Why are we still restricting combat caps for preps?

موني

My main point was because other clans have these accounts and are still 1-5 def why are we restricting them. Also 101 combat isnt to bad to pk in w25 i've done it a few times. 

okay but u cant pk in most places past corp cuz 120s can attack u ruining group midweeks 

the amount of times hpc trips to lavas would get ended because of main clans like sv was ridiculous 

also although u "can" pk on it it is suboptimal

like i can pk on an account with 50 attack 30 def or whatever and get kills if im smart but it is far from optimal and ruins the point of having a pure

When combat levels rise, it becomes acceptable for people to come to trips on 20 def accounts.  It is easier to slip those accounts into fights.  Keeping the norm at 88 combat leaves no room for miss communicating what is acceptable.  I would rather keep the playing field level. If you want to get camped by a 124 main that is fine by me, but there is literally very minimal benefits of being higher combat.  I understand you get smited but that is apart of the excitement. 

Probably because if we don't then most people who only care about clanning will make their accounts the best that is acceptable in the scene. And we all know what that leads to once everyone gets attack/prayer and even defence.

Pushing it further than 88 (it should be 89 first off, since it's 1-5 defence & 75 / 5 / 52 maxes out @ 89 combat)  but by pushing it further than 88/89, I feel it opens the doors to higher defence. Once the combat levels are there because you're getting higher prayer, then people will be tempted to just get defence again. Plus, with higher combat comes easier ways for mains to camp you. 60 / 1 / 99 maxes out at 88 combat, 75 / 1 / 59 maxes out at 88 combat. The prayer low prayer level sucks, there's no doubt about that. But I'd rather have that then to continue creeping up towards what we had before.

So the cap should realistically be 89 if clans accept 1-5 defence. Let's keep it at that. If 89 combat, then 67 prayer is the highest you can get with 1 defence & 75 attack.