Why do you still clan?

asher

Hi guys. so basically the question what is your motivation for still clanning? Around the 2007-2010 (cant remember) I founded and led a p2p clan called Carnage I hated CW and loved the wilderness so the clan kinda reflected that. (the real one not the team you see today) My motivation to clan was the competition and fun that came with it. There were so many clans so it was impossible not to get action with all clans in that period if you went more than 20 mins without a fight the trip was boring.

Lets be honest in this era there is little to no action on trips. Ive been to a trip where a hpc clan has experienced a 5minute fight over a 2 hour pk trip and the weirdest thing was that barely any members cared. For most other clans the weekend topics say the same but are just jazzed up to look like it was fun when really it was 80% downtime 20% action. 

So if its not for the action as most of you must go into trips knowing nothing is going to happen, why do you clan? Would be interesting to here from old and new guys alike

On what are your opinions based? Because I think the clanning is very active

From my ex members although most of them are in hpc clans... Also off of the forums. I like to lurk haha. The pure clan world is always something I like to watch every now and then and maybe be apart of if it picks up again

Clanning has been more actively lately than it has been in like two years. It's the only reason I kept playing RS for so long.

To be honest I haven't really paid attention for 2 years so maybe there has been an increase but it still doesn't seem fun enough to give 4-6 hours on a weekend. Maybe you are used to it or maybe I am old and looking at my era through rose tints ha

I still clan because I find it fun.

I know I'm not going to be out every night of the week, and the clan that I'm in has events 3 or so nights a week which gives me something to do when I'm at home.

On the flip side, they're far more understanding and as long as people don't take liberties when skipping and are genuinely busy, they tend to understand.