Regarding Conquest

puppyslush

Sharkbrew originally had a gentlemen's agreement with Conquest with regards to mutual advertising. Unfortunately the deal fell through and we parted ways amicably- or so I thought. So for the sake of transparency and to clear the air around this situation, I will be disclosing the full logs that went on between me and one of the founders of Conquest.

image.png.9a5039df76aec3e6881c92c9ffa1bc58.png

image.png.a533b67039316126020abef8ab4ed88f.pngimage.png.589f7b5c234db8092f28eb7f2577ab0d.png

image.png.b6914ec4de1b7e5e60a93f59fd3bf13f.png

image.png.371d927f94cf4f9a8f63ce0020fe6b5a.png

image.thumb.png.71aaac485492ae02e5582cf74b83554e.png

image.png.27fd54c1019a85aa4b3bf65a505bc060.png

image.png.cfd79292f7a1632a57d67a940ba0a6f8.png

image.png.365b6ccf5ff1cde95727c9c43431e792.png

image.png.22c9fce57f8168daad831f864e7fd440.png

image.png

2 minutes ago, iObsession said:

conquest actually managed to run a smooth tournament yday

u guys r ass

I was able to help them out before they hosted their last two events. They had their own gist but I was able to help them pan out for possible conflicts and some rules to assist. Most of my conversations with their group were made over voice.

I am happy to hear their event came out to be successful. It's sad to see that they're trying to discredit some of the staff especially when I spent a fair bit of my time to assist with their guidelines.

I feel working with conquest is a step in the right direction, however both parties up to know have lacked communication. 

As a whole no offence to sharkbrew mods, yes your last rvb community event was succesful.. 5 MONTHS AGO, Conquest events have already organized events which you's haven't engaging the community. I personally believe that community events and acting upon feedback given several months ago is NOT quick enough progress to moving the community in the right direction. Also the lack of engagement from clans towards the events, or even clans acting broccolied (refer to the last 2v2 fullout) has to stop. 

I agree with slush referring back our conversation that Conquest should advertise sharkbrew in their next event in good faith, to re-pay the backstabbing. Moving forward from this I feel working hand in hand with a cause like this is ONLY GOOD for the scene.

As a whole a community united is better than one seperated, I hope I'm able to help in uniting two good causes, and giving it the backing it needs 

2 minutes ago, Kim said:

I was able to help them out before they hosted their last two events. They had their own gist but I was able to help them pan out for possible conflicts and some rules to assist. Most of my conversations with their group were made over voice.

I am happy to hear their event came out to be successful. It's sad to see that they're trying to discredit some of the staff especially when I spent a fair bit of my time to assist with their guidelines.

stop acting like you're my friend in public.

I hope to work with you guys in the future.

I support the community and I want to see growth and entertainment from

both parties.

There was a misunderstanding with the advertisement I didn’t think we came to an agreement of yet reason I never posted links or logos on your behalf, sorry for this.

Thanks to all your staff for their work what they managed to help us with @Kim  @slushpuppeh.

- Conquest Events

I didn't have time yet to read all the logs but here is my input:

From what I know, Conquest is running their events non-profit - Sharkbrew Isn't, not from events, but in general. You are making a buck.

If Sharkbrew's mission is truly to enhance the pure clanning scene why would you need a fee from Event hoster to advertise their events? If i were to host a private miniwar cup, would i have to pay you 50m to post the topic? 

Kinda same thing how your mods asked me to pay a fee for them to solve some scamming issues, it's a goddamn community. And if things still are like they are, aren't the "Head" mods getting paid for their work already?

7 minutes ago, Tuk said:

From what I know, Conquest is running their events non-profit - Sharkbrew Isn't, not from events, but in general. You are making a buck.

If Sharkbrew's mission is truly to enhance the pure clanning scene why would you need a free from Event hoster to advertise their events? If i were to host a private miniwar cup, would i have to pay you 50m to post the topic? 

Kinda same thing how your mods asked me to pay a fee for them to solve some scamming issues, it's a goddamn community. And if things still are like they are, aren't the "Head" mods getting paid for their work already?

this man nailed it on the head

ur making this some sort of profitable organisation for urself @slushpuppeh u justin beiber ass weirdo

im sure the reason 4 this site is to help the pure community

aka let the guys get on with what they're doing

9 minutes ago, Tuk said:

If Sharkbrew's mission is truly to enhance the pure clanning scene why would you need a free from Event hoster to advertise their events? If i were to host a private miniwar cup, would i have to pay you 50m to post the topic? 

@Tuk 

From speaking to both parties that 50m fee was like a deposit to ensure slush got his advertisement end of the bargain too, however i agree with you saying its a an event hosted by lewis who is taking his own money out to pay for the events 

14 hours ago, Tuk said:

If Sharkbrew's mission is truly to enhance the pure clanning scene why would you need a fee from Event hoster to advertise their events? If i were to host a private miniwar cup, would i have to pay you 50m to post the topic? 

Pretty much this, oh all we're interested in is supporting the community.. when it's profitable to us..

If you really want Sharkbrew to succeed, rebuild yourself a team that have no direct ties to the pure community (actually pay the rank team & start to push SB as a company, yes you might run at a loss at first), spend time building the communities/clans trust back & stop enforcing half-assed rules that do nothing but push the scene further adrift. If you want to run Sharkbrew like a business then at least do it properly, the only reason SB is still afloat is because it is a somewhat necessary evil for clans to communicate & base their position within the scene.

33 minutes ago, Tuk said:

You have to coin in that some of our expenses have gone into the actual hosting of the website. Brew is Louis on the forums. The three of us had a misunderstanding on how the agreement was suppose to go. You wouldn't have to pay us to post the topic whatsoever. But, you'd have to talk to us in some sort of way if it may take away a bit from our current event. As I stated in earlier comments, I did assist Conquest on some of their guideline-making and helped them with some future problem solving. I personally don't make a buck off the website and don't have the interest to. 

17 minutes ago, Brap said:

Pretty much this, oh all we're interested in is supporting the community.. when it's profitable to us..

If you really want Sharkbrew to succeed, rebuild yourself a team that have no direct ties to the pure community (actually pay the rank team & start to push SB as a company, yes you will run at a loss at first), spend time building the communities/clans trust back & stop enforcing half-assed rules that do nothing but push the scene further adrift. If you want to run Sharkbrew like a business then at least do it properly, the only reason SB is still afloat is because it is a somewhat necessary evil for clans to communicate & base their position within the scene.

Thank you for your feedback.

5 minutes ago, Kim said:

You have to coin in that some of our expenses have gone into the actual hosting of the website. Brew is Louis on the forums. The three of us had a misunderstanding on how the agreement was suppose to go. You wouldn't have to pay us to post the topic whatsoever. But, you'd have to talk to us in some sort of way if it may take away a bit from our current event.

Obvs they do, and I'm quite sure adds pay you way more than hosting takes.

I wouldn't have to pay buy Conquest would have to give a loan and have huge ass logos on stream? What if there were no stream? They would have to pay more or compensate in some other way?

6 minutes ago, Tuk said:

Obvs they do, and I'm quite sure adds pay you way more than hosting takes.

I wouldn't have to pay buy Conquest would have to give a loan and have huge ass logos on stream? 

You have to bare in mind, we haven't always had a bunch of sponsors. When we did,  we used to give out payouts on systems. Our expenses aren't solely keeping the website up but other things such as protection.  Until recently, we've got a good amount of ads to coin around our own events and systems. I am suppose to be making this topic a bit later today. (Which I'm excited to make since its going to include other info.) 

You have to look at the timestamps. Originally, there was no suppose any sort of payment aside from advertising Sharkbrew during their livestream.  Re-reading slushpuppy's topic, he did include this piece of info -_-

4 minutes ago, Kim said:

You have to bare in mind, we haven't always had a bunch of sponsors. When we did,  we used to give out payouts on systems. Our expenses aren't solely keeping the website up but other things such as protection.  Until recently, we've got a good amount of ads to coin around our own events and systems. I am suppose to be making this topic a bit later today. (Which I'm excited to make since its going to include other info.) 

You have to look at the timestamps. Originally, there was no suppose any sort of payment aside from advertising Sharkbrew during their livestream.  Re-reading slushpuppy's topic, he did include this piece of info -_-

What if there were no stream? They would have to pay more or compensate in some other way?

Just now, Tuk said:

What if there were no stream? They would have to pay more or compensate in some other way?

There would have always been a mutual agreement on terms of advertisement. No fees or deposits. You really have to re-read the logs and follow the timestamps.  

1 minute ago, Kim said:

There would have always been a mutual agreement on terms of advertisement. No fees or deposits. You really have to re-read the logs and follow the timestamps.  

Yes I've read them etc

I still don't get why would you honestly even NEED them to advertise for you - they offered it first which is nice of them. But if your mission is to make the scene better - why don't you let a man, who is giving money from his own pocket to the community not let advertise? Without YOU - not the community getting something in return?

35 minutes ago, Tuk said:

Ok read them now, my opinion didn't change tho. Why would you need the deposit? They are not trying to steal your business, nor making any profit themselves - like you are. 

We were more than happy to help them out for free until they used us. Whether they are making profit or trying to steal my users is irrelevant. We entered into an agreement on good faith but they broke the agreement. We are free to take all measures and means necessary to protect our interests

And look at the laughable amount of profit i am making from sharkbrew hahaahah

image.png.7836a4ae9c18056cc4b2a8140a6b13a5.png

Just now, Tuk said:

Yes I've read them etc

I still don't get why would you honestly even NEED them to advertise for you - they offered it first which is nice of them.

But if your mission is to make the scene better - why don't you let a man, who is giving money from his own pocket to the community not let advertise? Without YOU - not the community getting something in return?

Community does get something in return, when their users who have never heard of Sharkbrew use the website. It helps get new blood who may be interested in clanning to take part. 

7 minutes ago, Tuk said:

Yes I've read them etc

I still don't get why would you honestly even NEED them to advertise for you - they offered it first which is nice of them. But if your mission is to make the scene better - why don't you let a man, who is giving money from his own pocket to the community not let advertise? Without YOU - not the community getting something in return?

Sharkbrew doesn't have any sort of twitch presence and we planned to utilize his network to build publicity for the upcoming RvB.

2 minutes ago, slushpuppeh said:

We were more than happy to help them out for free until they used us. Whether they are making profit or trying to steal my users is irrelevant. We entered into an agreement on good faith but they broke the agreement.

And look at the laughable amount of profit i am making from sharkbrew hahaahah

image.png.7836a4ae9c18056cc4b2a8140a6b13a5.png

They are not stealing your users. Extra activity ain't bad lol, if it was something like sharkbrew I would get you, but at this point it feels just cauliflower. 

Also the amount that you are making is really irrelevant as you are making some + that is only Google Adsense - not Pservers/gold sellers which pay in bulk. But it is not the point - as you are still making some. Like I am with gfx.

And obviously it is your site and you can run it how ever you want but just seems really hypocrite to me to ride with "making the community better" and then not letting private non-profit event host advertise his events. 

a3c154b3a0cdc332710dd3b353868b5f.png

Obviously my arguing depends on the fact that he is speaking the truth here.