@togo and anyone else confused

Lord Ex

35 minutes ago, Salso said:

That has no relevance to what he replied, come on lenin you usually give a good arguement 

AAO is 1-20 defence already however no clan has copied them just because they aren't very relevant at the moment, if they were dominant i'm sure clans would copy.

Personally 1-20 is fine, however when clans start getting 25 and above, that is when i will happily log on my main publicly, and kill the 30 defencers 

LOL wtf salso

59 minutes ago, Jamer said:

What do u mean 1def is how it started

Go watch vids from 10-15 years ago and you can see kids wearing black, mith, initiate, mystic etc

same since i started in 2006 onwards i have always been 10def till now bc of lpc scene and used to go on pk trips in full black g and there were loads of people in steel/mith aswell in that period but we have 2k16 clanners who thot it was only monk robes back in the day lmao

5 minutes ago, Blue said:

same since i started in 2006 onwards i have always been 10def till now bc of lpc scene and used to go on pk trips in full black g and there were loads of people in steel/mith aswell in that period but we have 2k16 clanners who thot it was only monk robes back in the day lmao

Yeah, ive only been clanning 4 years but i know for a fact its never been 1-4def in the past

If you asked this question in 2007, you would've been burnt in the square of Draynor VIllage. Bringing up 2007, because this is the year OSRS was primarily based on. Anything above 1-39 defence has no use really, not even the upgrade of gloves or black/mith armour. I think it should stay 1-4 def forever.

3 hours ago, Ex|Will said:

39 defense reverted back to 1 not only because of the main issue but also because unlike pre-eoc 39 defense has NO BENEFIT ON OSRS and if ur thinking of rune gloves that does not make u effective enough against mains to want that high of combat like turmoil did pre-eoc - if u want 39 defence u may aswell get 45 so it actually makes sense

moving forward

when 1 defense was re-introduced into the community I knew at some point 1-20 should eventually become the meta but it would make no sense to have that discussion off the bat being that would force clans to race to maxing accounts and would create an extremely unbalanced scene being clans with established cores & older comunnities would dominate smaller, newer communities along with a 1 def scene just being more appealing to a growth of what was then a very stagnant scene (1 def nearly being extinct at that time)

now I do believe we should be moving towards a 20 def scene because that gives us a little extra bonuses to defend/attack against mains also probably will give clan leaders more balls to actually fight eachother because of the obvious, armour.

now how we smoothly transition into that I'm not sure but I know 39 defence is not the solution

/discuss

"unlike pre-eoc 39 defense has NO BENEFIT ON OSRS "

and neither does getting 99 attack and 99 prayer other than simply to boost ur combat level/for clw

ur only proving my point by saying this... no pure needs above 75 attack 52 prayer as it achieves nothing there is no rigour or augury for pures there are no chaotics that require higher attack /thread

1 hour ago, Ir0ny said:

1-20 quickly becomes 1-25 and then people fuck up and just get 30 def. Seen it so many times.

However, I always believed in the 1-20 def scene to an extent but it would only work if there were strict rules on 20 def accounts. Even limits on cb.

i dont want 39 def back i always thought that was cauliflower 34 with chaly and balista was pushing it but the amount of effort it requires to get both made it reasonable as not many would have it but having 1def and being in robes every trip for people to still be 100+ combat is just cauliflower either stay 90- combat and do 1 def or bring some sort of variety if ur gonna be pushing above 100combat

Introducing defence just ensures no new pures will come into the community so good luck killing the scene with defence.

for those that like defence just join a main clan. Not a pure clan, being in a pure clan looking to have an account with defence makes 0 sense.

28 minutes ago, Togo said:

"unlike pre-eoc 39 defense has NO BENEFIT ON OSRS "

and neither does getting 99 attack and 99 prayer other than simply to boost ur combat level/for clw

ur only proving my point by saying this... no pure needs above 75 attack 52 prayer as it achieves nothing there is no rigour or augury for pures there are no chaotics that require higher attack /thread

dude ur clan has 43 members with over 70 pray

31 minutes ago, Togo said:

i dont want 39 def back i always thought that was cauliflower 34 with chaly and balista was pushing it but the amount of effort it requires to get both made it reasonable as not many would have it but having 1def and being in robes every trip for people to still be 100+ combat is just cauliflower either stay 90- combat and do 1 def or bring some sort of variety if ur gonna be pushing above 100combat

I agree with what you are saying. 100 cb is really just a way of getting any benefit you can. But in the same comparison getting 99 prayer and 99 attack doesn't come easily or cheaply as well as being aware that it ruins your accounts ability to have an advantage in 1v1.

But regardless are there really that many people with 101 cbs in the scene?

Compared to how many addy daddys or mith kids there would be if it was allowed

3 hours ago, Salso said:

Again the point your making is valid, have you been to an xlpc trip? There are mains and tanks in every scene its just down to the leaderships of the clans to keep it to a minimum

Pre-eoc like will stated, 1-20def was the meta before turmoil took over. 

There were still the odd couple of guys in Fatality and CP that were 30 def too, but I think the problem is now the scene is more competitive clans will try anything for an edge. It's a slippery slope from here back to addy, just sayin'.

Times have changed. Sure, 1-20 was the meta pre-eoc and pre-39 defence, but hardly anybody was fully maxed in 2009-2010, meaning the averages were quite a bit lower than today. If 1-20 def gets re-implemented it'll lead to 30-39 def eventually, and people will get sick of that again. So it wouldn't be long before people would go back to 1-5 defence. If you want a fun and active community with the least amount of brown sticky stuff going on, clan ranks will have to return to the mindset of 2007-2010; they'll have to work together more often, sometimes even with rival clans. Instead of thinking: "they're bringing mains, lets do the same", "they're ddosing and hacking us, let's do the same" you should find and work together with other clans to counter said clan(s) in a proper in-game fashion. Don't give those clans action anymore. Don't allow them to post on Sharkbrew anymore. Team on said clans when they continue bringing mains and doing other no-honour stuff. But keep it in-game and on the forums. Keep real life out of it and illegal activities as well. Don't be like that clan. Don't think "an eye for an eye", because if you do, you'll also be a part of the problem.

Sharkbrew should also play a crucial and vital role. Rules should be implemented for a combat and defence cap. Clans who break said cap won't be allowed to post topics. Other clans will have to work together to combat said clans. Don't give them any action, team on them if need be as I've said. Clan ranks hold the power, and together with a little bit of help from Sharkbrew a better community could be realised again, just like the golden days. With room for good banter and in-game rivalries, and sure.. once in a while a heated flamewar that stays in-game. But I guess it's too late for that in this "we don't give a brown sticky stuff" and "adapt or die" era, where having fun doesn't seem to be the main priority anymore. In the end you should ask yourself the following two questions: what are you fighting for, and what are you playing for?