Is Sharkbrew good or bad for the community?

Yaz

Personally idk, used to think it was pretty good, but for the new player, it seems pretty toxic. It doesnt seem to be bringing anyone any joy...

Has advantages such as clan advertising and helping us make come together as a community but half the reasons dont prep or fight is they dont catch the L on SB.

Thoughts?

No hate on SB, just thinking out loud, 

1 minute ago, Kenan the Kel said:

No it makes it alot more toxic and rwt ads makes jagex not take sb seriously clanning would be better off without sites like sb

If you know anything you would know we attempted to have relations w/jagex (sween) it was failed promises etc.

We don't expect jagex's support

29 minutes ago, Moni said:

If you know anything you would know we attempted to have relations w/jagex (sween) it was failed promises etc.

Can u blame him with how cancer this site is? And the fact you've advertised rwt and private servers that shouldn't be a surprise to you.

2 minutes ago, Kenan the Kel said:

Can u blame him with how cancer this site is? And the fact you've advertised rwt and private servers that shouldn't be a surprise to you.

We adverted this way after he stopped communicating with us

If you think we had adverts while talking to a J mod you're lost lol 

Sites like SB (and previously Zybez) serve as a useful resource for clans. But people care way too much about this shit (clan drama/beef/etc) and it turns into nonsense. Everyone gets so caught up in the tribalism of clan PvP that it turns everyone into cunts. People think they're funnier than they are. They say hurtful shit without thinking twice about it. At this point there are no clans that give a damn about the community at all, everyone is out for themselves. People actually find it hilarious when a clan closes and their egos even tell them that they had a part in it. The whole "I killed your clan lmfao" mentality does nothing but kill the scene (PKing as a whole) one piece at a time. 

It's actually hilarious how clanners were more mature as teenagers than we are now as adults. Main clans are more separated than we've ever been. Hopefully pures can stop that from happening to theirs. 

12 minutes ago, Kenan the Kel said:

J Mods ignoring SB has nothing to do with the rwt ads. J Mods stopped communicating with clans a long time ago. They used to post in the UNC on Zybez (the Ambassador equivalent forum on Zybez) for awhile in early 2015, then just stopped. Never came back and never said why. 

There are several "Clan Leader" discords with a few J Mods who idle in them (Sween, Archie, etc) and they'll pop around every few weeks or so, answer a few questions with very vague roundabout answers. Not much else. From Jagex's standpoint, I'm sure they just don't see the need to coordinate with PvP clans much since we're such a small portion of the game's playerbase. Especially the ones who don't do DMM. 

And now you got the whole Jed business.. I don't think they want to be anywhere near clans right now (or anytime soon). 

23 minutes ago, IMK said:

Sites like SB (and previously Zybez) serve as a useful resource for clans. But people care way too much about this shit (clan drama/beef/etc) and it turns into nonsense. Everyone gets so caught up in the tribalism of clan PvP that it turns everyone into cunts. People think they're funnier than they are. They say hurtful shit without thinking twice about it. At this point there are no clans that give a damn about the community at all, everyone is out for themselves. People actually find it hilarious when a clan closes and their egos even tell them that they had a part in it. The whole "I killed your clan lmfao" mentality does nothing but kill the scene (PKing as a whole) one piece at a time. 

It's actually hilarious how clanners were more mature as teenagers than we are now as adults. Main clans are more separated than we've ever been. Hopefully pures can stop that from happening to theirs. 

15 minutes ago, IMK said:

J Mods ignoring SB has nothing to do with the rwt ads. J Mods stopped communicating with clans a long time ago. They used to post in the UNC on Zybez (the Ambassador equivalent forum on Zybez) for awhile in early 2015, then just stopped. Never came back and never said why. 

There are several "Clan Leader" discords with a few J Mods who idle in them (Sween, Archie, etc) and they'll pop around every few weeks or so, answer a few questions with very vague roundabout answers. Not much else. From Jagex's standpoint, I'm sure they just don't see the need to coordinate with PvP clans much since we're such a small portion of the game's playerbase. Especially the ones who don't do DMM. 

And now you got the whole Jed business.. I don't think they want to be anywhere near clans right now (or anytime soon). 

Sharkbrew could be great for clanning, but as always our community goes and turns it into something toxic.

It's good for community especially if we can actively hold all scenes within clanning.

The only problem the site has is the constant beef particular clans and clan members bring to the boards with all their shitty beef and their sheltered way of approaching clanning by either neither taking action or accepting a lose because they're to afraid to accept losing on a pixelated game.

If everyone put the billshit aside and actually positively contributed then you would find the site would have a better vibe and community.

5 hours ago, Moni said:

yea but as my nig rockman said were advertising gold sites and services which go against rs tos... i understand u need sponsors but also after that thing with mod jed and rot i dont think they will ever take any kind of clan seriously anymore..

Like usual it could be a great platform for both pures and mains but the general toxicity, selective moderating, and the lack of a universal rule for all and lack of consistency tends to let the website down.

Still lots of potential but it is yet to meet that level.