The future

ewby

What do you think the future looks like for pure clanning? I guarantee most of you would say that it looks fairly bleak, with all of the cancerous decisions that every clan makes each weekend. Bringing mains, ddosing, hacking accounts/forums, constant public brown sticky stuff talking, flaming new clans, etc.

How do you personally think all of this changes the future of pure clanning? I think pure clanning is great, but the community, complete lack of respect, and warring trends that have been set over the past couple of years will be our downfall. We all have the power to change this, but we have to work together to get rid of all the cancer, which is highly unlikely judging from what I have seen over my time in Sharkbrew (no flame, just stating my opinion). We all truly enjoy clanning, so why let it turn to brown sticky stuff? 

Discuss? I bet someone will prove my point by replying yeah aao dead/yeah imp suks/sup is dead/olymPISS etc.

The community is very very toxic as of now. Until all clans conform to a set of "guidelines" created by officials of the community, it will stay that way. Unfortunately I just don't see there being a general set of guidelines followed by all clans. There will always be certain clans with blatant disregard for the community, that just don't care. I'm not going to name any clans, but we all know who they are.....

In all honesty the future of the clan world doesn't look good atm.

It's gone be fine, those mains always been a problem, it just has a bit of a rise lately because of some particular clans, but it will die off after a while anyways

The whining about 'pure community in a crisis' has been said since ever

It may be cancerous, but as far as I can tell it's going to continue to flourish with activity.

Those who love 1 def will probably cycle through the ever changing LPC/MPC scene while those who have passion for clanning in general with the most maxed out accounts acceptable by pure standards will continue to spread their ideals in HPCs. There may be more and more 30 Defence, but there's still going to be a great clanning world.

It may be cancerous, but as far as I can tell it's going to continue to flourish with activity.

Those who love 1 def will probably cycle through the ever changing LPC/MPC scene while those who have passion for clanning in general with the most maxed out accounts acceptable by pure standards will continue to spread their ideals in HPCs. There may be more and more 30 Defence, but there's still going to be a great clanning world.

That's a good point man, I'm worried about old school in general... We all play because we loved 07 RS, and the nostalgia, but these new players don't so much know how things were in 07. So unless they advertise OSRS, won't the overall player base take a hit at some point?

Could be me overthinking tbh

MY PREDICTIONS

Erhmm the clan community is growing rapidly.

Supremacy will close / merge with ruin or something.

AAO will mass-join a clan or slowly die

Doom will do the same thing they did as a mpc but in the hpc scene. Dominating win streaks just give it time etc

Doom will prob have another rivarly in the HPC

CD will loose alot of members to rage due to cd members finaly wanting quality

Deovtion will mass-join apex/slowly die

POP may pull it back and go MPC and brig some good compeition

Toxc will probz open another clan

CP will get weaker and weaker then mass auto-rank some mpc new-comers and get big again

Another HPC will open and compete for #1 along side, foe/doom

Bv - will go mpc and because hassan teachs their members that they cant accept defeat so they will close due to defeat. > bv bigger slump due to ego <

Note* - im clanless.

Honestly it's up to the ranks of each clan to enforce their members to not bring mains. Most MPC's are really good about this it's just OP and CD are cancer as fuck and need to go jerk each other off somewhere else

Why did you make this topic when your own clan was one of the biggest ones contributing to this cancerous scene by bringing 3 main clans with you on the latest p2p trip?

inb4 doom didn't bring any mains. Biggest contributor to the cancer alone, just in effort to look good and compete with other clans.