Why did you vote for trump/hillary

slushpuppy

78 members have voted

1. 1. Who did you vote for?

• Hillary
    • Trump

From Puerto Rico, can't vote even though we belong to the US (triggered).

For me this was probably the worst election candidates I had ever seen. We had Trump, a person with no political experience which has gone bankrupt few times and publically spoke about groping women. Then had Clinton who is probably one of the most corrupt candidates since Nixon. This includes leaving people to die in 2012.

I personally would of probably preferred giving Hillary 4 years then switching; reason being that during one of my short periods in the U.S. I was told by an American, "Can't wait to throw you over the wall you Mexican Cunt."

For some people it may seem as a joke, but I found it very disturbing and it basically ruined my time in the U.S.

But to be fair, the corruption from Hillary was actually a joke so I couldn't see her winning.

I learned something new today.

I thought you guys adopt the USD and have elections the same time as the US?

Yep, we even have "American Citizenship", but the constitution of the US does not allow anyone without electoral representation to vote. We then presented a plan to have at least minimal electoral representation for voting but it was declined as we are not a state. Finally in 2012 there was a vote on Commonwealth, Independence or Statehood and becoming a state won, it was presented to congress and 4 years later nothing has been said. It was probably just shrugged off.

Yep, we even have "American Citizenship", but the constitution of the US does not allow anyone without electoral representation to vote. We then presented a plan to have at least minimal electoral representation for voting but it was declined as we are not a state. Finally in 2012 there was a vote on Commonwealth, Independence or Statehood and becoming a state won, it was presented to congress and 4 years later nothing has been said. It was probably just shrugged off.

Do you have to pay taxes to the federal gov?

That's really brown sticky stuffty.. having the cake and eat it

Because Hillary is corrupt, deleted over 30,000 emails, stole about $400m donated to Haiti and used it to support her campaign, all while being under investigation by the fbi, and Trump doesnt like jews or bundle of twigsgots which is also a +

Trump might say dumb brown sticky stuff but he's harmless as long as congress is still a thing plus he said would withdraw all the troops from countries that they are currently intervening in to make America great again so let him do it also cut student loan debts, cut tax in lower and middle class, no "special interest groups" funding him unlike other candidates, his economic plans makes more sense than other candidates and Is better, whereas Hillary would have probably started world war 3 that corrupt bitch and her husband who destroyed Africa during his first term in office and created terror groups and i can go on and on but this is coming from a British pov

Before you say that trump is a racist he's only against uncontrolled illegal immigration hence "build a wall" next to Mexico not legal and he's encouraged it many times bc his grandparents were both immigrants, his wife is an immigrant also all his close business partners are immigrants

To be frank both candidates were ass.

Do you have to pay taxes to the federal gov?

That's really brown sticky stuffty.. having the cake and eat it

We pay 7% to federal government, then an additional 4.5% to the state government (this is with sales taxes, 11.5% total.). At least the cost for life in Puerto Rico isn't really that high. 

Because Hillary is corrupt, deleted over 30,000 emails, stole about $400m donated to Haiti and used it to support her campaign, all while being under investigation by the fbi, and Trump doesnt like jews or bundle of twigsgots which is also a +