F2P implications for clanning

slushpuppy

F2P implications for clanning  

186 members have voted

1. 1. If F2P passes, will it have a negative or positive effect on clanning?

• Positive
    • Negative

Anything that gives a boost in players will be beneficial for the size of the pure community. I'm sure it will definitely help out the lpc community.

Depending on whether or not jagex make any of their brainstormed F2P nerfs, it could also keep a number of people in the community who would've elsewise quit due to not wanting to pay for membership.

For what I see, it can only be good news for the longevity of the community.

Well mainly good, it will bring a lot of old and new people to the game that can start playing as F2p to actually start building your account, it will also give you a chance to start building a bank before you expand to the P2p worlds to improve it even more.

Although, the only negative side of F2p passes is that clans might start pulling for instnace 80 to f2p trips and maybe only 40 for p2p, It's not bad pulling high for f2p trips, absolutely not, but the pulls would be unstable and the activity within the clan would have a chance to drop.

The effects will be astronomical for the pure community.

Right now we're sitting on the edge of the first major "boom" period of the second generation of pure clanning, and if Oldschool goes F2P that would be the catalyst to push the community over the edge. To put it into some sort of perspective, there has been 3 'golden ages' in my opinion of pure clanning throughout history.

• The first major golden age came in 2007, after three years of building the foundations of the community by MM/Fi/others from 2004 until then. Pulls and activity levels were at the highest they'd ever been and competition was awesome. Then the wilderness got removed.
  • After rebuilding throughout the BH/PCL era, the 2nd major boom period came towards the middle of 2009 until probably the end of 2010 with the reintroduction of the wilderness at the end of 08/start of 09 and the stabilizing of clans in light of this change.
  • The third and final boom period was what we call "Pre-EOC", where, despite being slightly less active/much more toxic, the pure community was thriving. Then of course EOC cut that short.

When Old School came it was clear alot had changed, with most of the first generation of pure clanners (2004-2012) had moved on, and the younger, more fresh second generation (IE, the people now) taking their place with new clans. Even the older clans changed their staff/leadership to better reflect this new generation. This is the first 'major' boom period for these guys.

Right now pulls are finally skyrocketing back up with clans pulling 70+ consistently for the first time in ages, clans such as FOE and TLP are reopening and of course there are a bunch of successful new clans like ZU/SUP/LT/RD and the LPC's that are thriving such as Trauma/Imperial/Olympus/Chaos that exemplify the new generation.

With F2P coming, it can only build on the foundation that has been built from the start of old school until this point. I can see lots more players coming back and bolstering the pulls of the existing 15+ clans into previously unseen pulls of old school. In terms of new clans, real LPC's will spring up organically if the community is in the right place and will form the foundation for the future.

To conclude, I genuinely believe that this will allow the 'old school' generation to see a golden age akin to that of the first three boom periods with new clans and an influx of new players into the community. How they'll handle this is to be seen, but time will tell.

Anything that gives a boost in players will be beneficial for the size of the pure community. I'm sure it will definitely help out the lpc community.

Depending on whether or not jagex make any of their brainstormed F2P nerfs, it could also keep a number of people in the community who would've elsewise quit due to not wanting to pay for membership.

For what I see, it can only be good news for the longevity of the community.

EoP will probably close because FOE reopening slumped us to 20 pulls a month ago.

in all srsness this is the best new since 07 was released, its come too late in my opinion as a lot of potential people returning from pre-eoc will never come back now, but it will make it more encouraging to new users

The effects will be astronomical for the pure community.

Right now we're sitting on the edge of the first major "boom" period of the second generation of pure clanning, and if Oldschool goes F2P that would be the catalyst to push the community over the edge. To put it into some sort of perspective, there has been 3 'golden ages' in my opinion of pure clanning throughout history.

• The first major golden age came in 2007, after three years of building the foundations of the community by MM/Fi/others from 2004 until then. Pulls and activity levels were at the highest they'd ever been and competition was awesome. Then the wilderness got removed.
  • After rebuilding throughout the BH/PCL era, the 2nd major boom period came towards the middle of 2009 until probably the end of 2010 with the reintroduction of the wilderness at the end of 08/start of 09 and the stabilizing of clans in light of this change.
  • The third and final boom period was what we call "Pre-EOC", where, despite being slightly less active/much more toxic, the pure community was thriving. Then of course EOC cut that short.

When Old School came it was clear alot had changed, with most of the first generation of pure clanners (2004-2012) had moved on, and the younger, more fresh second generation (IE, the people now) taking their place with new clans. Even the older clans changed their staff/leadership to better reflect this new generation. This is the first 'major' boom period for these guys.

Right now pulls are finally skyrocketing back up with clans pulling 70+ consistently for the first time in ages, clans such as FOE and TLP are reopening and of course there are a bunch of successful new clans like ZU/SUP/LT/RD and the LPC's that are thriving such as Trauma/Imperial/Olympus/Chaos that exemplify the new generation.

With F2P coming, it can only build on the foundation that has been built from the start of old school until this point. I can see lots more players coming back and bolstering the pulls of the existing 15+ clans into previously unseen pulls of old school. In terms of new clans, real LPC's will spring up organically if the community is in the right place and will form the foundation for the future.

To conclude, I genuinely believe that this will allow the 'old school' generation to see a golden age akin to that of the first three boom periods with new clans and an influx of new players into the community. How they'll handle this is to be seen, but time will tell.

Very well said indeed. I too predict a fourth 'boom' in the next 6 or so months with a massive influx of new players. Providing we can mature up as a community a bit and be more welcoming to the 'newbundle of twigss', we might be able to relive the glory days of 2007/2010/Pre-Eoc. I'm really excited to see where things go in the near future ^.^

Prosperity to the pure community :D

I am not @@Ivp so no story will be written. But, if F2p comes out with no tragic limitations; masser clans will form, more pures will join the community, and as a result more people in LPC/MPC/HPC clans. Also more people to convert (that is why some F2p masser clans in pre-eoc had a 30 defence cap).

Kind of a cauliflower question...of course it will have a negative connotation towards the pure community. Once F2P is released F2P pvp will increase, people making pures to fight 1v1 and eventually Multi will be packed. The first F2P trial said it all...so glad that I get to see a spark of the game that once was glorious, every clan should start pulling immensely because of this and hopefully if it is the way I believe it will be then it will be back alive and running againing. F2P pures will be limited, and thus have the choice to make subscriptions and partake in P2P clanning....honestly not sure why jagex just fucking thought of this now? they should have done this on release would have been a sick 2 years already. LPC's will skyrocket and multi explode, can't wait to remake my f2p pure 40att, 1def 1 pray straight str/range m8.