Pure Community: A New Future

Adam

The Pure Community  

112 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do, if the pure community changed as stated in this post?

• Embrace The Change
    • I Like Way Things Are

5_logov3.png

~Warning~

This topic is very objective, I apologize if you all don't agree with it

What would you do if you woke up one morning, and the pure community has just drastically changed?

jzwbp3.png

2vxetf8.jpgMembers:

Members of clans are now around 88 combat, with the few exceptions of Pures (1-5 Defence) who have 99 attack.

2vxetf8.jpgWeekends:

Weekends consist of "real" action, and not just sitting in a fall in where your leadership says, "No Clan Is Getting Action Right now".

2vxetf8.jpgClan Wars Fights: 

Clan Wars fights now consist of various fighting styles, Game-types, and competitive ladder board that is now "fair" for all clans

2vxetf8.jpgCommunity Website 

Where you can post, debate, and even flame with people around the pure community. However, doing so on real forum accounts so you always know you are speaking with.

2vxetf8.jpgClan Leaders / Development of UPN (United Pure Nations)

Clan leaders worked together to uphold a "Clan Bible" that puts strict rules on running their clans, to help the pure community stay prosperous. 

2vxetf8.jpgClan World

A common world that pures login to each day, no matter what clan you are in. No More Clan Home Worlds.

2vxetf8.jpgPure Community Events

Put your clans differences aside or develop alliances with other clans to fight in Clan Teamed Fights. 

2vxetf8.jpgWar Zones

Due to majority of the pures being lowers than 88 combat; clans can now fight in designated wilderness areas, that are in lower level wild to make sure mains are not used in fights.

jzwbp3.png

Pure Community Standard 

In every era of pure clanning there has always been a clan(s) or a group of leaders who set the standards of how the pure community should be. However, if nobody steps up to enforce these standards, chaos breaks out just like in real life when a government loses control of their country.  I myself back in my prime hated the pure community "rules" because I believed they took the fun out of the game, and restricted you from having the best possible Player Killing Account. However, now I understand why leaders like 13th (MM), Old/Goop (EOP), James / Charles (Fi), Dave / Walli (FOE), Drunk (CP), Cory (TLP) and other forgotten leaders from past clans who tried their best to enforce some type of rules.

jzwbp3.png

Proposal

Prosperity: I believe that the only way we can fully prosper as a community, is to go back to our true roots with our accounts. The development of turmoil pre-eoc changed pure clanning for the better in my opinion, but without it in osrs, it has only brought on the development of Pure Cancer in the community. Clans encouraging high combat accounts and high defence levels, drastically hurts the pure community, and the overall pure clanning structure that was once extremely fun. Basically, without being "real pures", we take the fun out of pure clanning. Also, due to everyone being such high combat, we are basically encouraging mains to be at our fights.

Ask yourselves: How many of you actually play on your "pure" accounts, other than for clan events? Not having the drive to play on your accounts, drastically weakens the pure community not only in a clanning aspect, but in Bounty Hunter, Player vs Player, and for growing the pure community in general.

LPC, MPC, HPC: Personally, I believe the reason why these sub-classes developed was because of the unhappiness within the pure clanning structure. Majority of the pure community wants to fight "real pures", with real action, and without the interference of main accounts. I see now, that the development of LPC & MPC was a basically a cry-out for change within the pure community.

Change: After reading @Hormone 's topic on doom forums Click Here, I believe every clan should start from scratch to bring on real change for the pure community (Max 88 Combat, 1-5 Defence). Once we go back to our roots of pure clanning, we can then start the discussions on how to structure it even further (as stated above).

Make the change, restart the pure community, and bring back what many people in the pure community have never fully experienced. MAKE THE PURE COMMUNITY GREAT AGAIN!

@@Braden @@slushpuppy @@Moni @ubermensch @@Ir0ny @@Kim @ @Tyendinaga 

jzwbp3.png

Notable Responses

@

Biggest problem is jagex plans to fuck over pures in the near future anyway. Any changes will be subliminally useless bud.

Response:

Jagex since the start of runescape, has never supported the idea of "pures". However, that hasn't stopped us from developing the pure community.

Foe Member:

All I can say is that FOE is the only real pure clan left in this piss community. All the other clans rely on mains because their quality is brown sticky stuff and that's a fact. Just look at brown sticky stuff clans like eop, cp, tlp (ub), op, cd etc., all they do is bring mains and they still suck ass. Look at a real pure clan like FOE, we never bring mains and yet here we are winning 34 out of our last 36 preps with a current 13 prep win streak and consistent pulls (we don't multi log on mains to 'increase' our pull like the majority of clans).

Response:

If this is true, then FOE should be one of the lead clans to set the standard of the pure community. Other than posting topics about how "great' your clan is, maybe your leadership should start encouraging change within the pure community. Out of any clan in this community, your clan has the solid foundation of core of members to start from scratch with.

Take the next step for your clan, the future members of your clan, and the pure community. The best clan isn't the one who can win all the time, it's the clan who can influence the rest of the pure community; something I believe Mayhem Makers did very well with.

@PKSHADOW

Very good topic but tbh it will 100% never happen. I see some very good points but some flawed ones as well.

Response:

It can happen, it just takes the right clan, and the right voices to start the process of change. Also, there will always be flaws in a topic that is based off one persons opinion; true perfection comes multiple sources.

@@Lionel

it is the way it is

Response:

This the type attitude has brought on years of destruction in our society; WWI, WWII, etc. Never just accept something, we as humans were born with a choice and logical thought process to make structural change.

Biggest problem is jagex plans to fuck over pures in the near future anyway. Any changes will be subliminally useless bud.

Jagex since the start of runescape, has never supported the idea of "pures". However, that hasn't stopped us from developing the pure community.

1-20 def since 2007 buddy otherwise good points diden't read all but will do later =]

30 defence has been around since the start of pure clanning also, but that doesn't mean pure clans should accept it. The standard should be 1 defence, with the exception of 4 def levels to allow human error. 

All I can say is that FOE is the only real pure clan left in this piss community. All the other clans rely on mains because their quality is brown sticky stuff and that's a fact. Just look at brown sticky stuff clans like eop, cp, tlp (ub), op, cd etc., all they do is bring mains and they still suck ass. 

Look at a real pure clan like FOE, we never bring mains and yet here we are winning 34 out of our last 36 preps with a current 13 prep win streak and consistent pulls (we don't multi log on mains to 'increase' our pull like the majority of clans).

All I can say is that FOE is the only real pure clan left in this piss community. All the other clans rely on mains because their quality is brown sticky stuff and that's a fact. Just look at brown sticky stuff clans like eop, cp, tlp (ub), op, cd etc., all they do is bring mains and they still suck ass. 

Look at a real pure clan like FOE, we never bring mains and yet here we are winning 34 out of our last 36 preps with a current 13 prep win streak and consistent pulls (we don't multi log on mains to 'increase' our pull like the majority of clans).

@@HolyDreams @84-0

If this is true, then FOE should be one of the lead clans to set the standard of the pure community. Other than posting topics about how "great' your clan is, maybe your leadership should start encouraging change within the pure community. Out of any clan in this community, your clan has the solid foundation of core of members to start from scratch with. Take the next step for your clan, the future members of your clan, and the pure community.

The best clan isn't the one who can win all the time, it's the clan who can influence the rest of the pure community; something I believe Mayhem Makers did very well with.

Very good topic but tbh it will 100% never happen.

I see some very good points but some flawed ones as well.

It can happen, it just takes the right clan, and the right voices to start the process of change. Also, there will always be flaws in a topic that is based off one persons opinion; true perfection comes multiple sources.