Sharkbrew Suggestions/Problems

sup kyle

hmmmmm ah yes where to start. I believe over time we will have one community again and honestly looking at both websites I see potential in both and may make a post on both. I'll state a few of the problems/suggestions though below.

• COTM system - Made prep activity go down when in reality it tried to increase it. This system needs to be simplified and needs to not penalize clans for being active. I can speak on COTM another time in an actual discussion with those who make the decisions (if you'll actually listen, suggestions were practically fucked off).
  • Declaration system - Needs removal. Will go into it later if you want me to.
  • Control (not the clan) - I believe this website's intentions are fine, it's cool we can all flame eachother whatever. However, this goes to an extreme where we do not moderate those who speak on DDOSing, hacking (unless it's Lenin then we give that clan special treatment and ban them) or mains. I can go reply to a topic saying I'll ddos the fuck outta their ts and send packets and then say haha cya later with my 50 mains and nothing will happen. Lack of action glorifies actual actions like this. The only thing actually moderated on this website is IRL brown sticky stuff which is cool but yea. Controversies like COTM and other brown sticky stuff are also manned horribly.
  • Punishments that don't fit the crime. People hack others on this game all the time. Member A of Clan A hacks Member B of Clan B and nothing happens. Member of CD hacks Lenin, entire clan gets banned from Sharkbrew - causing a new pure community website to form (ultimately). Obviously this doesn't matter anymore as you guys revoked the ban but this was dumb as fuck and I thought I'd mention it.
  • Allowing people to make fake accounts - I don't know if Sharkbrew will ever address this but people on the internet do and say more cauliflower brown sticky stuff than normal when under complete anonymity. I think RSW has a good system of this and it would be cool to see Sharkbrew maintain this somehow for at least the clan sections of the website. This will allow actual discussions to take place because then people will know who they're actually talking to instead of trashcan speaking to dirtbag it'll be kyle speaking to john or something.
  • Activity? If Sharkbrew wants more of it how about SHARKBREW TOURNAMENTS. Not Andre off of backpages with his half-assed winter cup (sorry pal but a respected shouldn't be making tournaments when we have an actual website with a ladder system). Use your ladder system for seeding for seasonal tournaments. It's easy, hell I could run it. If clans want a better seed they can do more preps.

I'd like an actual discussion on this but if you'd like to, feel free to get your +1s in or flame me. If Sharkbrew wants I'd like to have a discussion with its counselors and moderators on their TS sometime. I'd like to have an actual decent community website which I haven't seen since maybe 2010 or 2011.

I like where you're coming from and it's good to see some other members try take initiative and create a spark but honestly it's 2017 everyone is getting older and has done their time.

If the community was going to take a turn for the better it would have happened by now but unfortunately everyone has gotten used to the fact of 30+ def, mains and teaming.

There's no drive or motivation to clan anymore and that's taken it's toll on the community and seeing that 50% of the sharkbrew members are edgeville Osrs clanners they know no different to how it all works now.

All we are doing is delaying the inevitable.

• COTM system - Made prep activity go down when in reality it tried to increase it. This system needs to be simplified and needs to not penalize clans for being active. I can speak on COTM another time in an actual discussion with those who make the decisions (if you'll actually listen, suggestions were practically fucked off).

Answer: This will be addressed and it is in our biggest intentions helping the community with its activity. Moni was recently working alone with this system, it is not easy running it alone, but now it will have a group of people with different ideas and views on it. The community is free to suggest ideas, we will try our best to keep track of them. If you feel your suggestion was ignored, feel free to private message any rank about it.

Answer: I would need further understanding of this.

• Control (not the clan) - I believe this website's intentions are fine, it's cool we can all flame eachother whatever. However, this goes to an extreme where we do not moderate those who speak on DDOSing, hacking (unless it's Lenin then we give that clan special treatment and ban them) or mains. I can go reply to a topic saying I'll ddos the fuck outta their ts and send packets and then say haha cya later with my 50 mains and nothing will happen. Lack of action glorifies actual actions like this. The only thing actually moderated on this website is IRL brown sticky stuff which is cool but yea. Controversies like COTM and other brown sticky stuff are also manned horribly.

Answer: On behalf of the new rank team, we will try our best to handle with these personal attacks launched at people/clans. If you see one of these posts not dealt with though, report it, sometimes we truly do not see them. Controversies will now be dealt by a bigger unit, hopefully this would benefit the community. If this isn't handled correctly though, I am sure we can include clan representatives into the discussion.

• Punishments that don't fit the crime. People hack others on this game all the time. Member A of Clan A hacks Member B of Clan B and nothing happens. Member of CD hacks Lenin, entire clan gets banned from Sharkbrew - causing a new pure community website to form (ultimately). Obviously this doesn't matter anymore as you guys revoked the ban but this was dumb as fuck and I thought I'd mention it.

Answer: It is not always easy to justify who hacked who. Everything is easily manipulated. Regarding CD's actions, they publicly hacked someone who was working to the benefit of the community. I do understand what you mean about their punishment, but now that it has been lifted, we can only hope they look at it in an understanding way. 

• Allowing people to make fake accounts - I don't know if Sharkbrew will ever address this but people on the internet do and say more cauliflower brown sticky stuff than normal when under complete anonymity. I think RSW has a good system of this and it would be cool to see Sharkbrew maintain this somehow for at least the clan sections of the website. This will allow actual discussions to take place because then people will know who they're actually talking to instead of trashcan speaking to dirtbag it'll be kyle speaking to john or something.

Answer: This is something that will be addressed some time this year. 

• Activity? If Sharkbrew wants more of it how about SHARKBREW TOURNAMENTS. Not Andre off of backpages with his half-assed winter cup (sorry pal but a respected shouldn't be making tournaments when we have an actual website with a ladder system). Use your ladder system for seeding for seasonal tournaments. It's easy, hell I could run it. If clans want a better seed they can do more preps.

Answer: We actually have a couple of individuals with things in mind, myself included. Hopefully our organization is good enough for a successful, drama-free tournament. 

I hope I covered everything to a satisfactory level. If you want me to give further information on one of my answers, feel free to message me.

ty for topic but not gonna read it

eop?

didnt read

eop; fake account

zybez did this 2 u

eop

ty for topic but not gonna read it

eop

didnt read btw lol haha

fake account

Just keeping track of the irrelevant posts on this topic. So far 3/4 EOP members and two fake accounts. Will keep going tbh.

@ you gave me a lot of fluff and no details. I'm not sure if this is because you guys aren't actually working on anything or if you guys are keeping it on the DL. I'd like to meet with your staff sometime and hammer some stuff out and/or hear some things. If you want to you can message me some of your stuff like your tournament idea with more detail, I'd like to hear.

hmmmmm ah yes where to start. I believe over time we will have one community again and honestly looking at both websites I see potential in both and may make a post on both. I'll state a few of the problems/suggestions though below.

• I'll be happy to listen, but from the perspective of Sharkbrew ranks, the ambassadors basically gave us extreme suggestions that could not be implemented by itself
    • Secondly, we set the bar higher for COTM so clans would actually pull more and hopefully increased activity, instead the opposite happened. It seems that people were completely comfortable pulling brown sticky stuff 17v17s to a prep.
    • Due to rework & relaunch in feb, sure I can talk to u regarding
    • Yeah I will be editing the rules soon
    • we were planning on a site-wide punishment on clans for bringing mains, but considering pretty much no1 has replied to my topic in Amb boards, I guess mains are here to stay
    • Imagine you come on to see that CD had hacked one of ur most hardworking ranks & they mass logged to sharkbrew and spammed "GF" lenin almost 200 times.
    • We will be introducing a verified systems, but personally banning people on some arbitrary basis that they are fake is quite petty
    • Apply for mod.

I'd like an actual discussion on this but if you'd like to, feel free to get your +1s in or flame me. If Sharkbrew wants I'd like to have a discussion with its counselors and moderators on their TS sometime. I'd like to have an actual decent community website which I haven't seen since maybe 2010 or 2011.

xxxzzxx

xxxzzxx

Thanks for response. Unfortunately I'm not an ambassador right now, I suppose I could apply as I'd love to add myself to the discussions. I did apply for mediator however and never got much feedback on it (go check the apps).

About the CD mass-logging onto Sharkbrew, we have no idea how many did it besides you I suppose and the fake accounts had a lot to do with that. Yes, you can't ban people as of now for using random accounts but you can avoid the problem by as you said, implementing the system.

Sorry I'm going out of order but about the declarations I'll include that with my COTM suggestions. I'll either just go on TS sometime or make a message and mass-message it to your mediators.

Thanks for response. Unfortunately I'm not an ambassador right now, I suppose I could apply as I'd love to add myself to the discussions. I did apply for mediator however and never got much feedback on it (go check the apps).

About the CD mass-logging onto Sharkbrew, we have no idea how many did it besides you I suppose and the fake accounts had a lot to do with that. Yes, you can't ban people as of now for using random accounts but you can avoid the problem by as you said, implementing the system.

Sorry I'm going out of order but about the declarations I'll include that with my COTM suggestions. I'll either just go on TS sometime or make a message and mass-message it to your mediators.

Yeah sure, lmk when we can have a chat on ts.

I wouldn't call them fake accounts as they are as real as the human using it- try flaming CD and watch 5 of them jump on you- they are just merely accounts using anonymous alias. All this should not absolve CD of what they had done however.

more midweeks more preps less mains pls.

Back when there was still an mpc wave, clans actually went out more often because of wcotm. Rage / cd / op / ruin , all were active as fuck during the week. It shouldn't be, but wcotm motivates clans. 

retweet