Clan-Wars-Clans

Hazardous

What are your thoughts on these kind of clans?

Basically clans that live off clan wars wins, and Clan Wars would be their #1 priority

Totally ignoring the fact that Clan Wars is supposely to be practice.

I was thinking about bringing this up after all the beef over some clan wars prep yesterday, and it was clear that one clan was deeply upset about this ( spamming status updates/recent topics )

discuss

Clans don't go with the mentality that traditional clan wars preps are for practice. If clans did have that mentality, there wouldn't be a need for clans (all of them have been victims) to be getting hit off during preps, or to be scared to prep certain clans to avoid losing morale or whatever

There would probably also be different type of preps to practice certain things better - piling, clumping, in game spamming, etc. & more rounds instead of just 3.

Being an example

Not saying Clan Wars is the best way to determine a clans true strength (I prefer the Wilderness personally), but I don't agree with the trying to downplay it because a clan doesn't preform well there... Same goes for clans who do well in CWA but don't in the wilderness.

If you're really good, you'd do well in both

Clan wars in my opinion is a display of how good a clan is when there are no outside influences. Equal opts, no crashes and you get to choose where the fight starts for at least 1 round. Wilderness comes down to more factors such as pulls, leaks, crashes and where your clan is positioned in regards to the rest of the clans out in the wilderness. Levels obviously play a factor but when facing a clan with equal average levels, the clan with better calling and member quality tends to take the win. Saying that clan wars is entirely designed for practice is a poor mentality to have as it obviously has a place in the current pure community.

Clan wars is boring, no variety, no surprises, just whoever mindlessly clicks better.

Wilderness fights involve more thought & tactics and that is why the best clans have always dominated the wilderness. If it really was just all about opts like the practice-wars based clans would have you believe, then Chain69 CC would never have gotten slumped by EoP and clans like Bv and Rd would dominate.

Well if you couldn't tell by the clans I've been in, I think it is a much better display of how good a clan is when compared to the wildy. It is definitely still important to be able to have a solid weekend trip, but as @@Wardy said, its pretty much the only way aside from ddosing to get a fight with a clean winner.

I find it more accomplishing to consistently beat other clans in matched opts fights rather than get involved in mass recruiting/crashing/bringing mains etc etc drama that happens on the weekends. That is one of the main reasons I've stayed in Zu, from the first time I went to one of their preps (was Zu vs Ascent if I remember correctly), they were down 2 and brought it back very convincingly and from then on I've had a huge amount of confidence in all my boys.

Its definitely true though that clans who only focus on clan wars fade away, I guess thats why people start bringing mains/crashing on trips, gets boring winning all the time :P

Clan wars is the only way you're really going to be able to test the quality of a clan without having other clans crashing. People are more than likely going to follow any rules in clan wars too.

That being said, Results in clan wars doesn't translate to results in the wilderness.

Clan wars is boring, no variety, no surprises, just whoever mindlessly clicks better.

Wilderness fights involve more thought & tactics and that is why the best clans have always dominated the wilderness. If it really was just all about opts like the practice-wars based clans would have you believe, then Chain69 CC would never have gotten slumped by EoP and clans like Bv and Rd would dominate.

You are wrong about mindlessly clicks btw

It doesn't take any thought or ability to click pizzas and click piles, runescape pvp is simple as brown sticky stuff, the only fun aspect of the game is strategy which comes into play on weekends and in running a clan in general.

Ultimately the clan that pulls the most will win 99% of the time, though

Another good thing about clw is that you have a clear win unlike wilderness where most fights will be crashed and turn into clusters

Wilderness is more fun but winning in clw is definitely a better buzz

Just gives people a clean fight without it being littered by mains, unless you've got some 38 def guy leading the fall in for the PKRI that is.

Nothing wrong with clan wars imo, it's an effective way to help build hype and activity around clans. However, you're right, it's useless if that hype isn't pulled over to the wilderness sphere and weekend trips. 

Clan wars in my opinion is a display of how good a clan is when there are no outside influences. Equal opts, no crashes and you get to choose where the fight starts for at least 1 round. Wilderness comes down to more factors such as pulls, leaks, crashes and where your clan is positioned in regards to the rest of the clans out in the wilderness. Levels obviously play a factor but when facing a clan with equal average levels, the clan with better calling and member quality tends to take the win. Saying that clan wars is entirely designed for practice is a poor mentality to have as it obviously has a place in the current pure community.

Hit the nail on the head; couldn't have said it better