Gay Pride on RuneScape

Fake Smile

im loling irl at the people complaining about this event. its runescape if u dont like it dont participate, who cares what political and moral views the developers of a child's game have

1hr4e8S.jpg

^ people that are mad at this lmfaooo

I don't understand their reasoning for wanting an LGQBT event. What do Jagex gain from this? This could just potentially alienate people who are LGBTQ who just want to get on with their lives and not have every piece of media and entertainment flooded with unnecessary coddling. People play RS to escape, not to be reminded of IRL brown sticky stuff.

There's a very vocal minority who ruin it for the rest, who think they're somehow entitled to attention and scream at every opportunity that they're special and/or oppressed. This is an example. It's Runescape, not the streets of Portland.

Virtue Signalling at its finest.

@

We were just speaking about this. As someone who is LGBTQ+ af, I understand this completely but when I first heard the news, I was shocked bc in a sense..its support. I was telling @ it'd be better for Jagex to come out with the well for donations.

OT:

Mod Wolf's presentation of this 'announcement' on his twitter was done wrong. It could have been centered around donations to the Well of Goodwill and incorporate other issues aside from LGBTQ+ but color schemed the well with a rainbow.  It wasn't necessary to put into the game but I can see the standpoint in where it could be spoken about. I honestly the approach was done better but I hope the event goes well. 

The fact that staff from a multi-million worth capitalist gaming company who constantly abuses it's community, takes advantage of it players and robs them - as well as ruining what they love because they're more intrested in making money off them, could care about the LGBT community is absurd.

The fact that staff from a multi-million worth capitalist gaming company who constantly abuses it's community, takes advantage of it players and robs them - as well as ruining what they love because they're more intrested in making money off them, could care about the LGBT community is absurd.

because making money means you cant have an opinion