Sharkbrew Suggestions/Problems

sup kyle

I like where you're coming from and it's good to see some other members try take initiative and create a spark but honestly it's 2017 everyone is getting older and has done their time.

If the community was going to take a turn for the better it would have happened by now but unfortunately everyone has gotten used to the fact of 30+ def, mains and teaming.

There's no drive or motivation to clan anymore and that's taken it's toll on the community and seeing that 50% of the sharkbrew members are edgeville Osrs clanners they know no different to how it all works now.

All we are doing is delaying the inevitable.

Who's gona read all this lol

me? and it took literally 60 seconds

Agreed with almost all of it

Another point: disputing a topic shouldnt be so difficult, you should let anyone and everyone dispute topics. Maybe we can make this a thing by simply posting a reply to the aftermath with pics taken from the topic highlighting mains etc. and write in big bold letters "I AM DISPUTING THIS TOPIC" if it has enough evidence take it seriously.

Right now u need about 27828283 pieces of evidence for a topic to be locked and only ambassadors can dispute, so they can't be fucked.

I understand it's very subjective and hard to moderate, but common sense and a few pics as evidence goes a long way - I really think disputes should be taken far more seriously. If u can't work out if a dispute is strong enough then take it to a vote between higher ranks to see if they accept it. Any successful dispute should result in an aftermath being REMOVED not just locked

Another point: disputing a topic shouldnt be so difficult, you should let anyone and everyone dispute topics. Maybe we can make this a thing by simply posting a reply to the aftermath with pics taken from the topic highlighting mains etc. and write in big bold letters "I AM DISPUTING THIS TOPIC" if it has enough evidence take it seriously.

Right now u need about 27828283 pieces of evidence for a topic to be locked and only ambassadors can dispute, so they can't be fucked.

I understand it's very subjective and hard to moderate, but common sense and a few pics as evidence goes a long way - I really think disputes should be taken far more seriously. If u can't work out if a dispute is strong enough then take it to a vote between higher ranks to see if they accept it. Any successful dispute should result in an aftermath being REMOVED not just locked

I like where you're coming from and it's good to see some other members try take initiative and create a spark but honestly it's 2017 everyone is getting older and has done their time.

If the community was going to take a turn for the better it would have happened by now but unfortunately everyone has gotten used to the fact of 30+ def, mains and teaming.

There's no drive or motivation to clan anymore and that's taken it's toll on the community and seeing that 50% of the sharkbrew members are edgeville Osrs clanners they know no different to how it all works now.

All we are doing is delaying the inevitable.

This is the typical response of someone who put zero thought into whats actually going on. If you pay attention to anything the game itself is more active then it's ever been- the issue at the moment is creating a community where new players feel welcomed and have events that they can enjoy. 

If you don't like 30+ defence come to the LPC

Do you really expect the same people to just cycle throughout the community for the next 10 years? of course there will be new recruits and people from edgeville..this apparent 'old school' mentality that bringing new pures to the community through edgeville hurts the community shows you don't really know the history of pure clanning. We all started somewhere if you think that the same people that played during your peak of enjoyment will continue to play forever..yeah you may aswell quit now..WHO WOULDNT WANT NEW PLAYERS INTO THE COMMUNITY? I'm positive we'll be here when you get back

If you want to play with the same people you've been playing with for years make a team

Btw I am also a support for change so that makes 3 of us? If you tried reaching out to others who also felt the same way maybe things would get done? But instead you rather have a bogus reply pretending you're too good to help restore the pure community we all enjoy.

I haven't read through the thread beyond the OP, so I'm not sure where the convo is at right now, I'm at work so I don't have time. I do want to respond to some points though.

Over the past couple of days I have been inquiring certain individuals to get a grasp on the general attitude towards fixing the status quo. A system is in the works. I will not implement it until the community has closed the divide a bit more. Right now, working on it and fine tuning it is all that can be done. More information will be released as I feel it's relevant, but I refuse to open a broken system to public comment simply because you refuse to have a civil conversation free of flame, and it'll burn up before anything can be fixed.

That's really all, just know my thumb is only partially up my ass, not knuckle deep. We're working in it.

This is the typical response of someone who put zero thought into whats actually going on. If you pay attention to anything the game itself is more active then it's ever been- the issue at the moment is creating a community where new players feel welcomed and have events that they can enjoy.

If you don't like 30+ defence come to the LPC

Do you really expect the same people to just cycle throughout the community for the next 10 years? of course there will be new recruits and people from edgeville..this apparent 'old school' mentality that bringing new pures to the community through edgeville hurts the community shows you don't really know the history of pure clanning. We all started somewhere if you think that the same people that played during your peak of enjoyment will continue to play forever..yeah you may aswell quit now..WHO WOULDNT WANT NEW PLAYERS INTO THE COMMUNITY? I'm positive we'll be here when you get back

If you want to play with the same people you've been playing with for years make a team

Btw I am also a support for change so that makes 3 of us? If you tried reaching out to others who also felt the same way maybe things would get done? But instead you rather have a bogus reply pretending you're too good to help restore the pure community we all enjoy.

The game might be flourishing but the pure community is far from what it used to be in terms of activity and community.

Creating an environment for new people to join won't work like I said in my comment if you actually read it properly I point that out.

The way the community is now it's acceptable for all the inappropriate things that are going on to happen, if it was going to change it would have changed already when it started going to brown sticky stuff back in late 2015.

Everyone did start somewhere and like I said if you actually read what I said you'll understand, edgeville recruitsare fine and have never hurt the game although duringand 2017 these new edgeville recruits will come into the community at this point of time where it's fucking brown sticky stuff and we have the problems with mains, hacking, doxing, dosing etc.

Them coming into a community like it as now apposed to what it was breeds the next lot of people involved into the pure community and seeing what they entered into that's what they get used to and they further themselves with that mentality that it's all okay.

I'm not going to reach out and try save anything for 3 reasons

1 - Nothing will change this is what clanning is and will be now, you can put all the effort you want into but you won't get results as this is what it's come to now and it's what people are used to.

2 - I've had my time where I experienced all the highs and the lows and clanned alongside friends and innovators to the community.

3 - It's 2017 I'm another year older I don't play the game so my care factor is non existent, I enjoy browsing these forums and my clans forums so I can keep in touch with friends and see how clans are doing.

Relying on common sense is a basis for bias.

If we allow any tom dick harry to post dispute, what is stopping clans from bringing main with the appropriate capes to obtain screenshots and grief a clan's aftermath topic?

The dispute system was incredibly simple- get me evidence from opponent's topic & have your own aftermath topic.

I had taken every single dispute seriously with only i think 5 disputes rejected because ambassadors cannot read simple rules.

You know that we recently tried to push for a common wilderness code of conduct(such as no mains) for clans with punishment such as deletion of aftermath topics in Ambassador boards?

Almost none in favor, and yet clans keep blaming sharkbrew for supporting mains.

Go figure.

This site's culture is absolute cancer. You want to be the place where people are directed to find a pure clan who then find this community appealing enough to join yet it's overrun by ironic brown sticky stuffposting or retards who can't even produce decent banter.

There's a balance between allowing flame or joke posts and being a total cesspool