I recommend iLasik

Dom

Had bad eye sight since a young age & got sick of glasses, decided to get iLasik in April 2014, still to this day I've maintained better than 20/20 vision.

If anyone is thinking about it, I'd recommend it.

Ask away if you have any queries about it.

out of curiosity { for those wondering these questions  :rolleyes:

how much did it cost you? 

how long did it take you from initial inquiry to actual procedure? (timescale, start to finish)  

~£1500 each eye, the service had to be upgraded to a premium one because I apparently have big dilated pupils (~8mm) which required the higher package service.

Each eye took around a minute to do, the recovery was around 5 days, you get eye drops which you apply every 6 hours to avoid both irritation and infection.

If you need more detail on something don't be scared to ask.

https://www.opticalexpress.co.uk/laser-eye-surgery-information/prices-and-finance

non-credited

51a4bf795670bdfb6b77faec51d28271.png

Seems like a worthwhile investment but your eyes will worsen again with age, requiring another surgery or back to glasses/contacts. I'd be interested to know the average duration of time it takes for patients eyes to degrade back to how they once were.

thanks for the information :) @@dom

Was there any sort of waiting period, before they were able to do the procedure? (like a queue or waiting list) 

Any lasting side effects that you had after the procedure? (other than the 5 days for eye-drops) 

Did you try contacts before? 

thanks for the information :) @@dom

Was there any sort of waiting period, before they were able to do the procedure? (like a queue or waiting list) 

Any lasting side effects that you had after the procedure? (other than the 5 days for eye-drops) 

Did you try contacts before? 

I couldn't get contacts in and out, short term side effects were lighting, your eyes become eye sensitive for a little while afterwards, in night time you see "halos" on lights and stuff, this is all short term and went away quickly for me. There was no waiting period for me, they just booked me into the nearest time slot which was like 4 days after eye analysis. I'd say my night vision is a lot better than what it was now though.

Seems like a worthwhile investment but your eyes will worsen again with age, requiring another surgery or back to glasses/contacts. I'd be interested to know the average duration of time it takes for patients eyes to degrade back to how they once were.

I can't really comment on stuff like this as I'm not that knowledgeable about the subject, they told me it's a new surgery which has been around for ~25 years [uK], so the length it actually lasts isn't exactly known right now, so far though I've had no degrading, the technology they use literally scans your eyes for imperfections and reshapes them with the laser to essentially create the perfect shape for optimized eye sight.

I can't really comment on stuff like this as I'm not that knowledgeable about the subject, they told me it's a new surgery which has been around for ~25 years [uK], so the length it actually lasts isn't exactly known right now, so far though I've had no degrading, the technology they use literally scans your eyes for imperfections and reshapes them with the laser to essentially create the perfect shape for optimized eye sight.

Did the math and it would have to last ~6 years for lasik to out-value my contacts. I guess factoring time saved it'd be safe to say ~5 years.

Seems worth, thanks. Will probably invest after I graduate and begin work.

I'd like to get the surgery, but i'm 17 and not sure if my eyes are ready yet since I'm still growing. My mom had this done about 10 years ago @@Known 2 Pown and she had bad eyesight like me (about -3.00 prescription) and she's had 20/20 ever since.

also it's expensive. being able to see without contacts/glasses would make my life a lot easier though.

I'm 25, and i have done a fair share of research as well as talked to family and friends who have done it. I have heard the good, the bad. and the ugly.. The "i wish i would have done it earlier, its worth the cost! Just make sure you get a good doctor." I have also heard, "i wish i never got it done, my eyes are horrible at night, almost like i am blind." The " I regret it i have to put eye drops every 1-3 hours." From the research i have done it depends on the method done. One method burns fff a complete part of your eye and the other just tucks or folds it back (this is the newer version if I remember correctly) I wear contacts when I know I absulutely need to (going for a run doing physical things. I have really bad eyes and dried eyes as well, can't remember the term for dry eyes)

That's not really true, depends what surgery you get.