Pure Community: A New Future

Adam

The Pure Community  

112 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do, if the pure community changed as stated in this post?

• Embrace The Change
    • I Like Way Things Are

The pure community is a small minority compared to the rest of Runescape community, noone outside the pure community embraces or likes it hence why multiple polls have been voted no for pures getting more of an advantage.

This game wasn't made for pures, we are just a sub community who enjoy that aspect of the game so Jagex or the community will never approve or any drastics changes to the game to benefit pures.

Plus the pure community is filled with majority of spastics or 2k16 clanners who have no idea of what the community/scene used to be aside from Youtube videos.

Nice points though and I'm sure the long serving clanners will agree with most of your points but nothing will happen or come of this post.

you are actually cauliflower in the fucking head lmao

EVERYTHING IN LIFE HAS A NATURAL PROGRESSION - it gets better, peaks, then it slowly dies (sometimes it is stopped through developments) but most likely dies

no matter what people will get defence and use mains in the pure community and it's better to just accept that lol - the pure community is filled with 15-22 year olds who aren't logical thinkers and want the easy way out and nothing you can do will change that attitude. 

the couple of hundred of people who got 30def aren't going to make new accounts because somebody told them so - they simply will just keep using it or join a clan that allows 30 defence

let clanning die lol it's cancer just let people quit rs sucks anyway stop trying

I agree with everything you're saying. But 70% of the pure community are total assholes, nothing is going to change that. Clans will always ddos, hack, flame, bring mains, etc. The community will never not be toxic, nobody is ever going to permanently fix the problems we face. Gl nonetheless 

This the type attitude has brought on years of destruction in our society; WWI, WWII, etc. Never just accept something, we as humans were born with a choice and logical thought to make structural change. 

i play in a honorable way but there will always be influencial people who dont.

things didnt just one day turn out to what they are now, it grew into it over the years and it has for a reason(mostly people putting themselves over honor). Just like ww1/ww2 happened for a reason and shaped society as it now is.

I agree with everything you're saying. But 70% of the pure community are total assholes, nothing is going to change that. Clans will always ddos, hack, flame, bring mains, etc. The community will never not be toxic, nobody is ever going to permanently fix the problems we face. Gl nonetheless 

this

most of the respectable ppl that made clanning great quit (mm,e ect)

It is very idealistic but the fact of the matter is that every pure clan (even the self loving foe) are involved with making the community cancerous, whether it's through mains, hacking, ddossing and general cancer. The problem with someone spearheading such a movement is that if the others do not take part, the head of the movement will become a target and face repurcussions.We tried something similar with the 'no mains this weekend', and all but two clans obeyed including the ones who announced it (cp/cd). If such a simple concept can't be held by all of the clans, then something as extravagant as this will not work.

If something as huge as this was to be worked on in the pure community, it would require cooperation from every pure clan and would need to be worked on one step at a time. I do know that the "no more mains" is possible, considering all but two pure clans kept their word, but until those who completely rely on those means toss aside their ego and make sacrifices it will be impossible.

Not to mention, there would be a decline in the community if everyone was to start over their accounts. Not many people have the time, and botting new ones up can be too risky.

@@Adam I like the whole idea, but I think personally baby steps would need to be taken in order to achieve something like or similar to this.

The only real way to do this is if Jagex made something like "pure iron man" accounts. Basically it could work in a system where your account is locked at 1-20 def, you can only attack other pure iron men, and defense beyond 20 is locked. It would solve the main and defense problem.

It is very idealistic but the fact of the matter is that every pure clan (even the self loving foe) are involved with making the community cancerous, whether it's through mains, hacking, ddossing and general cancer. The problem with someone spearheading such a movement is that if the others do not take part, the head of the movement will become a target and face repurcussions.We tried something similar with the 'no mains this weekend', and all but two clans obeyed including the ones who announced it (cp/cd). If such a simple concept can't be held by all of the clans, then something as extravagant as this will not work.

If something as huge as this was to be worked on in the pure community, it would require cooperation from every pure clan and would need to be worked on one step at a time. I do know that the "no more mains" is possible, considering all but two pure clans kept their word, but until those who completely rely on those means toss aside their ego and make sacrifices it will be impossible.

Not to mention, there would be a decline in the community if everyone was to start over their accounts. Not many people have the time, and botting new ones up can be too risky.

@@Adam I like the whole idea, but I think personally baby steps would need to be taken in order to achieve something like or similar to this.

Well, you could start with just going xLPC first, which solves the "training" since an LPC account takes like 2 weeks max if your slow AF like me. Start a bracket for  -50 CMB and no prayers. And go from there.