New Pure Clan Classification - The Solution To Mains

slushpuppy

I wasn't actually talking about HPC, HPC is a lost cause in terms of getting rid of mains. I think everyone would agree on that.

HPC aside, the problem with lower level clans such as lpc/mpc isn't that mains are an unstoppable offensive force. The problem is that clans that have a core of members that are willing to multilog on mains become impossible/very challenging to clear while having hard to kill snipe units following callers around. Remember when CD/OP had return fights that lasted for hours? That was the reason. Mains made it impossible for either clan to get a full clear on the other, buying time for members to return almost indefinitely. At the same time, any callers returning to the fight would instantly have 3/4 mains following them around attacking them. This happened without mass trained 30 def on either side, the majority of the members of both clans were mid 80 combats and 1-20 def. 

HPC is the only scene where the mains are very potent both offensively and defensively, which is why they are and will forever be an issue. At low combat brackets the mains deal much less damage than comparable pures, but they also are very difficult to kill for lower level pures (especially in f2p) and simply serve to absorb damage and snipe random pures. This is why, as I said, encouraging low def is moving in the right direction and making mains less overpowered but it doesn't actually change the fact that they are still extremely useful and so will be abused.

Also, I know I didn't say it before, but these arguments are mostly applicable to f2p. P2p varies more in each combat bracket because of what the pures are able to wield, so while mains would still be very strong in certain brackets they might have much less of an impact in others.

Clans just need to be a bit more diverse with their attack styles in f2p. At the moment I only see melee and range exclusively.

what does this change? a clan is in contention for a different bracket cotm? this wont have the slightest reduction on mains let alone act as a solution

hpc is 1-30+ def now.. so you're not discouraging the use of mains in anyway. this topic is completely useless

Exactly lol, if anything then this is an attempt to push clans to lower their defence requirements for the fancy [MPC] icon, because we all know clans wont have strictly 1-5 defence. I dont see how this is helpful for getting rid of mains tbh.

Exactly lol, if anything then this is an attempt to push clans to lower their defence requirements for the fancy [MPC] icon, because we all know clans wont have strictly 1-5 defence. I dont see how this is helpful for getting rid of mains tbh.

You'd be surprised on the amount of 1-5 def clans at the moment or at least supposedly 1-5 def. Obviously they are not involved in the HPC scene though. 

@ This topic sadly does not really affect the HPC scene much, it is more meant for the current huge divide in the community below the HPC scene.

You'd be surprised on the amount of 1-5 def clans at the moment or at least supposedly 1-5 def. Obviously they are not involved in the HPC scene though. 

@ This topic sadly does not really affect the HPC scene much, it is more meant for the current huge divide in the community below the HPC scene.

ok fair enough

so now a maxed 1 def lvl 101 is lpc? i feel like there should still be some sort of combat cap regulations aswell

Hopefully clans don't force their members to ruin their perfectly good 75 attack elder maul pure for 30 attack lvls.

what does this change? a clan is in contention for a different bracket cotm? this wont have the slightest reduction on mains let alone act as a solution

hpc is 1-30+ def now.. so you're not discouraging the use of mains in anyway. this topic is completely useless

So clans would have to choose, do they want to have weekend trips being camped by mains or win the occasional prep in clan wars?

If they choose to keep their def low as possible, then we will offer them a bracket where they can compete with other 1 deffers in clan wars.

People want to get rid of the 30 def cancer, that is why we have seen an opening of at least 5 official lpcs with more down the road.

HPC is a lost cause. If the HPC clans want to tango by throwing mains at 39 defs & mains at each other.. so be it. The MPCs & LPC will have to content with mid lvl wildy until the swamp dries out.

If LPC/MPCs want to bring mains.. sure np, your brown sticky stuffty lvl 70 hp mains will just get 1 banged by ags and dbolts.

As I saw someone post earlier in the thread, this isn't an issue a post from @@slushpuppy on sharkbrew community forums is going to solve. It's all based on ALL clan leaders/ranks, if you get them to restrict and actually abide by it such as allowing 1-20def, but someone with 23 comes and they allow it....e.g;

Realistically, the only people who can really change this....is ranks of clans simply by actually refusing members who don't meet the criteria of an actual pure, which obviously they won't as they've been doing it all this time. Some things never change, even no matter how hard one person or many put effort. It takes a whole crowd, and let's face it....this crowd....well it's not the most pleasant one. We're on the internet bud.

The problem is partly ego but it is also mostly due to the fact that HPCs are running around with 30+ def accounts that simply confers 0 offensive bonuses in f2p or p2p, and such accounts are easy pickings for maxed mains even at low level wildy.

If clans stuck to 1 def and fought around mid lvl wildy  i promise you, any zerks/half assed main clan trying to be funny will instantly be punished.

This move to encourage low def is a self moderation system in by itself.

We didn't need such systems in 2010 because most 30 def pures back then had turmoil and hc who would carrot pretty much anyone around their lvls.

Seeing as clans were unwilling to do what makes sense (Revert back to 1-20 Def) this system proves to be the best option moving forward..Offers current LPC's an opportunity to expand the platform they can recruit from, being now they will have access to all pures 1-5 defence opposed to 80- CB - Creating a true pure scene, for the people who want to play on pures to enjoy.

Also this encourages clans to do P2P..As they can now gain the attack levels required to weild certain weapons which will ensure stability in clans. (No clan can last forever solely off of 1 server) I like the sound of this and some tweaking along the way will ensure the success of this system.

• There will be a side bar hook that shows the current clans & the respective classification they belong to.
  • There will be a dispute section where anyone can publicly post evidence of clans breaking the classification.
  • Depending on the circumstances, the following can happen:
    • For members who were hacked, clans will be given 1 week to egress members from the clan
    • For blatantly using higher defence pures(or mains) in any events, the clan will be given a warning not to repeat it again.

If clans choose to properly use this I think in time we'll create a more honorable, respectable and overall enjoyable Pure Community again. However this only works if clans begin carrying about quality, respectable members in their clan opposed to +1's so they can compete.

I know clans like FS will absolutely hate this system but the truth is most "LPC's" didn't open under the same premise as Fearless with the intention of remaining under 75- combat forever. Most clans want to progress and were mainly unable to because the higher tier scene is absolute cancer (39 Defence) this changes that and I'm looking forward to see how this pans out.

The 1-5 def clans you speak of are literally level 40-50 XLPC clans lol, ofcourse anyone with a brain would stick to 1 def at that combat.

Now when it comes to MPC scene where people are 70-90 combat, then you wont find any 1-5 def clans, same thing with hpcs.

In big picture those XLPC clans are irrelevant as they never last long enough to move up or make an impact on the scene.

Im glad that people are trying to find solutions to this bullbrown sticky stuff with all the mains and addy going on though.

The 1-5 def clans you speak of are literally level 40-50 XLPC clans lol, ofcourse anyone with a brain would stick to 1 def at that combat.

Now when it comes to MPC scene where people are 70-90 combat, then you wont find any 1-5 def clans, same thing with hpcs.

In big picture those XLPC clans are irrelevant as they never last long enough to move up or make an impact on the scene.

Im glad that people are trying to find solutions to this bullbrown sticky stuff with all the mains and addy going on though.

I hear what you're saying mate but i don't think its fair of you to say that XLPC's are irrelevant and they won't make an impression on the community. There have been plenty of examples in Pure History of clans starting out in the 40cb range and moving up successfully, is it popular? No, definitely not but if you look at the current Xlpc scene, most of them DO NOT want to move up simply because the LPC scene is pretty much cancer. I do believe that the current XLPC scene is the future of tomorrow.

9i97GP8.png

New Pure Clan Classification-The Solution To Mains

• There will be a side bar hook that shows the current clans & the respective classification they belong to.
  • There will be a dispute section where anyone can publicly post evidence of clans breaking the classification.
    • For members who were hacked, clans will be given 1 week to egress members from the clan
    • For blatantly using higher defence pures(or mains) in any events, the clan will be given a warning not to repeat it again.
  • Failure to accede to above requirements will result in the clan being automatically moved up to the next combat tier
  • There will be no exceptions
  • Clans can request to be moved up or down the combat tier
  • For existing clans, this classification will not kick in until 1st February to give everyone more time to adjust the levels of their clan members

Q&A

• Why base it on Defence levels instead of Combat?
    • Compatible with existing clans- Existing HPCs today all bring 30 defs, so no changes. The new LPCs will also slot in just fine. MPCs will be an issue, but we will try out best to integrate them accordingly
    • Persistent Clan Branding - With the current system, clan ranks just simply choose a category and stick with it. No more moving up the tier when everyone has leveled.
    • Restraining Def levels - When new clans move up tier, usually they would be unable to compete with the existing clans who usually has higher defence. As a result, these new clans also end up increasing their def avg
    • Fairer - Clans would now only have to fight others with similar def levels & ultimately similar gear setup/weapons if jagex chooses to introduce turmoil/etc.
  • What happens if Jagex introduces defence based weapons like turmoil/handcannon?
    • Nothing changes-Turmoil pures will join HPCs, and 1 def pures will stick within their own category.
  • How does this solve the issue of mains?
    • Minimizes the reckless leveling of defence - Under the old system, clans have encouraged members to obtain 39 def pure (tanks) to stay competitive within their tier. Now they will be penalized for it.
    • Low defence reduces chance of mains attacking you - A low defence pure will less exposed to main accounts that could threaten its PKing dominance. A 1 def 80 cb nearly maxed pure should best any equivalent lvl 80 main, esp with the new raid weapons.
    • What happens if my lvl 50 lpc gets attacked by lvl 50 cb critical damage mains?
  • Who do these classifications apply to?
    • Sharkbrew has zero jurisdictions in game, however we hope that clans take the initiative, regardless on 1st Feb Sharkbrew will automatically group you for the following:
      • WCOTM
      • COTM
      • Clan Declaration System
      • Any other tournament or clan vs clan events.
  • Some clans refuse to obey the def limit and still bring higher def pures!
    • Dispute them
    • Use tactics to defeat them... (wasn't an issue when MM was around.. remember 30 def today confers almost no offensive advantage.) like:
      • Hit & Run
      • KO squad consisting of mages/rangers
      • Fight at lower wilderness(because ur not frigging 39 def, it shouldn't be a problem!)
  • There is another clanning website, what if they don't follow the same classification system?
    • The other site has spoken volumes about stopping mains, but it is expected that nothing will bore fruition as that site is ran by some of the more toxic pure clans who introduced mains to their respective pure brackets
    • it is more than likely they will try to demonize some of the attempts by this site to cure the main cancer, but I strongly believe that a group of maxed pures will defeat any subpar mains at lvl 20 wilderness.
  • What will happen after this topic?
    • We will be engaging clans to ease the transition(esp for MPCs)
  • Omg wow I would like to open a new LPC clan?!?!?!?!??
    • Continue reading below.

DzFixGs.png

Free teamspeak hosting for new (X)LPCs

I would also like to personally sustain this push by giving out teamspeaks to anyone who may be tempted to open an (X)LPC after reading this topic.

My offer:

• 1 month's free 60 slot DDOS-protected teamspeak hosting

Requirements:

• You want to open a 1-5 (X)LPC.
  • You do not have an existing forum/site/teamspeak
  • You have conducted at least 1 trip(midweek) with a CC size of at least 15 pures or more.
  • You have evidence of having conducted the aforementioned trip, either via screenshots or having posted a Sharkbrew aftermath topic
  • You do not bring anyone above 5 def.

Break any of the above rules will result in the TS being revoked.

Apply now here: http://www.sharkbrew.com/community/index.php?/forum/226-i-am-opening-an-lpc-and-need-a-free-teamspeak/

I will not run this offer for long, so act quickly!

Credits:

I would like to thank the following people for their assistance and consultation:

• My entire rank team who advised me on changes
  • @Ex Da Gr8 - Whose topics were one of the catalysts for this project

• @ - who initially planted the idea of using def based tier system
  • To all the leaders of LPCs/MPCs/HPC who were consulted.

ty for advertising my video :P

Seeing as clans were unwilling to do what makes sense (Revert back to 1-20 Def) this system proves to be the best option moving forward..Offers current LPC's an opportunity to expand the platform they can recruit from, being now they will have access to all pures 1-5 defence opposed to 80- CB - Creating a true pure scene, for the people who want to play on pures to enjoy.

Also this encourages clans to do P2P..As they can now gain the attack levels required to weild certain weapons which will ensure stability in clans. (No clan can last forever solely off of 1 server) I like the sound of this and some tweaking along the way will ensure the success of this system.

• There will be a dispute section where anyone can publicly post evidence of clans breaking the classification.

If clans choose to properly use this I think in time we'll create a more honorable, respectable and overall enjoyable Pure Community again. However this only works if clans begin carrying about quality, respectable members in their clan opposed to +1's so they can compete.

I know clans like FS will absolutely hate this system but the truth is most "LPC's" didn't open under the same premise as Fearless with the intention of remaining under 75- combat forever. Most clans want to progress and were mainly unable to because the higher tier scene is absolute cancer (39 Defence) this changes that and I'm looking forward to see how this pans out.

@Ex Da Gr8

No actually fs love this system absolutely and would abuse it to the best of our capability. It just means now. As long as you're 1 defence. You're considered LPC. LMAO. 

The reason behind Fs opening with the intention to stay below 75- forever is stated in your post. Anywhere near the higher tier scene is absolute cancer. Yet all clan wants to keep moving up towards the higher tier scene instead of working on their core.

All flames aside, im just stating some facts. Take a look at Invictus/Terror etc, look where are they heading to. They're trying to move up the combat cap when literally their numbers have been dropping like crazy for the past 2 months. Their solution to losing in a real pure scene is to 'ok guys lets train up, we cant beat these kids at 75 cap. Lets go for 80.' Legit Invictus is the longest running LPC, they've been at 75 cb for the longest time and had the most account 70-75 when Fs prep'ed them last 3 times. They literally won 0/9 rounds. Their solution isnt about recruiting/training up their quality but rather. "Lets train our accounts up, they suck" Whats gonna happen when its cap at 80 and they still get beat down like dogbrown sticky stuff? They gonna try increase again? Then they next thing u know, is a scene of mass 20def,mith,addy,rune. 

With AAO/Envy opening at 88/90 cb cap, pretty sure some of you that made to the LPC trip times saw what they had. fighting 88s+ in mith/addy. Isn't that cancer? At the end of the day, why wont clans re-open and make new accounts. Like CD/SK/Ascent is doing. legit 1def 50-60combat. Ok there might be some tanks involve, but who cares. Thats where real pures fight. 

@Ex Da Gr8

No actually fs love this system absolutely and would abuse it to the best of our capability. It just means now. As long as you're 1 defence. You're considered LPC. LMAO. 

The reason behind Fs opening with the intention to stay below 75- forever is stated in your post. Anywhere near the higher tier scene is absolute cancer. Yet all clan wants to keep moving up towards the higher tier scene instead of working on their core.

All flames aside, im just stating some facts. Take a look at Invictus/Terror etc, look where are they heading to. They're trying to move up the combat cap when literally their numbers have been dropping like crazy for the past 2 months. Their solution to losing in a real pure scene is to 'ok guys lets train up, we cant beat these kids at 75 cap. Lets go for 80.' Legit Invictus is the longest running LPC, they've been at 75 cb for the longest time and had the most account 70-75 when Fs prep'ed them last 3 times. They literally won 0/9 rounds. Their solution isnt about recruiting/training up their quality but rather. "Lets train our accounts up, they suck" Whats gonna happen when its cap at 80 and they still get beat down like dogbrown sticky stuff? They gonna try increase again? Then they next thing u know, is a scene of mass 20def,mith,addy,rune. 

With AAO/Envy opening at 88/90 cb cap, pretty sure some of you that made to the LPC trip times saw what they had. fighting 88s+ in mith/addy. Isn't that cancer? At the end of the day, why wont clans re-open and make new accounts. Like CD/SK/Ascent is doing. legit 1def 50-60combat. Ok there might be some tanks involve, but who cares. Thats where real pures fight. 

I didn't make this post so please don't act as if I'm 'trying' to do anything. However I do support this post as my hope is a an uncapped scene with just 1-20 defence. This puts us one step closer to it. I think your mistake is in thinking everything revolves around Fearless. I just want 1-20 defence pure clanning.. capping combat wise limits growth 

We beat you twice consecutively at 80 cap and you refuse to prep doom there???

Terror did not go to 80 Cap because fear of losing either..We wanted above dual 90's while being able to have 44 prayer. 

Anyway I'm out of commission for at least another week but I look forward to this new scene.