Regarding Conquest

puppyslush

Just now, slushpuppeh said:

Sharkbrew doesn't have any sort of twitch presence and we planned to utilize his network to build publicity for the upcoming RvB.

So you planned to "use" him like you said he was using you. Yes it would build publicity for the upcoming RvB, but also boost your profits. Him "using" your site boosts the amount of players attending his events for the community. 

When they "use" you - Conquest loses, community wins.

When you "use" Conquest, Sharkbrew wins, community wins.

Just now, Tuk said:

They are not stealing your users. Extra activity ain't bad lol, if it was something like sharkbrew I would get you, but at this point it feels just cauliflower. 

Also the amount that you are making is really irrelevant as you are making some + that is only Google Adsense - not Pservers/gold sellers which pay in bulk. But it is not the point - as you are still making some. Like I am with gfx.

And obviously it is your site and you can run it how ever you want but just seems really hypocrite to me to ride with "making the community better" and then not letting private non-profit event host advertise his events. 

a3c154b3a0cdc332710dd3b353868b5f.png

Obviously my arguing depends on the fact that he is speaking the truth here.

The server hosting for Sharkbrew sets me back around $225 a month. The pserver/gold ads are sporadic at best. Majority of the funds accumulated($400++) will be going into a huge project to be launched later this year. If hosting and running a pure community site was so profitable as you make it out to be, every single tom dick harry would be doing it.

If Louis was serious about making the community site better, he would be working with us, not trying to slander a site that has-significantly- contributed to the growth of the pure community as a whole. Compare the activity of Sharkbrew/Pure clans vs Zybez/Main clans.

You are so blinded by the non profit rhetoric that you fail to see that his project is unsustainable in the long run without external help or unless he has some other ulterior motive- that we offered and he proceeded to chew our hand off.

4 minutes ago, Tuk said:

They are not stealing your users. Extra activity ain't bad lol, if it was something like sharkbrew I would get you, but at this point it feels just cauliflower. 

Also the amount that you are making is really irrelevant as you are making some + that is only Google Adsense - not Pservers/gold sellers which pay in bulk. But it is not the point - as you are still making some. Like I am with gfx.

And obviously it is your site and you can run it how ever you want but just seems really hypocrite to me to ride with "making the community better" and then not letting private non-profit event host advertise his events. 

a3c154b3a0cdc332710dd3b353868b5f.png

Obviously my arguing depends on the fact that he is speaking the truth here.

You don't think mutual advertising doesn't help our community grow? We were allowing Conquest to advertise his events originally but under a mutual agreement. 

3 minutes ago, Tuk said:

So you planned to "use" him like you said he was using you. Yes it would build publicity for the upcoming RvB, but also boost your profits. Him "using" your site boosts the amount of players attending his events for the community. 

When they "use" you - Conquest loses, community wins.

When you "use" Conquest, Sharkbrew wins, community wins.

Sure, that would be a sustainable ecosystem, but seriously stop being naive about the whole non profit thing. Let me refer you to this link:

https://help.twitch.tv/customer/en/portal/articles/2812403-how-to-subscribe

He has plenty of monetization options available to them when the time comes.

Just now, slushpuppeh said:

Sure, that would be a sustainable ecosystem, but seriously stop being naive about the whole non profit thing. Let me refer you to this link:

https://help.twitch.tv/customer/en/portal/articles/2812403-how-to-subscribe

He has plenty of monetization options available to them when the time comes.

He indeed does - and like I said before my arguing is based on the fact that I truly believe he is doing this for the sake of community like you've praised you do.

I also tried to make it very clear I know that hosting doesen't make you big buck, but still you are not losing money from your own pockets like Conquest is. To be honest I don't believe that they can sustain as they are just dishing money out. But for the time its happening - it was a damn good tournament and I would wish more participants to it. 

But still my main point - if we all are driving for the better community like we all say. Why didn't you let him post in the first place, as it's not like sharkbrew and if it were to become one it's not like it hard to remove their topics then.

Just now, Tuk said:

He indeed does - and like I said before my arguing is based on the fact that I truly believe he is doing this for the sake of community like you've praised you do.

I also tried to make it very clear I know that hosting doesen't make you big buck, but still you are not losing money from your own pockets like Conquest is. To be honest I don't believe that they can sustain as they are just dishing money out. But for the time its happening - it was a damn good tournament and I would wish more participants to it. 

But still my main point - if we all are driving for the better community like we all say. Why didn't you let him post in the first place, as it's not like sharkbrew and if it were to become one it's not like it hard to remove their topics then.

We barely break even right now. Its like I stated to you, I am suppose to be making a topic talking about our payouts. We're going to keep going in circles because we were letting Conquest post their topics under a mutual agreement. It helps both platforms to advertise each other and we even spoke about collaborating at some points at the beginning of our voice conversation. You're not acknowledging fully on what happened after the misunderstanding afterwards. Both groups care about the community. I appreciate your comments.

12 minutes ago, Tuk said:

Amass users first through expenses then profit from them later. Ever heard of this business strategy? Uber? Food Panda? etc?

Driving for better community isn't just simply throwing 30m for 30 pures to fuck around at duel arena.

4 minutes ago, slushpuppeh said:

Amass users first through expenses then profit from them later. Ever heard of this business strategy? Uber? Food Panda? etc?

Driving for better community isn't just simply throwing 30m for 30 pures to fuck around at duel arena.

Yes obviously - if it was the case but still I believe that he is genuine guy with no bad intentions. If he has then I'm wrong and you are very right. 

I mean it kinda worked. At the 6v6 tourny there were brids from the nh cup hosted by them - who became interested in clanning.

22 minutes ago, Tuk said:

A big issue on this is that people are now seeing their events as direct competition to ours which is something I actually spoke to Louis briefly about. I personally don't mind having them around as it is refreshing seeing something new. As long as the community understands it isn't a rivalry or anything it could work out. We are two seperate groups trying to correlate for 1 community. We both want the best for it regardless of our way to work on it.

To put it into perspective, they offered 30m for their 6v6 tournament which is great tbh, but people are now expecting a cash prize for Sharkbrew's 6v6 which at the moment like I answered earlier, I don't have. I don't get paid to make tournaments either lol. If I was to invest a large amount of money or use Sharkbrew's resources on this 6v6 tournament just to screw them up and in a non-realistic way consistently maintain high cash awards throughout the year. Would this make their events less appealing in the long run if they can't match Sharkbrew's?

People need to realize that this isn't a competition of who can host the best event and give out the best cash awards. These are two different groups of people working on giving action to a relatively dull scene.

Does sharkbrew really bring in new blood to the community? 

Just imagine if Conquest could expand their platform on Twitch and get a huge following, then that would definitely bring more exposure to the pure community then this site does imo. But props to Conquest who ran a successful pure event without needing a long period of time to organize or ask for advertisement money to host things. Keep building your brand and you will see it pay off in the long run even if other competitors are trying to slow you down. 

whoa,

First of all we did not slander anything. In the chats you shared you stated you would be posting a thread in clan discussion sharing our event etc etc. You decided not to do this. so why would we advertise sharkbrew when they haven't assisted us with any advertisments? You let us post our event in your discord when at the time our discord had 80 members and yours had 50. it wasn't a huge gain to post in discord.

We're more than willing to talk about this over voice chat or anything @Kim or @slushpuppeh

Please pm me on when you'd like to discuss future terms.

6 minutes ago, Crunk said:

Does sharkbrew really bring in new blood to the community? 

Just imagine if Conquest could expand their platform on Twitch and get a huge following, then that would definitely bring more exposure to the pure community then this site does imo. But props to Conquest who ran a successful pure event without needing a long period of time to organize or ask for advertisement money to host things. Keep building your brand and you will see it pay off in the long run even if other competitors are trying to slow you down. 

I couldn't agree more, this is exactly what we offered.