Question for xLPC Ranks/Members

موني

Generally xLPC clans have been roughly 40-60 combat, why has the cap reached 70-75 and even clans are starting to bring 80's during trips. I also never understood the point of being 70-75 combat and doing overs off due to you being able to get insta killed. The whole aspect of F2P is being able to switch prayers accordingly and getting those individual kills to gain the lead early in fights but with overs off its basically a fight based on rng. 

This topic isn't me trying to bring back the old combats, I don't care what the combat goes to since it's 100% decided by clan leaders. 

I will speak from someone that has been in the scene from day one of the most recent version of the xlpc scene. When I first re opened Ascent in January of this year, the xlpc scene wasn't a big deal so I thought the long term plan for the scene was going to be 65- cb which should have happened. The scene is made to bring the new people into community by pretty much massing and letting them learn how to clan then let them move onto lpc clanning or w/e and one of the clans might make it out of the scene to become a lpc or what not. But once it got into the community everyone saw it as a stepping stone to build their clans up and to get hype or a easy scene to pretty much be #1 by bring experience clanners into the scene. Which ended up happening with IR and they started using overheads and getting higher cb so the clans that were in the scene before has to adapt and do the same thing to stay alive which is why it was 70- and some people with overheads

Jump ahead a few months when the message and meeting happened about the combat cap, I try to say 65- cb cap but it was too late for that since all of the clans already had 70 cb and few people above 70 cb so the cap was move to 75 cb. The leaders didn't want overheads but still wanted 75 combat cap which made no sense to me. Having a 70 or 75 combat cap in a xlpc is beyond cauliflower to me but what can you do when the only two scenes in the community is xlpc and lpc.

I will speak from someone that has been in the scene from day one of the most recent version of the xlpc scene. When I first re opened Ascent in January of this year, the xlpc scene wasn't a big deal so I thought the long term plan for the scene was going to be 65- cb which should have happened. The scene is made to bring the new people into community by pretty much massing and letting them learn how to clan then let them move onto lpc clanning or w/e and one of the clans might make it out of the scene to become a lpc or what not. But once it got into the community everyone saw it as a stepping stone to build their clans up and to get hype or a easy scene to pretty much be #1 by bring experience clanners into the scene. Which ended up happening with IR and they started using overheads and getting higher cb so the clans that were in the scene before has to adapt and do the same thing to stay alive which is why it was 70- and some people with overheads

Jump ahead a few months when the message and meeting happened about the combat cap, I try to say 65- cb cap but it was too late for that since all of the clans already had 70 cb and few people above 70 cb so the cap was move to 75 cb. The leaders didn't want overheads but still wanted 75 combat cap which made no sense to me. Having a 70 or 75 combat cap in a xlpc is beyond cauliflower to me but what can you do when the only two scenes in the community is xlpc and lpc.

IMO if a clan is 75 combat might aswell go LPC and compete in a more competitive bracket with more action lol 

The cap is strictly there due to the fact that once you're past 75 you're in low tier lpc territory. if the cap was -75 those people higher than that wouldn't have a scene to take part in  

The community needs to come together and figure cb cap for all of the scenes again or you need to move because that is what the community gives you. It's not right to move up a cap because your clan wanted to train when the cap was set from the start. As a leader you have to think about and make choices about that.

IMO if a clan is 75 combat might aswell go LPC and compete in a more competitive bracket with more action lol 

I agree with that since the system that was set up though the community. I feel like when these clan want to train again or w/e then the xlpc scene will move to a 80 cb cap or 83 for a max 60 attack pure.

Y'all bitching too much about prayers. You choose, higher stats or protection prayers. Fearless did fine with multiple maxed accounts under 75 cb with 1 prayer, especially during preps with overs on. Preps should be identical to wilderness fights as far as rules go