A New Era

Shadows

It appears we have now started a new era of Pure Clanning. With the limited amount of MPCs and HPCs opened, it was about time this merge was done. I hope this goes through 100% and that all parties agree to it. 

Just wanted to talk about couple things that caught my attention. 

First of all will be the Saturday Trip times. Usually MPC trips are very late, 6PM EST mass which would not allow the diversity that brought a united scene back in Pre-EOC. In the Pre-EOC era, trips were a bit earlier that HPC trips now (if my memory isn't failing), which allowed for some clans to pk for very long periods of time. 6PM would make this a bit harder for some clans in my opinion but that is not for me to debate. 

Second thing is that MPC clans are still capped at 92 cb, while most HPCs have large numbers of people above the 105 cb range already. I think maybe the MPCs should have a 2 week off period (after this first test weekend) to train up their accounts to HPC standards. 

-The amount of clans opened on Pre-EOC made it so that everyone would have enough action, this is one of the reasons why the mains (ON F2P) was at a pretty low number compared to anything Post-EOC. With clans like Fi and Sup (Lowest pulling HPCs) now being able to fight a much larger variety of clans instead of having to face off and hope another clan pulled around their numbers. The increase in action will allow for a decrease (not elimination obviously) of mains on both F2P and P2P servers hopefully. I am sure the leaders of the clans can agree on something. This scene WILL NOT LAST if you decide to go stay exactly the same. You are literally merging a dead scene with a terrible scene in the hopes that there will be a positive reaction. That reaction can only be done by the ranks of the new 11 clans (10 if you do not count StrikeTeam but I will count them). 

Third thing is the Friday MPC P2P trips and Sunday HPC P2P trips. Something would need to be agreed on, and the time for it as well looking for the most positive zone for all the new clans.

We have a new opportunity (If it is not a hoax), lets not fuck it up like 90% of the things we pure clans do these days. 

This part is completely my personal view, some opinions on this would be good.

CONS:

1. Some clans will drop pulls massively. 

2. Clans might close because they rely too heavily on the multi-clanning that having 2 different scenes brought.

3. Clan titles will change. Pretty sure now HPC and MPC will mean what they meant Pre-EOC (High Pulling Clan and Mid Pulling Clan). 

4. Alliances can be formed which would ruin the concept of 11 clans.

5. The mentality of clans these days: Closing my opponent is top priority. Killing the scene/competition. This mentality will kill this new scene if nothing changes.

PROS:

1. Lower pulling clans will have much more action. (Both MPC and HPC)

2. There will be less crashing and more clean 1v1 fights.

3. Longer trips for most clans.

4. The (hopeful) lowering of the amount of mains in pure fights. There will be literally no need to bring more than 15 mains per trip as every clan (no matter your pull) will have enough action.

5. A much more alive scene as both MPC and HPC were as dead as ever.

Good luck to the people who will be participating. Maybe it will work, maybe it will be a completely brown sticky stuff idea. We shall wait and see the result.

I don't see CD dropping any mains tbh, I'm looking forward to this ( if it happens for more than just this saturday), For some reason they take pride in using their mains, and they would literally pull 20 pures if they would, having them have to fight FI or ST. And by the way most of CD talks on sharkbrew, I very much doubt they will drop their mains, this saturday we're probably going to see the most mains we've ever seen at one time, and it's because of the fact that CD does not want to drop them.

I want to see the scene progress and actually be something it hasn't been for years, but there is one clan open right now, that feels the need to continue to bring mains to "close" a clan that arguably has better quality and just about as much quantity as them, CDs pride has gone too far down their members throats that most of them don't even bother logging into their pures for weekend trips.

Agree 100% about the mentality of closing other clans. Hopefully the spastics will get bullied so much they stop coming and the mentality will shift more towards playing for fun. Competition is fun, even heated competition, but when it's about ruining the game for others, it's no fun for anybody.

If there is an assumption that a merge in MPC/HPC will create some form of peace/less cancer, it's more or less incorrect. All it is is both tiers going out at the same time without invites from the other tier of pure clanning. It's about time, because the "MPC's" were by all means not capped at 92 combat. All the MPC scene was was a second tier HPC scene where invites could come from or be sent to. 

I'm glad it'll merge, but it's not going to suddenly cure any cancer. Rivalries will remain as rivalries and I am going to enjoy to continuously demoralize our rivals with my clan.

If there is an assumption that a merge in MPC/HPC will create some form of peace/less cancer, it's more or less incorrect. All it is is both tiers going out at the same time without invites from the other tier of pure clanning. It's about time, because the "MPC's" were by all means not capped at 92 combat. All the MPC scene was was a second tier HPC scene where invites could come from or be sent to. 

I'm glad it'll merge, but it's not going to suddenly cure any cancer. Rivalries will remain as rivalries and I am going to enjoy to continuously demoralize our rivals with my clan.

I agree that rivalries are rivalries, but now clans who had very low amount of action or had to snipe around (Sorry Fi lol) will actually be able to have action with their own capes. Maybe EoP will run around behind them, but at least they will be able to get some action before it. In the current HPC scene, Fi literally couldn't do anything for a pretty good while since their recent struggles.

@@PRShadow

Another problem you have to address is that most people that join MPC do it so they can keep themselves at the 80-88 combat range so they can continue to PK. They aren't strictly clanners and they don't modify their accounts FOR clanning. I, for one, have a maxed 20 def account that I've been waiting to max 99 Attack on, so it wont affect me because I'm currently training another account. But, for a lot of people, modifying their current accounts and training/questing new ones is something they really, probably don't want to do which in turn will give a lot of MPC's a huge disadvantage vs HPC's and force us to fight in higher wildy such as GDZ where their level 120s can hit our 80s and presents another problem in itself.

@ pretty sure this answers your statement about "if a 120 can hit your MPC account you're doing something wrong."