the declined declarations @@Moni?

The decider should only happen if clans are within .5 of eachother. First win against opponent should be full points, second win slightly less. If both clans win one fight against eachother (out of two preps) then both should receive full points.

What happens in regards to the declined declarations @@Moni?

Why should it be within .5? They're promoting more activity.

Why should it be within .5? They're promoting more activity.

Maybe if they want decider fights at the end of the month, they should just say the top two clans will fight for the title if the scores are within a certain amount of eachother (otherwise if a clan is clearly ahead, they can win it right away). By the end of the month, the 2 point gap seems like far too much room.