If There Was a Fixed LPC Combat Cap;

Murd

LPC Combat Caps  

109 members have voted

1. 1. What Would the Most Ideal CB Cap Be?

What would you say would be the most ideal level for a fixed LPC combat cap, and why? (Theoretically though, because nobody would all agree on the same thing etc)

Note that this is regarding the current LPCs, not the idea of 65- combat LPCs!!

Personally, I would say 87 and under. Firstly, because of the apparent mentality of a majority of clans in terms of allowing 20 Defence into their clans (and maxing out for Clan Wars events), and secondly because it allows for your typically maxed 60 and 75 Attack builds (minus the 99 hp) to still be included in the clans. Although I would also put it at 1-10 Def cap to avoid the immense amount of mith seen in modern day LPC clanning tbh.

Edit:

This is based around the current LPC climate, not the ideal!! (because most people would agree that 70- or 65- is the real LPC bracket)

I mean realistically a low level pure is like 65- l0l, lpcs nowadays are weird man.

Yeah, hence why I made a mention of that. Just like pre-EoC, the combat caps have gone up gradually =[

Gone are the days of 40 Attack, 80 Strength...

Those look like MPC combat levels to me. Maybe I'm just old fashioned :P But, talking about LPC's of today, I'd say 83 or 85 and below.

I mean realistically a low level pure is like 65- l0l, lpcs nowadays are weird man.

Personally I agree with Kyle, LPC's pre-eoc didn't have maxed 1 def pures from what I remember which is what the "LPC" community is inching closer and closer to.

LPC pures typically (used to) have to watch their levels and make sure their accounts are balanced without going over the 65 cmb cap.

entire problem comes from the defence and prayer of HPC's. 

Considering that that ~mostly~ considered acceptable max for an HPC account is now 107, anything under I would say 95 combat is considered little. Bear in mind that 95 combat can be a maxed 1 def.  

a 50 attack maxes in 77 combats

a 60 attack maxes in 83 combats 

a 75 attack maxes in 88 combats 

None of these accounts are "LPC". They all have insane DPS for their combat levels and ironically, getting defense and prayer goes against the spirit of being pure. 

LPC's should be restricted to 75 combats. There will be some accounts with 99's but it will highly restrict mithril and prayer allowing more polished accounts to thrive while not being choked by the idea that pure clanning nowadays is all about getting over 100 combat (because it basically is).

I chose 83 simply because I think LPCs should be limited to 1def only, but I agree with @@Murd's reasoning of 87 since currently every clan accepts 20def.

yeah, I personally think def shouldn't be allowed in "LPC's", but like I said I must be old fashioned :D